Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:24   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Update on my car with Skoda

The works manager calls me up and says that the yellow colour will remain on plastic parts and that the only way to get rid of it is to replace the plastic parts and that he wouldnt do it until I paid for it.

He again said that sanding the car properly would cause rust.
Well unless Skoda does something strange in their vehicle part design and manufacture, all plastic parts come black uncolored (like the non-body color versions on entry models of cars from Maruti etc). Affter that its painted in body colour. So, I don't understand this fuss about painting plastic parts in another colour ??

evo, sorry to hear that your bad experience with Skoda A.S.S. is continuing :-(
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:30   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*UPDATE*

The Senior management of Skoda came down to meet with three of Team-BHP's Moderators (GTO, Navin & Rehaan) in order to discuss the reported issues with Skoda’s after-sales service. ....

At the end of the day, Team-BHP and all the car manufacturers want the same thing : Satisfied customers. Though, Team-BHP is and will ALWAYS be, on the side of the customer.
Too much action while I was away; but absolutely delighted to hear the above development!

1. Clearly Mr Kuehl is concerned; though Skoda needs to walk the talk. They better do that because their sales are down a whopping 50% in this year. Their targets were low single digit growth (as quoted in newspapers) in 2009. They need sales to improve by more than double of last 3 months to get anywhere close!

Tells me there will be some offers soon (hopefully nothing else )

2. This shows the power of Team BHP and our collective will to get erring dealers / car makers be more customer oriented - hats off! I pray and hope Harish / Evo / Kapil get matters resolved post this

3. I think it Skoda has some tough choices to make. Its claimed "nummer eins" (no pun intended) position in C segment Diesel is now under threat, from Linea and VW. It's super hatch will face competition from another to be launched super hatch - the Polo, which will be far more heavily pushed than the Fabia, and the Grande Punto. Further its localisation is very low (about 5%) which means customers will have to pay more on excise / customs; further adverse currency changes will make what's bad even worse. They would want to ride on VW's localisation program; but that would mean they remain second to VW.

Skoda had set a target 50,000 units in 2008 (We are looking at sales of 50,000 units per annum by 2008 - Automonitor); during Imran Hassen days. They just about managed 32% of that target; meaning recovery of earlier investment with returns is yet to be achieved! Their 3 lakh car project will also face competition from UP!

Interesting days ahead. Let us see how many more dealers are appointed and how many shut down in the next 12 - 18 months!

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 23rd April 2009 at 16:41. Reason: Proper English
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:39   #1518
evo
BHPian

Skoda Nightmare continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
So, I don't understand this fuss about painting plastic parts in another colour ??

evo, sorry to hear that your bad experience with Skoda A.S.S. is continuing :-(
According to the gentleman, it seems that you cannot sand off paint from plastic parts. He said " Aap Standox se bhi pooch sakte hain"

Strange that they are still making excuses. I asked to see the car in its sanded condition before they put paint back on it.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:23   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
*UPDATE*

The Senior management of Skoda came down to meet with three of Team-BHP's Moderators (GTO, Navin & Rehaan) in order to discuss the reported issues with Skoda’s after-sales service. We were pleasantly surprised to see Mr. Thomas Kuehl (Member, Board of Directors, Skoda India), present for the meeting as well. Mr. Detlef Roemhild (GM, After Sales) - along with other members of the Skoda team were also present to hear what we had to say.
====================
At the end of the day, Team-BHP and all the car manufacturers want the same thing : Satisfied customers. Though, Team-BHP is and will ALWAYS be, on the side of the customer.
Good going GTO . Such an initiative will surely strengthen our position

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd April 2009 at 17:28. Reason: avoid quoting an entire large post
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:24   #1520
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Its claimed "nummer eins" (no pun intended) position in C segment Diesel is now under threat, from Linea and VW.
You forget Big Daddy Toyota coming up with a diesel Altis. One of the main reasons behind the Octy + Laura numbers is the diesel factor (unpopular Sonata CRDi being the only other option). When Toyota comes with it's Altis diesel, you can be sure it will be well accepted in the market.

Quote:
It's super hatch will face competition from another to be launched super hatch - the Polo, which will be far more heavily pushed than the Fabia, and the Grande Punto.
A super hatch with not so super sales. Honda Jazz coming in June to lap the 6.xx lakh hatch segment up.
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:12   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to the gentleman, it seems that you cannot sand off paint from plastic parts. He said " Aap Standox se bhi pooch sakte hain"
That doesn't make much sense to me. My Lancer GLXi initially had black plastic door handles and mirrors which I got the dealer to paint in body colour. In other words, if you scrape of the paint on your door mirror, it should show black plastic (I am assuming here its bad economics and engineering to created moulded plastic parts in 'n' body colors if Skoda has cars in 'n' colors). I don't see why this can't be repainted again in another colour since the factory anyway paints from black plastic to body color. Maybe, you can check with other A.S.S. like Maruti or from Skoda A.S.S. in another city about their claims ?

Quote:
Strange that they are still making excuses. I asked to see the car in its sanded condition before they put paint back on it.
That's very important given your experience with them before, I would say.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:18   #1522

Mr. Thomas Kuehl actually came? Oh my god - this has to be the first of its kind case in the history of Indian automobile.
By the way, this Skoda episode has also been responsible for me coming here. Its great to see TeamBhp working for a good cause rather than just running a forum. Cheers!
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:30   #1523
BHPian

just read GTO's post about the meeting. Its great and we hope its the first out of many steps towards Skoda restructuring their A.S.S
Old 24th April 2009, 11:28   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Skoda had set a target 50,000 units in 2008 (We are looking at sales of 50,000 units per annum by 2008 - Automonitor); during Imran Hassen days. They just about managed 32% of that target; meaning recovery of earlier investment with returns is yet to be achieved!
Oh c'mon... I dont buy this! They have been using spent dies from other locations (where the car model has been phased out) and have been milking a premium from Indian customers!
Old 24th April 2009, 12:18   #1525
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
just read GTO's post about the meeting. Its great and we hope its the first out of many steps towards Skoda restructuring their A.S.S
A significant step alright, but a small one. What really matters is how Skoda brings its after-sales - consistently & across the board - up to premium standards (the way that things are at the moment, up is really the only way they can go). It is an uphill task and, IMO, if they start today, it will be at the least 12 - 24 months before customers start enjoying the fruit of this exercise.

Walk the talk, Skoda. Walk the talk. We'll be watching closely.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:44   #1526
BANNED

Hm.... interesting story about scoda .... was considering a Fabia.... now backing Off.

The dealers sucks... and if the company wont take the initiative to sort out the problems .. no way u can survive here.......

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th April 2009 at 13:15. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th April 2009, 13:10   #1527
BHPian

Kudos to GTO and mods. This thread should have unnerved those fellows who conceal things and report to the mgmt.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:55   #1528
BHPian

Just saw GTO's update on the meeting with Skoda and I hope it helps in improving the ownership experiance for the skoda owners but keeping their history in mind, I say Skoda's still avoidable. Thats a pitty though cause their engines are mindblowing...
Old 24th April 2009, 14:08   #1529
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update on my car with Skoda

The works manager calls me up and says that the yellow colour will remain on plastic parts and that the only way to get rid of it is to replace the plastic parts and that he wouldnt do it until I paid for it.

He again said that sanding the car properly would cause rust.
What is he smoking?
9/10 bumpers are plastic (or fiber). Any road side shop and repaint a damaged bumper to the same colour or repaint it to any colour.

I have seen many examples on TBHP where interior parts have been repainted to suit the woner's fancy.

Evo, who at the dealership are you talking to? You are a paying customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Well unless Skoda does something strange in their vehicle part design and manufacture, all plastic parts come black uncolored
EXACTLY

Quote:
Walk the talk, Skoda. Walk the talk. We'll be watching closely.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:35   #1530
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What is he smoking?
9/10 bumpers are plastic (or fiber). Any road side shop and repaint a damaged bumper to the same colour or repaint it to any colour.

I have seen many examples on TBHP where interior parts have been repainted to suit the woner's fancy.

Evo, who at the dealership are you talking to? You are a paying customer.
I`m talking to this gentleman called Yogesh Chidimar. He is the works manager there.

The funny bit is that we`ve got other cars repainted also, and this whole plastic thing he says is just not true as far as I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks