Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 20:11   #976
Senior - BHPian

Yiiikes!! Another Horror tale from SKODA,we know enough such cases now to write a 1000+ page report/book on it.
This forum is really an eye-opener,met with a guy who recently purchased a new superb,despite trying not to,ended up showing these threads to him,the look on that poor guy's face,I am sure,all the happiness of a new car must had washed off.He hardly had no words to say,just that he is going to be very carefull now with these guys and that he wished he had bought an accord instead as he was satisfied if not happy with the Honda guys as he owns a NHC as well.

@ssjr
Whats more surprising is that we have 3 members here (in the poll) who would like to feel otherwise,while one of them seems to be a fake,one of them is a very active member and I am surprised that there are still people who worship such brands.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th April 2009 at 20:28. Reason: Addition within 15 minutes was required so as to avoid bac to back posts.Sorry for trouble.
Old 4th April 2009, 20:11   #977
BHPian

Strangely, even after 65 pages of dismay!! The team-bhp page still has a Skoda as its log!!!!!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 4th April 2009 at 20:13.
Old 4th April 2009, 20:27   #978
Senior - BHPian

We like their cars. We don't like their business practices. *shrug* I don't see why it can't stay - after all, it is the first proper, affordable (coming out of the showroom, at least), enthusiast's car in India.
Old 4th April 2009, 21:19   #979
BHPian

lets be frank over here. Skoda is seen as a status symbol!! and unless that changes skoda will milk their customers!
so god save them!
Old 4th April 2009, 22:13   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
lets be frank over here. Skoda is seen as a status symbol!! and unless that changes skoda will milk their customers!
so god save them!
It indeed is,and now that status symbol has further been elevated,now whenever i will meet a skoda owner,i will safely percieve that he is richer than his car portrays him to be,first he bought a rs.12lakh+ car and must have shelled out half that amount for spares & service within a couple of kilometres.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:18   #981
BHPian

Well, I was feeling left out. Not anymore!
One of my friend's family were planning to buy Fabia. After 10 mins and just a glimpse of this post, they are planning to go for DZire

Regards,
Old 4th April 2009, 22:40   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
No offense meant to generalise however I have somehow have lost respect for reputed German brands in India due to their pathetic Indian counterparts who are just here to pull money rather than live up to the brand name with excellent service.
After reading all this, I haven't just lost respect for German brands in India.. am plain scared. For the life of me, whether matter pending in court or whatever, I just don't understand their attitude and their lethargy to actually DO something TANGIBLE to REAL customers who are affected.

They don't have to treat customers as LIABILITIES.

If this is their response after actually witnessing in live the Pandora's box being opened, what would be the plight of single customers who don't have a backing [and there could be many of them]? Dump the car and go home after paying all the hard-earned tax-deducted money?

We as customers need to fight for justice. Like there's no tomorrow.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:48   #983
Senior - BHPian

You shouldn't group all German brands together and brand them as bad as Skoda is. BMW takes good care of their customers with their BSI plans. MB treat their customers like royalty even if their cars have reliability issues and are open to goodwill replacement of parts outside of warranty.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:55   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
aaggo

I am ready to put my neck on the line. Hang me if I am wrong.

Let us have a clinic, for all Skoda cars serviced by Nummer Eins ( lets start with them ), to verify parts for their originality. We can start with BHPian cars.

Let us have an expert on Skoda parts, somebody like ajmat ?, conduct this.

Let us have the media in on the party.

Trust me my friend, this will be the right one to hit the 'Breaking News'.

Let us advertise this gathering in leading newspapers and see how Skoda comes out of its shell, faster than a vRS, with the fire brigade clanging behind.

Skoda cannot take action against us for checking our own cars. can they?

But of course, you have to contend with the now famous tag line,

'these parts were not ascertained to have been put by our dealer'
nice idea Harish. we can also check cars serviced by other dealers. i think many other dealers might also be doing the same.

well i think their next TAG LINE will be :
"These parts are ascertained to have been put by Mr. Harish of Team-BHP"

just kiddin harish
Old 4th April 2009, 23:59   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
nice idea Harish. we can also check cars serviced by other dealers. i think many other dealers might also be doing the same.

well i think their next TAG LINE will be :
"These parts are ascertained to have been put by Mr. Harish of Team-BHP"

just kiddin harish
Hey amit. That sounds good. Mr. Harish of Team-BHP. Really good.

BTW, I am trying to find out the supply chain and the origin of these Skoda spurious parts. Got a few leads. Will try and discover actual delivery to one of these dealers. Let's see..... Might pull off a coup.

Last edited by harishv : 5th April 2009 at 00:10.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:12   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
aaggo

I am ready to put my neck on the line. Hang me if I am wrong.

Let us have a clinic, for all Skoda cars serviced by Nummer Eins ( lets start with them ), to verify parts for their originality. We can start with BHPian cars.

Let us have an expert on Skoda parts, somebody like ajmat ?, conduct this.

Let us have the media in on the party.

Trust me my friend, this will be the right one to hit the 'Breaking News'.

Let us advertise this gathering in leading newspapers and see how Skoda comes out of its shell, faster than a vRS, with the fire brigade clanging behind.

Skoda cannot take action against us for checking our own cars. can they?

But of course, you have to contend with the now famous tag line,

'these parts were not ascertained to have been put by our dealer'
If at all this idea materializes it would be the day when Skoda will have to leave our country. Your post indicates that things are much much more deep and dark. It also becomes matter of safety not only for the car owner and his/her family but for others also. I must admit this is life threatening to both car owner and others.

If we sit and think more seriously, sleepless night will follow as this news is alarming to say the least. Imagine the reliability of those machines whose parts were interchanged and are still happily plying on the road. Imagine the high number of customers first overcharged and then cheated. The economic loss will be as good as Czech economy or even more ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, I too feel the Govt should intervene & take serious action against companies involved in such large scale malpractices!

I think we must send the link of this thread to all leading newspapers, news channels and even the Czech government for them to know what is exactly their quality.

I think Skoda is even taking the aspect of safety as granted. I think in any other developed country they will be charged for attempt to murder.

OT : But what really worries me now is this : How can an indian citized be so bad that he goes on to change parts like this. Is it that we Indians in general have lost all good values ? Its after all an Indian citized taking out parts of car which belong to Indians only. We are truly a very unprofessional lot.

Quote:
I am trying to find out the supply chain and the origin of these Skoda spurious parts. Got a few leads. Will try and discover actual delivery to one of these dealers. Let's see..... Might pull off a coup.
Great news. Then again we have breaking news here. Eagerly waiting for this news to come up and hats off to your effort and courage. You are doing what a responsible government must do, a responsible company must do.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th April 2009 at 00:14.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:33   #987
Senior - BHPian

OK after seeing the origin of thread and responses so far I can just say Skoda Corporate spokesperson has shot in her foot. I just hope she is not made scapegoat for this whole matter if their internal root cause analysis ( if they ever do that) point to PR rather then QC and dealer management.

I must say we Indians and our craze for things "Phoren" is too be blamed for this. Consumerism and Marketing assault is quite new to us that is post 1990 phenomenon so if something is sold at a higher price point psychologically we perceive it to be of premium quality " Jitna gur daloge utna meetha hoga"
Many defunct brands abroad do very well in India and you can see such case studies in BW and pink papers quite often.
Skoda case is unique because they seem to be hell bent on antagonizing customers.
I remember few threads earlier where people were trying to justify premium pricing on certain level of germanness in car.

This thread is a greim reminder that product should be evaluated for the value it provides not on its origins.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:34   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I am trying to find out the supply chain and the origin of these Skoda spurious parts. Got a few leads. Will try and discover actual delivery to one of these dealers. Let's see..... Might pull off a coup.
@harshiv
Great news,but better be cautious as you never know how deep and dark this network maybe,and ofcourse they will not be wee bit happy if they come to know about someone unearthing there filthy modus operandi.So please be careful while searching for the leads,if they can do so much of cheating/malpractice I am afraid they wont be bothered about doing more of their stuff to trouble/threaten you.I hope you understand.

Regards.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:41   #989
BHPian

How about a sting operation? Maybe a hidden camera in a skoda sent for repairs / normal servicing.

Help ? Contact IndiaTV.

They will be more than interested in the issue, methinks.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:50   #990
BHPian

Let's keep the current red vRS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Strangely, even after 65 pages of dismay!! The team-bhp page still has a Skoda as its log!!!!!
I think it is better to retain the red vRs on the masthead of Team BHP like a Red Indian scalp or an Amazonian tsantsa (shrunken head) !

It will serve as a reminder to unscrupulous companies that the discerning Indian Consumer can no longer be taken for a 'ride' !

Also, the Skoda vRS deserves a place of pride in the Indian motoring history. It is by far the best handling performance car in it's price range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks