Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 14:02   #961
evo
BHPian

I had a feeling that the Skoda dealer in Kolkata would become the VW dealer too. Thankfully, that is not the case, the BMW dealer is now also the VW dealer.

But he was also slightly funny when he said,"our service costs are not at all expensive, it costs only 15000 for a normal service"

I checked the orkut forums. Its hilarious. The things skoda service centre people have gotten away with.

Have linked to this thread from my Orkut profile too.

Also added the thread to an RS forum orkut -

Last edited by evo : 4th April 2009 at 14:07.
Old 4th April 2009, 14:10   #962
BHPian

Just a thought.

Skoda is giving such horrible *** since long, than why they have the impression of being the "Premium cars"???
Old 4th April 2009, 14:11   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
But he was also slightly funny when he said,"our service costs are not at all expensive, it costs only 15000 for a normal service"
If ANYONE hopes to compete with the Japanese a radical overhaul of the mind is a precondition!
The Europeans and the Americans are certainly not making much headway!
Old 4th April 2009, 15:04   #964
BHPian

@Skoda Management,

I was just thinking to go for an Octavia next month and did not get time to look at TBHP from last one month due to project work. Now, with such a horrible experience to Harish, have decided against it and will think of something else
Old 4th April 2009, 15:57   #965
BHPian

Sorry, unable to resist... adding a bit of mirth to this serious thread..

A few Skoda jokes I just love..

1. There is a big competition at my local pub - the first prize is a skoda,
....the second prize is two skodas !

2. Whats the difference between a Skoda and a Tampon?
The Tampon comes with its own tow rope!

3. What do you call a Skoda at the the top of a hill ?
A miracle.
What do you call 2 Skodas at the top of a hill?
A mirage.

4. What happens if you apply rust remover to a Skoda ?
It dissappears!
Old 4th April 2009, 16:20   #966
BHPian

Shame on skoda, sure to lose business... never wil recommend skoda to anyone,
Old 4th April 2009, 16:20   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxX View Post
I just struck up a conversation with a friend in the auto industry about Skoda, planning to talk to him about this case. Even before I could say anything, he told me about how spurious parts are put in the cars and when the customer has problems, original parts are put back at high prices and the cycle repeated again..

Was shocked, this seems to be happening from quite a while.. wonder how it became a issue only now
What ?
I now think this can be rampant nationwide exercise with only a few good dealerships around in India. I too wonder for how long this has been happening and how many customers have been cheated and are cheated still.
Actually its for the first time we are able to see such an outburst thanks to one person bringing out his experience. I dont know how many more stories will be there at TBHP alone, wonder what will be the number all over India.

If what is quoted above is even 50% true ( I believe its 100% true, goig by what I am reading in this thread ) then this is a damn serious offense by the company and dealers. I think that now government must take some action on this. Its heights and the long silence is also irritating from Skoda's end. I hope Skoda is already chalking out a brand new plan to overhaul their strategy and management system. I am expecting a pleasant surprise from their end.

The GOI must take some action against Skoda and its dealers if the practice of putting in spurious parts is found rampant.
Old 4th April 2009, 16:30   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Ah, always feels nice to reminiscence over the good ol' days eh?

Jumping in with the correction, before Sam Kapasi gets a chance

Reminiscence - > Noun
Reminisce - > Verb

Needless to say, 'feels nice to reminisce' would be the correct usage.
Old 4th April 2009, 16:34   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
This is the response I got from Skoda India to my query. I have copied the entire mail as-is (only masked out email IDs for privacy reasons).
------------------------
I would like to know what the company is doing to reduce the cost of service, parts and improve After Sales Service in general.

regards,
Prashanth
hey prahant, why dont you ask this guy to search for Skoda India Service on google and ask him if all those complaints are also exceptional

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th April 2009 at 16:55. Reason: readability, quoting large post
Old 4th April 2009, 16:41   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
What ?
I now think this can be rampant nationwide exercise with only a few good dealerships around in India. I too wonder for how long this has been happening and how many customers have been cheated and are cheated still.
Actually its for the first time we are able to see such an outburst thanks to one person bringing out his experience. I dont know how many more stories will be there at TBHP alone, wonder what will be the number all over India.

If what is quoted above is even 50% true ( I believe its 100% true, goig by what I am reading in this thread ) then this is a damn serious offense by the company and dealers. I think that now government must take some action on this. Its heights and the long silence is also irritating from Skoda's end. I hope Skoda is already chalking out a brand new plan to overhaul their strategy and management system. I am expecting a pleasant surprise from their end.

The GOI must take some action against Skoda and its dealers if the practice of putting in spurious parts is found rampant.
aaggo

I am ready to put my neck on the line. Hang me if I am wrong.

Let us have a clinic, for all Skoda cars serviced by Nummer Eins ( lets start with them ), to verify parts for their originality. We can start with BHPian cars.

Let us have an expert on Skoda parts, somebody like ajmat ?, conduct this.

Let us have the media in on the party.

Trust me my friend, this will be the right one to hit the 'Breaking News'.

Let us advertise this gathering in leading newspapers and see how Skoda comes out of its shell, faster than a vRS, with the fire brigade clanging behind.

Skoda cannot take action against us for checking our own cars. can they?

But of course, you have to contend with the now famous tag line,

'these parts were not ascertained to have been put by our dealer'
Old 4th April 2009, 16:46   #971
BHPian

canceled my plan to buy fabia

i was planning to buy a skoda fabia for my college use. i was almost ready to visit the showroom to process the purchase. now after seeing these stupid thing done by a single dealer, i lost all trust and good image that i had regarding the company. now i ll not allow my parents to keep their laura, just coz am a proud indian. hey guys lets all fight against skoda.. "quit skoda movement".. even i was not a happy owner of skoda vehicle.. never a user friendly approach from the dealer..
we will fight untill skoda corrects its stupidity and agrees its mistakes
hope am not over reacting...
Old 4th April 2009, 16:53   #972
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
aaggo

Let us have a clinic, for all Skoda cars serviced by Nummer Eins ( lets start with them ), to verify parts for their originality. We can start with BHPian cars.

Skoda cannot take action against us for checking our own cars. can they?
Sounds like a good idea, in my case the dealer changed the part not with a non genuine part but with a genuinely spoiled genuine part!

Jasher: hey prahant, why dont you ask this guy to search for Skoda India Service on google and ask him if all those complaints are also exceptional

Haha. Exactly!

Last edited by evo : 4th April 2009 at 16:59.
Old 4th April 2009, 18:49   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am extremely concerned. Concerned because:

1. If we are to believe that this person is speaking his mind, then Skoda genuinely believes nothing is wrong with their shoddy service.

2. And unless one realises the problem, how on earth is the company going to work toward solutions?!

3. Either Skoda India is too arrogant, naive, unwilling to serve its customers...or.....ALL THREE combined.
Even I got the same impression that Skoda is now treating Harish's bad experience as an exception!
Otherwise everything is fine with Skoda!
How long will a company live in such misconceptions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think that now government must take some action on this. Its heights and the long silence is also irritating from Skoda's end. I hope Skoda is already chalking out a brand new plan to overhaul their strategy and management system. I am expecting a pleasant surprise from their end.

Yes, I too feel the Govt should intervene & take serious action against companies involved in such large scale malpractices!

Last edited by finneyp : 4th April 2009 at 18:50.
Old 4th April 2009, 19:27   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Even I got the same impression that Skoda is now treating Harish's bad experience as an exception!
Otherwise everything is fine with Skoda!
How long will a company live in such misconceptions?
I feel, unless they see some dips in the sales, attributed to their new image through this forum, they shall not take these criticisms seriously.
Old 4th April 2009, 19:41   #975
Senior - BHPian

Another story - same characters, same situation, same outcome. Read it at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-uh-oh-3.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks