Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2009, 17:02   #1021
BHPian

Hmm!!

So before the heavenly skoda landed on our soil, we didn't have the so called "enthusiasts" car!!! Then what would you call the likes of the Esteem, Lancer, Baleno,City Vtec etc..

Also, one thing which I fail to understand! At first its called a white elephant, a whole bunch of mechanical problems, crappy service and even crappier customer service, notes of "they" treating "us" like crap and no respect for the indian customer and then we say.. we still like them!!!

Phoren!! item!! plus that status symbol!! I guess!! could be the reason. I guess we Indians dont consider VFM, we are so deeply engrossed in showing our "status" to the society that we dont care about anything else..That's the prime reason why all the crappy rejected stuff is passed onto us! (Please do not get me wrong! Not trying to vindicate any skoda owner here..)

Anyway! doesn't bother me!! its a open forum and a free nation! people have the right to say and feel whatever they want. I just said what I felt!

Just to clarify further, before the bashing starts! I don't own a Skoda nor do I ever intend too!! plus I am not a skoda hater or anything.. Just another guy who simply fails to understand our rather complicated relation with skoda!!

With all the nice informative threads on tbhp itself relating to the so called good enthusiatic cars that Skoda has adorned us with and the amount of issues it has! Thank god! I didn't buy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
We like their cars. We don't like their business practices. *shrug* I don't see why it can't stay - after all, it is the first proper, affordable (coming out of the showroom, at least), enthusiast's car in India.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 5th April 2009 at 17:19.
Old 5th April 2009, 17:54   #1022
evo
BHPian

I know that this is totally OT, but I do want a make a point here. However, I respect what people think and have no intention of setting off a debate into this.

Mods, please feel free to edit/remove as deemed fit.

German/Czek

Whatever! I dont even know how that matters in this world of crazy platform sharing. The SEAT cars are the same as VW`s and so are Skodas. Spanish,German,Czek or all German?

In that way all the Chevrolets in India are Korean and not American, except the Forester which was Jap.

Will the Pininfarina designed Tata Prima with a Multijet be an Italian car?

Is the Renault derived Winger French?

It doesnt matter
, what matters is Service quality and whether the company takes care of its customers.

IMHO if you ask a random sample of people from around the world to choose between Indian Cars and Italian Cars on reliability, they`d choose Italian, but Fiat had to go hand in hand with TATA to try and regain their credibility.

So it can hardly be generalized into nationality based stuff.

A brand selling a car (no matter from where) has to take ownership of what its dealers and it`s so called customer service reps do. Period.
Old 5th April 2009, 18:23   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
I have also included references to this thread in the Wikipedia article about Skoda Auto: Ĺ*koda Auto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brilliant, so far one of the best actions done from our side on this regard. Can we add a more details in wikipedia under a sub header like controversies/customer service ?
Old 5th April 2009, 18:32   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
So my list of actuall sales that have not gone to Skoda even after the way my car is now is upto 7. So imagine, had Skoda been good to me and my car, they had seven confirmed sales. Confirmed. But sadly, its the other way round.

In a nutshell, Skoda has still not realised that one by one they are losing potential customers and the word of mouth around a lot of towns is spreading like wild fire that Skodas cars are an absolute waste of money. ANd people are actually shying away from them. I have shared my case with Renuka Kripalani, I'm sure all of us know who she is and her words were that I should approach the consumer courts. However, I am strictly against that because I will hit Skoda hard with demarketing their products only because of the companys attitude and very poor after sales service.
Sir why are you against approaching the consumer courts? I am amazed as to why you are worried about your case hitting Skoda hard. That is exactly what you should look for. In the end the company is only responsible for its After Sales Service. The dealer is part of Skoda itself and is basically the face of the company.

And we have clearly seen how much Skoda cares for its customers. They just sell a car to you. After you buy it, its your problem and you shouldn't bother them unless you are ready to pay for hit and trial methods on your beloved car.
Old 5th April 2009, 18:45   #1025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Acura RSX Type S

Even despite the awesome of some japanese cars, german cars do have something about them that really makes them feel really truly unique.
I have driven the Acura Integra variants and yes this car is an exception for Honda (along with a few others). Similarly the Datsun/Nissan Z class (260, 280, 300,...) were also fun to drive but a bit wiggly in the wet (not as wiggly as a Z28 though) on twisting turning pathways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Ok guys, I was just wondering, is there any constructive next step that we can take?
This should be the primary focus of this thread. Lets stick to what we can do to help Skoda fix this serivce/cost of parts problem - that is if Skdoa is willing to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Skoda is a German car ??
Yes just like Opel is not American but German too.

Quote:
created by engineers at engineering facilities in Germany.
exactly. It is the source of design that determines the 'nationality' of the car.

Is the Verna Indian or Korean? Is the Swift Jap or Indian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Can we call LR and Jaguar as Indian cars now?
Nope only the owners of JLR are indian.

Quote:
In the case of the Skoda, all of that is shared with cars that were designed, engineered and developed in Germany and are accepted as german cars.
Did not the Audi TT and vRS share the same basic engine in 2 different tuning configurations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Whatever! I dont even know how that matters in this world of crazy platform sharing. It doesnt matter, what matters is Service quality and whether the company takes care of its customers. A brand selling a car (no matter from where) has to take ownership of what its dealers and it`s so called customer service reps do. Period.
Exactly. Lets discuss what Skoda should do to improve it's service and viability to the Indian customer. As of this time, Skdoa's cost of parts and poor service do not make Indian Skoda's a viable proposition.
Old 5th April 2009, 18:49   #1026
BHPian

the link on wikipedia is too good for this cause

Ĺ*koda Auto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 5th April 2009, 20:30   #1027
BHPian

One small step for Man, one giant step for Mankind...

Whoa! Awesome. This is really great that Team-bhp's stand has been vindicated. Kudo's. A good start to a long battle ahead.
Old 5th April 2009, 20:45   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod's note: Gents, lets please continue to focus on the original message of this thread - Skoda India's unacceptable attitude towards the truth and the Indian buyers' ownership experience, and NOT any tangential topics. We want to ensure this thread continues to drive home the point to Skoda India. Thank you.

Last edited by theMAG : 5th April 2009 at 20:46.
Old 5th April 2009, 20:55   #1029
BHPian

Dear All,

Let us all join hands & promise ourselves not to buy any Skoda Car & not let any friends or relative buy one too.
well i was making my self ready for a fadia which just just went out of my Window, thanks for this lovely Eye opener Thread & Thanks to Skoda for showing your true self.
btw, going to court for an Auto company is already as damaging as losing the case.
Skoda could have had been more reasonable!
Old 5th April 2009, 21:00   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
....continues to drive home ...
Sorry, cannot continue the drive; the timing belt just broke (as Navin said)!

If Skoda haven't got it yet, they aren't likely to. Not through this medium.
They need to see their sales fall to unsustainable levels in India. That is about the only language they know!
Old 5th April 2009, 21:35   #1031
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hmm!!

So before the heavenly skoda landed on our soil, we didn't have the so called "enthusiasts" car!!! Then what would you call the likes of the Esteem, Lancer, Baleno,City Vtec etc..

Also, one thing which I fail to understand! At first its called a white elephant, a whole bunch of mechanical problems, crappy service and even crappier customer service, notes of "they" treating "us" like crap and no respect for the indian customer and then we say.. we still like them!!!

Phoren!! item!! plus that status symbol!! I guess!! could be the reason. I guess we Indians dont consider VFM, we are so deeply engrossed in showing our "status" to the society that we dont care about anything else..That's the prime reason why all the crappy rejected stuff is passed onto us! (Please do not get me wrong! Not trying to vindicate any skoda owner here..)

Anyway! doesn't bother me!! its a open forum and a free nation! people have the right to say and feel whatever they want. I just said what I felt!

Just to clarify further, before the bashing starts! I don't own a Skoda nor do I ever intend too!! plus I am not a skoda hater or anything.. Just another guy who simply fails to understand our rather complicated relation with skoda!!

With all the nice informative threads on tbhp itself relating to the so called good enthusiatic cars that Skoda has adorned us with and the amount of issues it has! Thank god! I didn't buy one!
Agreed.
Few years back when Skoda started ops in India, I heard from an auto-industry expert that allmost all their dealers have started dealerships from rented premises unlike a typical car dealership with huge investments. the skoda dealership image that time was not that great. if need be, a skoda dealer can close shop overnight (that little was what his stake). also heard skoda cars were considered to be 'assembled" cars in india.

Years gone by, now I remember how those comments were apt after reading Skoda's horror stories.

Immortalz - I do not agree. Skoda can't stay. See, its not a question of capability but a question of Intent. Horror cases keep on coming & Skoda's responses to customers are awfull to say the least. I have not seen a single company washing off its hands saying the customer that the issue is between dealer & you. I've also not seen any company putting blame on customer when customer complains (it always happens that the company soothes or calms down an irated customer - here Skoda adds flame to the fuel). And horribly it starts from Skoda International washing its hands off Skoda India which naturally doesn't feel accountable for its dealers & dealers don't feel accountable to customers. Its coming Top-to-Down & thats the worry.

They can't stay back. Period. And for that to happen, the future unsuspecting customers are to be saved from this misery.

I'm feeling frustated as am not able to contribute much to the above cause, do not have prescence on social networking sites nor active on other forums except for tbhp. But would like to contribute any which ways I can to save future unsuspecting customers. If anyone knows a way, pls PM me
Old 5th April 2009, 21:50   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post

If Skoda haven't got it yet, they aren't likely to. Not through this medium.
They need to see their sales fall to unsustainable levels in India. That is about the only language they know!
I couldn't agree more! If Skoda decides to use the Ostrich strategy, to this thread, it could only hurt it - But indirectly!

I hope the sales falls after people read this thread and wisely decide not to buy a Skoda till the company decides to amend its ways.

However, I should also agree with some of the earlier posts that such behavior could be localised to some cities / dealers - I haven't seen any Skoda owner from Chennai complaining yet (or did I miss something?)
Old 5th April 2009, 21:55   #1033
BHPian

Being dishonest to make an easy buck is practised as fashion by many in India in many vocations. Some of the employees of Skoda India and its dealers are also following this trait. The immediate incentive seems to be the huge cost of spares of Skoda automobiles.

For a moment assume that Europeans/Germans are superior as human beings and better followers of business ethics than Asians/Indians. In that case, in the light of Harishgate, Skoda must

1. Own up their mistake immediately and compensate Harish and apologise to the TBHP community

2. Bring down spare prices to acceptable levels (should be possible because taxi operators over there are definitely not paying through their noses to maintain those cars).
Old 5th April 2009, 22:23   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Just another guy who simply fails to understand our rather complicated relation with skoda!!

With all the nice informative threads on tbhp itself relating to the so called good enthusiatic cars that Skoda has adorned us with and the amount of issues it has!
@ ssjr: With all due respect to your opinion here, I could perhaps describe your viewpoint in one word: SOLIPSISM.
Old 5th April 2009, 22:28   #1035
BANNED

you know, this post by Maverick has put a mischevious idea in my head. maybe Ill get pulled up again for a personal attack - happens a lot these days - but I dont care.

when Srinivas Sudhir wrote that email, he double quoted SERVICE. Im sure he must have imaginarily double quoted every line of that email. heres an attempt to fill in the double quotes...

We at Škoda, constantly endeavour to bring to our customers the latest technological innovations in our products and services.
"oh yes we do. our scrap heap is full of innovation. very innovative. thats right, we are too innovative for our own good."

Our customers expect a lot from Škoda cars.
"they also expect a lot from the Government. we follow in the Governments footsteps."

and I am proud to say that we have been able to exceed expectations in both terms of our technology and our Services.
"oh yeah!! just one word shifted and a whole new meaning!! lets see who catches this one. maybe Ill offer him a free service.
and I am proud to say that we have been able to exceed our[-] expectations in both terms of our[+] technology and our[]+ Services."

On the technology front, our state-of-the-art Pumpe Duse"bag" diesel engines are highly acclaimed for their performance and economy. Advance safety technology such as ESP "Extensive Stupidity Program", TPM "Total Parts Mismanagement", and head airbags are still unique to our cars in their segment.
"we have made sure that you cant even bang your head anywhere. so you better not be frustrated else you shall receive a nice punch in the face."

On the service front, we are ranked No 4 in the JD Power Satisfaction Survey in the year 2008 which would not have been possible unless we have in place the best Customer care initiatives.
"oh yeah we have them in place. in our innovation station. yes!! the scrap heap."

Various up to date trainings are being rendered to the dealership personnel at every stage of our operations.
"we teach them 'Badmouth Customer 101', 'Ridicule Potential Customer 202', 'Flush Non-Customer Down Our Toilet 303', 'Swap Parts 404' and many many more. just watch."

You may note that Skoda was escalated from its erstwhile Rank 7 in 2007 to the current Rank 4 for customer Service. We are keenly strategizing ourselves to top the list in the years to come.
"yes. we are trying to replace their panel of judges with monkeys. we are still training them to simultaneously hit that Rank 1 button. in the meantime, all we could manage was school kids. damn them! they know about Skoda too!!"

On the general foot you may note that the Service intervals for our cars are 10,000 kms which is the best in its class, when compared to the service intervals of 5000-7000 kms of other brands.
"... and under that general foot, we have the customers themselves. ha ha ha."

Nevertheless whatever you have read on team-bhp is purely an exceptional case which is Sub-judice before the Hon’ble State Commission, Mumbai
"its exceptional alright. most customers just take their free stuff and leave. gotta LOVE this judicial system though. takes care of those exceptional pains in the butt."

We hope we have been able to respond to most of your concerns.
If you have any further concerns do write to us
"like we care. we are just trying get some typing practice and occasionally to see if our auto-responder works well. you see, we are obsessed with quality."

Glad to be of your “Service”. Good day.

yeah good day Sudhir, just know this that by burying your head in the sand or any place else for that matter, you lose sight of the foot that comes to kick your posterior. maybe a few little kicks wont budge you but there will be a nice big Van Damme style spin kick. or one like just you wait.

Last edited by blacmagic : 5th April 2009 at 22:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks