Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 15:08   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There is a concept (Sale of Goods Act) in British law that something has to be fit for the purpose for which it is sold. I have no idea whether this is formulated in Indian law (someone tell, please?), but, in this case, Skoda seem to be trying to evade that basic responsibility.
Most of our laws are based on English Law, so yes there is a Sale of Goods Act, 1930.

However it is not the existance of the law that matters, but the implementation of the same. This is where the difference lies.

EDIT: Here's a copy, thanks to the Right Honourable Sir Google:

Laws 4 India - Sale of Goods Act, 1930 - Index
Old 16th April 2009, 15:32   #1397
BHPian

Steeroid:

This Laws - The Sale of Goods Act, 1930 site is better. It is free and unlike Laws4India does not need a subscription.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:42   #1398
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you, Steeroid and kingshukt
Old 16th April 2009, 18:09   #1399
BHPian

found one more dont know if it already exists.

http://www.complaint.customermath.co...ia_Petrol.html
Old 17th April 2009, 10:50   #1400
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cross-posting from the other thread as I think it is relevant here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Its not about just skoda settling with Harish and the issue will be resolved. Its not about just one person. Its about the overall A.S.S problem of skoda.
Said it like it is! Well-put. I cannot elaborate further at this point, yet will say that the process of formally communicating this to Skoda India has begun. Team-BHP intends to bring Skoda's immediate attention to their appaling (and lack of) customer service standards, shrugging off their responsibility from errant dealerships, exhorbitantly priced maintenance , across the board malpractices and the resultant discontent amongst a majority of Skoda owners.

Butttttttttttttttttttt what really matters is how they work out a solution to this problem (if at all). It's not like their customer service departments are oblivious to problems, it is a matter of coming up with concrete solutions. I will update with details in due time. Over to you, Skoda. We will be watching closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Moreover, in an economic downturn, this thread may not be the lone reason for people not buying a new car (let alone a Skoda).
The numbers one should look for is market-share, and how the segment has grown. Skoda's market share is tumbling, its based on pure statistics. Look up the Indian sales figures thread. It's not only Team-BHP talking about their miserable after-sales....it is the word on the street.

Quote:
I have serious doubts about people coming here and saying "I did not buy Skoda because of this thread" or "somebody I know has been successfully turned back from buying a Skoda by pointing him/her to this thread".
Team-BHP has been home to 624,000 unique visitors in the past 30 days alone. You will understand that this number is larger than any single automotive publication. Further, we need to realise that people come to us looking for information, 9 times out of 10 for automotive reviews / testdrives / advice / problem solutions etc.

Team-BHP is a consumer (customer) - driven forum. We will applaud those organisations that take care of their customers just as we will publicise the errant ones. Such a sensitive matter has far reaching consequences, especially in the long-term perspective. Understandably, no one can put an exact number to it, but Skoda has lost a lot of fans & potential customers due to their mismanagement of aftersales & harish's entire ordeal.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:05   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Said it like it is! Well-put. I cannot elaborate further at this point, yet will say that the process of formally communicating this to Skoda India has begun. Team-BHP intends to bring Skoda's immediate attention to their appaling (and lack of) customer service standards, shrugging off their responsibility from errant dealerships, exhorbitantly priced maintenance , across the board malpractices and the resultant discontent amongst a majority of Skoda owners.
@ GTO,

I think the right way to take it forward from here is to contact Skoda Formally and publish the facts. This will be more like a headsup to Skoda to clean up its act. If Skoda listens, they will be on their way to be a more established player in the ever growing car market of India.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:19   #1402
BANNED

Quote:
Team-BHP has been home to 624,000 unique visitors in the past 30 days alone. You will understand that this number is larger than any single automotive publication. Further, we need to realise that people come to us looking for information, 9 times out of 10 for automotive reviews / testdrives / advice / problem solutions etc.

Ah. That number - it is news for me.

So a question - when a thread shows "viewed 30 times", it means 30 individuals have seen it, and not that one person has visited that thread 30 times?

And to put things in perspective, I remember seeing a JD Power report that more people are turning to the internet for information on their vehicle purchasing decision.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:36   #1403
Senior - BHPian

OT: It seems a good idea to start a similar thread highlighting the plight of owners of GM cars also. While many would be happy with them, there would be many (incl. me) who start facing problems once the period (90 days) of Initial Quality Survey (IQS) is over.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:57   #1404
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
@ GTO,

I think the right way to take it forward from here is to contact Skoda Formally and publish the facts. This will be more like a headsup to Skoda to clean up its act. If Skoda listens, they will be on their way to be a more established player in the ever growing car market of India.
But, of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
So a question - when a thread shows "viewed 30 times", it means 30 individuals have seen it, and not that one person has visited that thread 30 times?
Nope, it could be the same person viewing it 30 times. Only the Mod team has access to the number of unique viewers per thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
OT: It seems a good idea to start a similar thread highlighting the plight of owners of GM cars also. While many would be happy with them, there would be many (incl. me) who start facing problems once the period (90 days) of Initial Quality Survey (IQS) is over.
Will do, though I might add the GM's after sales is like an angel compared to Skoda. Atleast for the majority of GM owners.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:05   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will do, though I might add the GM's after sales is like an angel compared to Skoda. Atleast for the majority of GM owners.
Again OT, could be, but not for me most of the time. They did deliver a clean car with no stickers!!! Two days back, my wife was stranded on the busy Vikas Marg East Delhi road in a Corsa with engine not starting even after a lot of cranking. Result: a lot of angry commuters hurling (you know what) at her. Not the first time this has happened with her or me, and that too with less than 40K done.

The relevant quote here is after sales of GM: my experience at British Motors (Triumph) from 2004-07: pay money as gratification to service advisor, and get parts at an effective cost of 50-60%!!! Otherwise get ready for non-availability of parts and general hassles. Considering that parts fault (window lifter not working, engine overheating, fan not working, etc) was common, this proved to be better.

Last edited by vasudeva : 17th April 2009 at 12:08.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:14   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only the Mod team has access to the number of unique viewers per thread.
OT, but out of curiousity, is 'unique' by tbhp handle and IP address (only IP address if not logged in) or only by IP address ?

Quote:
Like I mentioned in one of these 2 threads, it would be good to have a thread by each car manufacturer. Finally, one thread administered by mods, where summarized info on #problems, #resolutions and links to individual posts/threads can be provided ?
Old 17th April 2009, 12:30   #1407
BHPian

Quote:

what about fiat?

i think besides maruti (honda & toyota as well) no one in india really takes care of their customers...

(apologies): did you know about the old woman who bought a lexus? i read abt it long ago - the story goes;

this old woman buys a lexus... drives... drives... and then a couple of years or so later the engine siezes. she calls roadside assistance, they give her a replacement car and tow her car to the garage.

they call her the next day and ask her to come to the garage. They tell her that she has never changed the engine oil since her purchase so thats why it siezed. She asks them why no one ever told her about it.

lexus gives her a new car and made servicing etc their responsibility from that day on

why-o-why?!?? dont we deserve at least fairness when there are manfs like lexus?
Old 17th April 2009, 13:15   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Lexus is Toyota. Suddenly the story makes sense na?
Old 17th April 2009, 13:30   #1409
Distinguished - BHPian

That is a wonderful story, and points to a company with a heart --- and an eye for its reputation.

I doubt that many of us would expect any company to take responsibility for such an extreme level of ignorance in its customer, but it is great that they did
Old 17th April 2009, 13:54   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Lexus is Toyota. Suddenly the story makes sense na?
OT, but it's suddenly struck me that I can't recall a single instance on T-BHP where somebody has complained about Toyota service!

I'm not saying nobody's ever had problems with them, or talked about those problems here. Not at all. I'm only talking about reputation as perceived by me.

When I think of poor A.S.S. based on what I've read on T-BHP (in 3 months), only Tata, Fiat, and of course Skoda spring to mind!

Most Viewed