Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 11:10   #1546
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
How long can it take (should it take) to at least make a start by addressing Harish's problem?
Same question from my side. I think they should have come to the table with a solution for harish's problem.

Was anybody from Skoda legal present at the meeting?
Old 25th April 2009, 12:10   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
At the end of the day, Team-BHP and all the car manufacturers want the same thing : Satisfied customers. Though, Team-BHP is and will ALWAYS be, on the side of the customer.

As a owner of a Skoda Fabia, I thank you GTO & Team-BHP team. Its a great car and you could feel the quality in every aspect. But the A.S.S provided by Skoda should not even match the service a commercial vehicle gets.

Also they don't have a proper helpline and roadside/breakdown assistance. The helpline number I have is a mobile number of a mechanic. I dont know when the mobile will be out of coverage or discontinued.

Last edited by MadRash : 25th April 2009 at 12:13.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:07   #1548
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How long can it take (should it take) to at least make a start by addressing Harish's problem?
Solid point! This is one of the the best short-term steps they can take (and something I highlit earlier as well) to show us that the meeting actually had some meaning. However, by no means should this be the ONLY step!
Old 25th April 2009, 18:28   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Starting with a high profile gesture like that would certainly do them no harm, though the long-term change is what counts.

Probably better if legal people weren't there; they are really great at inhibiting conversation!
Old 25th April 2009, 21:07   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
*UPDATE*

The Senior management of Skoda came down to meet with three of Team-BHP's Moderators (GTO, Navin & Rehaan) in order to discuss the reported issues with Skoda’s after-sales service.
Well Rush, let me congratulate you on this.I've been dormant on the forum since long and I see it has grown in size and muscle both. Big up!
Old 26th April 2009, 01:04   #1551
BHPian

common men get sweet pills & nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
Originally Posted by GTO
*UPDATE*

The Senior management of Skoda came down to meet with three of Team-BHP's Moderators (GTO, Navin & Rehaan) in order to discuss the reported issues with Skoda’s after-sales service.

Well, my personal experience (with a very large university & tracking of things in Indian ministries) tell me that it is practically too much to expects out of just one meeting.

Reasons:

> The very first reason that Skoda *** is allegedly pathetic as declared by so many customer virtually proves that how incompetent the Managers are Skoda India are in performing some aspects of their job. I am especially including those who came down to meet the team-bhp Mods. Secondly, even then I consider that meeting as their desire to supress the pain by providing a very sweet pills called "Hope" & "delay". These sweet pills are used by all politicians & corporate managers to deal with dissatisfaction without resolving anything.

What I expect ?:
Do whatever it takes to sue or bend skoda on it knees using all legal means or media and stand by the truth. Even now, there is no sight to justice for Harish and others in this forum.

And believe me, if so many members (including) cannot bring help to a person like harish ; I would just feel helpless as a common citizen who is a used for milking money by coporates in all sectors (including insurence companies, banks, property firms and now car manufacturers !)
Old 26th April 2009, 10:36   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosmart View Post
What I expect ?:
Do whatever it takes to sue or bend skoda on it knees using all legal means or media and stand by the truth. Even now, there is no sight to justice for Harish and others in this forum.
Neosmart, you echo the thoughts expressed in my post above.
Delayed is denied, right?

For someone that wields the authority it takes one signature to have a new car 'issued'!
That would be a logical first step to establish 'good faith'. It would in no way jeopardize or compromise matters that are sub-judice!

Clearly, it may safely be assumed, with the benefit of so much time having elapsed, that nothing has been achieved yet!

Further, this 'manoeuvre' by Skoda, of having held a meeting with T-BHP reps, ought to be understood for what it truly is/was!
Old 26th April 2009, 12:17   #1553
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Probably better if legal people weren't there; they are really great at inhibiting conversation!
I confirm that no legal representatives were present, from either side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosmart View Post
Well, my personal experience (with a very large university & tracking of things in Indian ministries) tell me that it is practically too much to expects out of just one meeting.
Quote:
Further, this 'manoeuvre' by Skoda, of having held a meeting with T-BHP reps, ought to be understood for what it truly is/was!
Honestly, some seniors of my family echo the exact statements that the two of you make. However, call us naive or whatever, but we do live for cars straight from the heart and are optimistic of change.

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

IF Skoda shows no willingness to mend its ways, NOTHING CHANGES:

1. Team-BHP will continue to highlit their disastrous after-sales service, where the customer is the only one who loses.

2. We will continue to fight for Harish's cause.

3. Skoda will continue to lose thousands of potential customers; customers who run in the opposite direction out of fear of being skinned by their lousy attitude. Do we really need that kind of crap after paying 10 lakh rupees of our own hard-earned money?

It is in their interest to take care of existing customers. If they don't, the market will have its say. C'mon, the market is fiercely competitive. And there are plenty of other reputable manufacturers who actually do go out of their way to care for their customers. The option list is long. And, we will be watching VERY closely.

Quote:
For someone that wields the authority it takes one signature to have a new car 'issued'!
That would be a logical first step to establish 'good faith'. It would in no way jeopardize or compromise matters that are sub-judice!
Said it like it is. Well put.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2009 at 12:20.
Old 26th April 2009, 12:34   #1554
BHPian

received a message from skoda corporate on team bhp few days back
re-apology for the behavior of their local service center staff
Old 26th April 2009, 13:47   #1555
BHPian

after reading the whole thing n the amount of threads in which skoda ownwers r facing such complaints i will never buy a skoda n i was confused myself weather to buy a skoda RS or a Civic but now i'll continue saving up for as Civic as my target.

Skoda has already degraded itself here @teambhp

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (r = are, dat = that, etc). Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th April 2009 at 21:42. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 26th April 2009, 16:45   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to share that I heavily pursuaded a friend against buying a Laura for sometime to come, showed him this thread. Am also infact thinking of selling my Octavia as well.
Old 26th April 2009, 17:57   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Well, Skoda we are still waiting to see you walk the talk.

BTW, it seems T-BHP classified section is having a long list of Skoda cars for sale which no one seems to be going for - Skoda, that should tell you t-bhpians are living upto their conviction of not tolerating bad / unreliable service and expensive maintenance ...
Old 26th April 2009, 20:18   #1558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Said it like it is. Well put.

This is something I have not been able to fathom.

10L (Euro 20,000) is really a very small ammount for Skoda India. This is all it takes to make Harish mobile again.
Old 26th April 2009, 20:49   #1559
BHPian

Must Appreciate GTO for taking up this cause.

I was seriously contemplating a FABIA a month back, seeing this thread have gone for an Ikon tdci. SKODA are you listening ???
Old 26th April 2009, 21:00   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Just read the update by GTO on April 20. I am having a very hectic schedule along with close ones health problems.

@GTO, Navin and Rehaan : Excellent job. You people actually spared time for representing the problems of Skoda owners, most of them you haven't met in person.
I am speechless by your actions. Its because of people like you that the Indian customer gets support and is happy.

I am glad to see that finally skoda woke up, but as Rehaan had put, action speaks louder than words. Lets wait and watch what they come up with. Apparently there is compelete lack of information flow towards the seniors in Skoda India. Japan is ahead becasue of information flow.

A small example I read in ACI. Once when they visited Toyota factory, a truck carrying some part had a puncture. This was displayed at the assembly line and all those working at that line were informed.

Skoda India must create this channel if it does not exist.
I hope they are able to sort out the matter at national level. This might take time and results might not be 100%, but a sincere attempt must be put forth.

Although I am not a Skoda owner, I thank and appreciate TBHP and the entire mod team.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks