Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 10:37   #1591
Distinguished - BHPian

pearl finish: just an additive to the base coat. metallic finish is also an additive in the base coat. clear-coat is just clear coat. i watched the mixing of colors to prepare base coat paint when I got my Laura black-magic refinished for some scratches,etc.

i am not sure if there are other exotic clear-coats but all the mainstream base coats follow this additive technique to get different finishes.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:08   #1592
BANNED

until this Evo's topic is given its separate thread,
Evo, I remember you using adjectives like 'crazy' and 'super expensive' to describe this lousy paintjob. how much exactly did you pay?
Old 28th April 2009, 11:18   #1593
BANNED

Folks. Sorry to interrupt you but I think we are totally off topic.

Mods please note.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:38   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I had this apprehension from beginning that Skoda management met TBHP mods to cool down the temper and mallow noise on web. I suspect they see this whole thing only as a PR issue and would have come down harshly on a single employee who posted here most probably as per instructions from higher ups. If they were serious they could have easily released Harish's car.

Any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Tomorrow we might ask Honda to pack up and go home. Who next? Toyota? Before you know it we'll be back to having the choice of a Maruti or Ambassador (now that PAL is defunct).
but how can you forget TATA Navin Ji , Reclaiming anything including warrenty and spare parts is quite easy with them .
Old 28th April 2009, 11:41   #1595
evo
BHPian

@everyone.

Thank you for your comments. You guys just seem to reinforce my feeling that the JIA chaps are trying to rip me off by the paint over hogwash. I`ll ask them for a written opinion on this.

Navin: Personally I would love to see Skoda atleast address the problems diffsoft, harish, evo etc.. are having. Evo have you contacted Skoda about this issue? After all JIA is a Skoda dealer. Right?

I`ll write to Skoda too.

On another note, I got a PM from SkodaCorporate asking for contact details since they "have read your(my) feedback on the Team BHP forum"

I sent it to them. Lets see how quick they are to react on this.

On yet another note, the Lug bolt or "security key" for the alloys cost Rs.1500 plus taxes! This was told to my driver by the security guard at JIA AUTO. Thank God, I havent lost mine.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:23   #1596
BANNED

freaking awesome! SkodaCorporate continues to passively read everything on the forum, try to settle everything hush hush and yet, lack the minimum courtesy to apologize for its incendiary statements.
I seriously think it is time to issue SkodaCorporate an warning that to be allowed to continue any activity on the forum, is HAS to reply in this thread, else face a ban.

latest update, besides PMing people, SkodaCorporate's car has been changed from "Hyundai and Manindra" to "Skoda"

Evo, do not be surprised if you find a legal notice at your doorstep once you give SkodaCorporate your address. speaking of which, doesnt the dealer have your address n his records? cant Skoda ask the dealer for the same? or is the dealer a renegade and Skoda powerless to control him?
Old 28th April 2009, 12:40   #1597
Senior - BHPian

awesome Indeed , Last visit of SkodaCorporate is today I am sure Skoda Corporate is seeing this response so few direct questions and a suggestion
Q1 : Is original Skoda Corporate ( Meghana) still there or you are some new guy / girl in the job ?

Q2 : was the change in car after reprimend from higher ups or you actually own a Skoda ?

Q3: How many Skoda Corporates have been there till date ?.

I think like Phantom ( creation of Lee Folk and Sie berry ) is recognized by his generation (21st Phantom or 22nd etc) but the secreat is not known to anyone except the Bantu tribals. It would be easier to put a number to each Skoda Corporate sorry but I was a big sucker for comics in my childhood so can't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post

latest update, besides PMing people, SkodaCorporate's car has been changed from "Hyundai and Manindra" to "Skoda"
Old 28th April 2009, 13:26   #1598
evo
BHPian

Quote:

Evo, do not be surprised if you find a legal notice at your doorstep once you give SkodaCorporate your address. speaking of which, doesnt the dealer have your address n his records? cant Skoda ask the dealer for the same? or is the dealer a renegade and Skoda powerless to control him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I think like Phantom ( creation of Lee Folk and Sie berry ) is recognized by his generation (21st Phantom or 22nd etc) but the secret is not known to anyone except the Bantu tribals.
Hehehe! Bantu tribals! Brilliant

More than legal notices, I`m hoping that they dont send me stupid marketing sms`s or emails, I had to haggle with JIA AUTO to remove my number from their stupid AC check up sms`s.

They are the eye in the sky, see everything, show nothing tra la la!
Old 28th April 2009, 13:41   #1599
BANNED

heh heh, Phantom was called "the ghost who walks".
SkodaCorporate should similarly be called "the ghost that talks"

Evo, even if tey dont have your mobile number, they got your car registered. they *must* have your address in their own registration records.
next thing SkodaCorporate might ask you: "Mr Deval, could you let us know what your name is?" the definition of unnecessary redundancy.
Old 28th April 2009, 13:47   #1600
BHPian

I am just glad they are really looking into these threads and doing something vs doing nothing. A little redundancy never hurt anyone if it got us some results. Lets hope something positive comes out of these enquiries made by skoda to fellow members
Old 28th April 2009, 14:41   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
freaking awesome! SkodaCorporate continues to passively read everything on the forum, try to settle everything hush hush and yet, lack the minimum courtesy to apologize for its incendiary statements.
I seriously think it is time to issue SkodaCorporate an warning that to be allowed to continue any activity on the forum, is HAS to reply in this thread, else face a ban.
I personally disagree. If SkodaCorporate is trying to help people on this forum I think it's great. I'd rather they continue doing that even if they don't ever post again. Just my 2 cents.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:44   #1602
BANNED

Cars, its good if they want to help people. all I am talking about is for SkodaCorporate to clarify its stance on the ill worded threat they issued and have the basic decency to reply to over a hundred pages of messages, questions, suggestions and expletives.
SC owes that much to the forum if it wants to continue participating in it.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:52   #1603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I personally disagree. If SkodaCorporate is trying to help people on this forum I think it's great. I'd rather they continue doing that even if they don't ever post again. Just my 2 cents.
Fair argument. But we need to hear from more members about the results of these actions. Only then can we assume that Skoda is working on a change.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:32   #1604
Senior - BHPian

The cases still running as usual and not much positive results coming from the people who were at the wrong end of the stick!!! Disgusting. I am keenly watching whats happening.

Please wake up!!! You know whom i am talking about

PS: Great initiatives taken up by the mods. Kudos for that
Old 28th April 2009, 20:20   #1605
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
In September 2008, the Hon. District Forum had ordered Skoda to bear the cost of repairs and release my car.

Skoda had appealed to the Hon. State Forum against the order.

Today, the Hon. State Forum set aside the order of the Hon. District Forum citing a technicality.

However, it directed the Hon. District Forum to dispose off the case within 90 days.

I continue to pay the EMI of Rs. 21,299/- for keeping my car in Skoda custody for the 14th month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
So, no change in Skoda's attitude to Harish, then.
I have to admit, if this episode doesn't bring Skoda India back on the right track, nothing will.

WAKE UP, SKODA! What on earth are you guys thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Agreed. It is just that I could not find Evo's thread. Evo has a thread on this right? I remember posting there unless it is just my senility kicking in.
@ EVO : Please continue the discussion relevant to your car in an existing thread (if created) or a new one.

Quote:
Personally I would love to see Skoda atleast address the problems diffsoft, harish, evo etc.. are having.
Navin, I think we have spelt it out a thousand times. Now, it's up to them (though the initial response is not encouraging).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks