Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 15:54   #1066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
Hey all,

Got an SMS from +912402475999

For a pleasant & cool drive this summer get your Skoda car checked at no cost from 30th March to 11th April. Call your Skoda dealership for an appointment. T&C.

Is this another attempt from Skoda to take parts from our cars ?

check up is free, but after that, they will definitely say to each skoda owner: There are few parts damaged, need to replace / need service.

Looking like another gimmick to earn the 17% lost business.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:29   #1068
BHPian

Looks like the mysterious one-line comment poster SkodaIndia has been editing out Skoda Auto's criticism section put in place by BHPians.

Guys, please keep a watch on the Wikipedia page about Skoda Auto and in case they delete the criticism section again, feel free to undo the change. Ĺ*koda Auto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

User SkodaIndia has already been warned by one of Wikipedia's veteran editor about his/her "disruptive" edits: User talk:Skodaindia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yet another friendly reminder to Digg this thread: Skoda Auto sucks - threatens users describing their service
Old 6th April 2009, 17:21   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Imagine being chased by this car
FileSC00255.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

at first it seems to catch up with then it's timing belt snaps he he he ok it is a poor joke but I could not help it. Old age is also known as a second childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post

Thats a cracking one Navin!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Oh my my my...

I just saw a Skoda Octavia towed by an Indica today.

There was no external damage to the car. Must be something related to timing belt.

I'll post the pic later.
Timing Belt problem eh ?

Old 6th April 2009, 17:25   #1070
BANNED

it looks like people in Skoda India are quaking in their boots.
they are actively trying to contain fallout from the Harish incident, the most recent example being this:
Skoda Auto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so lets see: we have 'Skoda Corporate' threatening people with instigation, checking this forum almost everyday but not bothering to respond, CarWale prohibited from carrying a link to this thread, newspapers and magazines being persuaded not to mention anything about Skoda's service and canned responses posted on independent blogs and aggregators.

would it not be much simpler to call up Harish and return his car?
Harish, this is what I call maximum bang, maximum buck. you are getting your money's worth for what you paid Skoda. you have successfully managed to kick off a campaign that has one of the world's biggest companies ducking for cover.

no matter what, I will NOT let that Wikipedia entry be sanitized. so Skoda, instigate me if you will.

Last edited by blacmagic : 6th April 2009 at 17:34.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:28   #1071
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
If that page didn't exist a week ago, well, you just brought a smile to my face. I hope this is indicative of some new customer service processes being rolled out. Of course, the real test is when they actually start solving problems submitted via that form (if at all). Lets wait and watch. We have enough Skoda owners amongst us to gauge the effectiveness - or lack of - for this complaint's page.

Again : WAKE UP, SKODA!

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2009 at 17:30.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:54   #1072
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If that page didn't exist a week ago, well, you just brought a smile to my face.
+1 to that.
The move to add this thread on wikipedia was good, whoever did that, and as usual, internet challenged "SkodaIndia" has blundered again.
This is likely the same person as skodacorporate on teambhp. Why dont Skoda just get rid of this person from their payroll before this individual inflicts more damage on his/her own company?

If more tbhpians Digg up this thread Skoda Auto sucks - threatens users describing their service, that would help further in turning up the heat on these crooks.

Old 6th April 2009, 17:56   #1073
Senior - BHPian

@harishv,

this is a friggin revelation. i always thought that vw was a clean company.

Had huge respect for them. Always thought it was a huge but a clean company.

is this the dirty underbelly they wanted to hide. Many this thread is throwing up surprises and how.

Thanks to harish.

Cheers,
AC
Old 6th April 2009, 18:03   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda India - did you really want this ? Would it have hurt you so much to have taken care of your customers well as a culture rather than now trying to execute one knee-jerk reaction after another - very unlike a corporate and very like a kid ?
Old 6th April 2009, 18:23   #1075
Senior - BHPian

[quote=abhibh;1248606]Timing Belt problem eh ?

Ha ha ha ha.. Couldn't just stop laughing loud man.. What a catch picture this one is...
Old 6th April 2009, 18:23   #1076
Senior - BHPian

i see another edit war coming on the skoda auto page

1. I'm not sure forum posts meet the notablity criteria for wikipedia. Gather all the links and articles from the published media as you can, and link to them instead of the team bhp threads

2. find out who took the pic that's posted there. They should be able to declare there that they have taken the pictures and grant copyright for the same.

3. keep a watchful eye. skodaindia and their other proxies will try to edit the article again. thankfully wikipedia admins should support us, but they will go only by the rules, so make sure we have enough ammo through #1
Old 6th April 2009, 18:42   #1077
BANNED

Greenhorn, you speak the truth. there is definitely an edit war on the cards.
to make things more acceptable, I changed the general tone of the article by removing adjectives like 'shoddy', so the neutrality of the article should be beyond question.

however, Skoda made a hash of it by stupidly trying to edit its page using a handle that screamed SKODA.
that incident alone is enough to prove that Skoda has a vested interest in this issue. it will make a very strong argument.

lets see if somebody comes forward with the opinion that this forum is not notable. because that would make almost everything on any website non-notable.
it will take somebody well versed with Wikipedia to raise that argument and looking at the mistake Skoda has made, Im sure they dont have the first idea what 'notability' really is. unless of course Meghna is reading this post and reporting to her superiors.

the picture isnt copyrighted and nobody can trace its origins. anybody with a camera could have taken that picture. if anything, the owner of that car should be traced. until then, AjayR is the owner of that picture. but its going to be a real eyesore for Skoda Im sure.

this is purely a hunch, but Im pretty darn sure Skoda India does not want its higher ups at VAG reading this and is doing its best to make sure nothing gets out of hand. Im certain VAG has a PR department smart enough to handle this sort of information, but I dont see them anywhere yet.

Last edited by blacmagic : 6th April 2009 at 18:50.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:50   #1078
BHPian

Just a thought...

After this incident, why are we still carrying the red “Skoda Octavia” image on the top right banner of the forum?

Should it not be replaced by better car from a better manufacturer?
Old 6th April 2009, 18:56   #1079
BANNED

... an interesting bit of info from Skoda's Wikipedia page. how they managed to improve their image in Europe by tackling the problem head on; quite unlike Skoda India who is busy denying that a problem even exists.
maybe they should read their own Wikipedia page more carefully.

Quote:
The perception of Škoda in Western Europe has changed completely.[4] As technical development progressed and attractive new models were brought to market, Škoda's image was initially slow to improve. In the UK, a major turnabout was achieved with the ironic "It is a Škoda, honest" campaign, which was started in the early 2000s. In a 2003 advertisement on British television, a new employee on the production line is fitting Škoda badges on the car bonnets. When some attractive looking cars come along he stands back, not fitting the badge, since they look so good they cannot be Škodas.[5] This market campaign worked by confronting Škoda's image problem head-on — a tactic which marketing professionals regard as high risk. Before the advertising campaign, it was common to hear tour guides in Bratislava making jokes about the Skoda, saying "How do you double the value of a Skoda? Fill up the gas tank!" If the Fabia and Octavia had been anything less than excellent cars, the campaign might have backfired badly. By 2005, Škoda was selling over 30,000 cars a year in the UK, a market share of over 1%. For the first time in its UK history, a waiting list developed for deliveries by Škoda. Škoda owners in the UK have consistently ranked the brand at or near the top of the J.D. Power customer satisfaction survey during the 2000s.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:56   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
@harishv,

this is a friggin revelation. i always thought that vw was a clean company.

Had huge respect for them. Always thought it was a huge but a clean company.

is this the dirty underbelly they wanted to hide. Many this thread is throwing up surprises and how.

Thanks to harish.

Cheers,
AC
hey man are you serious VW a clean company?
some time back the top management in VW were arrested for bribery and fraud see the below links

VW Scandal Engulfs Schroder Ally, Threatening Chancellor - Business - redOrbit

VW Scandal Could Be Blow to Government - Los Angeles Times

BBC NEWS | Business | VW scandal probe to cost 5m euros

BBC NEWS | Business | VW scandal claims Schroeder ally

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks