Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 20:22   #1216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
views? suggestions? did I say something wrong / miss something out?
I think you have said everything beautifully. Keep it up. You can also mention that harish's case is not a one off case, there have been numerous threads before harish's case describing the poor aftersales of skoda, which costs a lot.

About the objection part, let GTO respond to that.
Old 8th April 2009, 20:26   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Says 16V for a V6.
May be some new customer friendly initiative from Skoda side.
2valves(and may be 1 wheel/1 door) factory removed!

Old 8th April 2009, 20:30   #1218
BANNED

2 valves [constant] = 2 : A
66% chance of the valves not being stolen at the service center = 66/100 = 0.66: B

A + B = 2 + 0.66 = 2.66
Old 8th April 2009, 21:53   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
66% chance of the valves not being stolen at the service center = 66/100 = 0.66: B

A + B = 2 + 0.66 = 2.66
that is a hilarious calculation
Old 8th April 2009, 22:01   #1220
BHPian

Great, strong and firm reply GTO.
Old 8th April 2009, 23:13   #1221
BANNED

somebody on the Wikipedia talk page thinks that the criticism section is not Wikiworthy [wow! a new word!!] because he hasnt heard any such things about Skoda.
Im sure he hasnt heard about 2.66 valves per cylinder either. lets see how he likes that.

Quote:
Looks like one man protest against Skoda? I would remove the whole section... --Typ932 T·C 18:15, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
Typ932, you really should click on those links provided and read them through before concluding that it's a one man protest. I do NOT own a Skoda but regularly see extensive criticism being levelled on Skoda and their callous response; both on the internet and in person.Blacwiki (talk) 14:06, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
Where do you live? I havent heard anything like this about Skoda and Im not sure if this is really Wikipedia stuff at all --Typ932 T·C 16:44, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
I live in India. you should really read completely through everything and then form opinions. but since it's obvious you haven't been doing that, here[Indian Consumer Complaints Forum | skoda] is a link that details the woes of Skoda India customers. and this is just one site. let me know once you are done reading through it and I'll give you more horror stories to read. if this is not Wikipedia material, I'd be enlightened if you let me know what is. 2.66 valves per cylinder [Skoda:: Facts] maybe? Blacwiki (talk) 17:29, 8 April 2009 (UTC)

Last edited by blacmagic : 8th April 2009 at 23:24.
Old 8th April 2009, 23:16   #1222
BHPian

LOL!!!

awesome equation!!

Quote:

A + B = 2 + 0.66 = 2.66
Old 8th April 2009, 23:20   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
umm... guys? hate to interrupt on the hearty laugh about 2.66 valves per cylinder but it looks like the Wiki article is heating up a little.
Talk:Ĺ*koda Auto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
views? suggestions? did I say something wrong / miss something out?
GTO, any objections on the screenshots being on my server or me divulging private information?
I guess what is missing is a sub-section for "India" in the "Criticism" section. For example see Criticism of Coca-Cola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Based on the responses received by various complainants from Skoda in the Czech republic and Volkswagen Germany, we can see that Skoda's callous attitude in India has origins there. It wouldn't be surprising if owners of Skoda vehicles in other countries are facing the same problems too. If so, we should document that on wikipedia as well.

By the way, I feel that we should not be defensive of team-bhp on wikipedia as you have done a good job by referencing articles published by established media outlets in addition to the customer testimonials from team-bhp.

My two cents...
Old 8th April 2009, 23:36   #1224
Senior - BHPian

blacmagic, try to keep a level head and an NPOV while responding. the dig about the 2.66 valves at the talk page is totally unwarranted
Old 8th April 2009, 23:45   #1225
BANNED

the guy doesnt read dude. just talks. needed to get him to read.
also to show him the carelessness exercised by Skoda in India.

Last edited by blacmagic : 8th April 2009 at 23:48.
Old 9th April 2009, 00:00   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the guy doesnt read dude. just talks. needed to get him to read.
also to show him the carelessness exercised by Skoda in India.
you are not out to convince him. You need to change your strategy. because he acts cocky doesnt mean you should too. in the meantime, I've posted something there as well
Old 9th April 2009, 00:25   #1227
BANNED

got it Greenhorn. nice one. that should keep him quiet for a while. from now, Ill reply coolly only to only those who matter. would be nice if you could keep chipping in as well.
Old 9th April 2009, 03:23   #1228
Senior - BHPian

J.d.power

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/Medi.../22_Aug_07.pdf

Mr. Karsten Bogun, MD (Commercial)
]ŠkodaIndia said, “Today we feel extremely proud to reach

the top ranking of JD Power SSI study. The Indian automobile industry is witnessing a boom and the
market has become very competitive where the customer is the king. Our endeavor has always been to
fulfill customers’ expectations and for this we have set high dealer sales standards. We are thankful to
our dealers across India for their continued support in this endeavour. This validation by the J.D Power Asia Pacific India SSI Report is a testament to our success. After all only the best we can do is good enough for our customers.

Well,its quite an old report,but this is what i found in the press release of Skoda India.
I wonder how skoda can top j.d.power sales satisfaction survey depite providing such a horriying customer assistance,or the lack of any assistance that is.

Further, I am quite surprised how skoda could had managed to top the survey and be a match for hyundais and marutis in terms of sales satisfaction.
Or is it that all the blunders skoda has created are of recent times and do not date back to early 2007 when skoda bagged the award?

I for one,sense something hanky-phanky with this press release as well. Further if read the words of the above mentioned gentleman,he is praising the dealers and is thankful to them for their support.Well,now what kind of support is he exactly talking about?

Has he tied up with the dealers to put used/fake parts in the cars and rip off the genuine to send them back to aurangabad so that they may be used to manufacture another car? well,this theory of mine is surely stupid,but with skoda,,you never know.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 9th April 2009 at 03:31. Reason: addition of few lines
Old 9th April 2009, 04:22   #1229
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if anybody checked this out.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/Publ...super_icon.pdf
Old 9th April 2009, 06:48   #1230
BHPian

dont know if its of any help but i started a thread with links to both team bhp threads on briskoda

skoda auto india and its service centers - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks