Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 12:13   #1336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
One trick up our sleeves for servicing post warranty is to visit your friendly VW dealer expecially if you have a Laura or new Superb. As in our surveys, VW service is not bad - the Laura and Superb are Jetta and Passat under the skin. Hence we have options. In the UK , a lot of VW and Audi;s go to Skoda dealers for service due to better service (mainly family owned concerns)
Do dealers routinely agree to service cars of other brands, even if they belong to the same parent group?

So a Matiz owner could get his car serviced at a Chevrolet service centre, as an old-model Spark?
Old 13th April 2009, 12:37   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Do dealers routinely agree to service cars of other brands, even if they belong to the same parent group?

So a Matiz owner could get his car serviced at a Chevrolet service centre, as an old-model Spark?
What is stopping them ?

Chevy said they would support Matiz servicig but in actual fact, one is better of going to a Maruti dealer as a lot of the components are suzuki derived
Old 13th April 2009, 13:03   #1338
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great tip, Ajit! VW dealers have been receiving far better reviews than their Skoda counterparts. Why wouldn't they service Skodas? The parts are the same and it's a new revenue stream for them as well. Heck, they could do with some more activity over a regular working day, if VW sales are anything to go by.

Why don't you Skoda owners start a new thread with *recommended* Skoda service centres (guys like JMD etc. who have good reviews). This will surely be a life-saver for existing Skoda owners in pointing out safe options where they can service / maintain their cars.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:33   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely agreed. This is a classic text-book case of a Lose-Lose situation (versus a win-win which a smart corporate would work toward). Atleast with its paying customers!
I completely second that, we guys sitting here can understand this why can't the supposed 'smart alecs' understand this.

Agreed that they fired the dealership, but still the customer does not have what he wanted.

Just give the guy a new car and get over with it.

It is a fact that during the launch of a new car, atleast 15 cars are 'given' to auto journalists to test / write about the car. When they can just 'give' 15 cars to journos, why can't they just replace the guys car.

Cummon skoda you have enough blood on your hands, just get this over with,

Cheers,
ac
Old 13th April 2009, 13:38   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Cummon skoda you have enough blood on your hands, just get this over with,
By committing corporate suicide is one way, LOL!
Though we are hoping for something a bit more elegant!
Old 13th April 2009, 13:45   #1341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I agree. I have been happy with Vinayak

Will I buy a Skoda again ? The answer is not no but maybe - depending on how reliable the next few models are! One trick up our sleeves for servicing post warranty is to visit your friendly VW dealer expecially if you have a Laura or new Superb.
Is this becuase of one particular person at Vinayak or the organisation as a whole.

After my experience with Autobahn (and discussions with Sideways) I concluded that
1. while Skoda was not entirely wrong in their diagnosis
2. the cost of their parts is very high and the longevity of the same is suspect and that their service is not of the quality that wins browine points. their service is the "just adequate" level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why don't you Skoda owners start a new thread with *recommended* Skoda service centres (guys like JMD etc. who have good reviews).
JMD good? was that not the same place where Harish found the Skoda rep trying to smuggle the parts out?
Old 13th April 2009, 14:09   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
JMD good? was that not the same place where Harish found the Skoda rep trying to smuggle the parts out?
That was Nummer Eins, not JMD

Cheers,
Old 13th April 2009, 14:33   #1343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
That was Nummer Eins, not JMD

Cheers,
"Also, the night after the parts were replaced, Skoda official Yogesh Vaidya, tried to smuggle out the spurious parts removed from my car out of jmd showroom after it was shut and i had gone back home. Some one known to me at jmd called me up and informed me. I rushed to jmd to see the parts just about being loaded in a car. Guess whose car? Nummer Eins car. Can u imagine? The fake parts were being taken back to Nummer Eins under instructions of Karthik Ramesh. Car enthusiasts at team bhp - draw your own conclusion."
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1206153-post1.html
Old 13th April 2009, 15:29   #1344
BHPian

@ navin: You are right. Thanks for correcting!
Old 13th April 2009, 15:34   #1345
Team-BHP Support

JMD was forced to smuggle out the parts. Don't forget the car went to JMD later on and it was they who identified the car had spurious parts. Harish's contact in JMD confirmed that.

Finally the showroom is going to do what the manufacturer tells them. They are not going to be honest and defame their own manufacturer and risk getting into trouble themselves.

We had collected Ajmat's car from JMD vashi and they seemed to be pretty good. The overall experience was pretty good.

Also N_C has been there a few times and his experience has been positive.

I think compared to Autobahn they might be better as with N_C they showed some skills in diagnosis.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:57   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
JMD was forced to smuggle out the parts. Don't forget the car went to JMD later on and it was they who identified the car had spurious parts. Harish's contact in JMD confirmed that.

Finally the showroom is going to do what the manufacturer tells them. They are not going to be honest and defame their own manufacturer and risk getting into trouble themselves.

We had collected Ajmat's car from JMD vashi and they seemed to be pretty good. The overall experience was pretty good.

Also N_C has been there a few times and his experience has been positive.

I think compared to Autobahn they might be better as with N_C they showed some skills in diagnosis.
Vid - bang on target. Jmd is clean. They had to follow instructions. I understand that whatever they said in court was under compulsion
Old 13th April 2009, 16:05   #1347
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Vid - bang on target. Jmd is clean. They had to follow instructions. I understand that whatever they said in court was under compulsion
Yep JMD is overall quite good. they even can at times reach the Customer Delight Levels.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:26   #1348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
JMD was forced to smuggle out the parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Vid - bang on target. Jmd is clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep JMD is overall quite good.
Ok next time I'll try JMD and report.
Old 13th April 2009, 18:29   #1349
Senior - BHPian

3 days off T-BHP and I miss so much! Need an hour to read up! Any updates on the court case Harish?
Old 13th April 2009, 18:52   #1350
BHPian

I think thread has grown huge and it is better to pick few relevant post which higlights the problem so that person can get the conclusion before he quits reading it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks