Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 10:32   #1666
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Yes, from 1995 onwards, the Holden Astra was just a re-badged Opel Astra.
Nope Astra is not German. Infact the Daewoo and GM were in a joint colaboration and produced a car called the Opel (Cadet it think - dont remember the exact name right now) and then after the split (Daewoo again working independent of the technology colaboration two cars were spun out 1) The Opel Astra and 2) Guess what the Daweoo Cielo.

If you were to take the two cars and measure them from A piller to C Piller they were the same right to the mm, as well as in the case case of the interior dimensions.

Yes they did have a different appoach and one streched out the bonnet and Dickey to make for a larger car for the korean / Asian markets and the other made these compact for the europiean markets, but essentially there were / are the same car platform. Not german in any way. If at all one could call them American in terms of its origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
the ac of my dads skoda laura lost its cooling function and he took it to the local skoda auto service center (tafe access)on 2/5/09 they diagnosed that the problem is with the ac compressor which needs to be replaced. cost rs 50,000/- since the car is under warranty it will be done free of cost
they said they do not have the part in mangalore and they have to get it from bangalore now the manager is not receiving his phone when my dad calls and our car warranty expires on 12/5/09 i am apprehensive that they will wait for the warranty to expire and then charge us for it
i have sent an email to skoda corporate
below is the copy of the email
Though you have taken the preventive step (good for you) most likely you need not worry if the complaint was given before the due date.

In my case.

Had given the car with a Turbo charger & intercooler failure to JMD within warranty just 15 days before the warranty expired. These are major parts costing about 1.75L and they too about 17 days to be fitted. When this work was done and the car was still with the dealer they observed the DSG shift mechanism too had a fault. (26K part) i infomed them they the car was in their custody through the expiry of the warranty and they took another 5 days and got that too replaced under warranty. i go the car about 12 days after the warranty period had expired delivered home with about 2L of part changed at no cost. They even asked me to check out if I still had a doubt and check out for a day till they close the case as then i would be out of warranty.

The support was excellent. Mr. Dee was the GM at JMD then and he helped out quite a bit.
Old 5th May 2009, 10:42   #1667
Senior - BHPian

@ docapp,

do one thing. get the job card done for your car. get the diagnosis on papers from the dealer. speak some pleasing good words with the service advisor.

once the job card is done before the warranty expiry date they cannot deny the warranty legally.

so many problems with skoda cars? the engine falling apart was shocking. still people say its the quality that makes them buy skoda. whats the use of mileage when the parts fail so often within short span? and they cost a boom.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:23   #1668
evo
BHPian

Went to see my car today

I went to JIA AUTO to see my car today. Have attached the pics, looks like the car has been sanded and primered but I`m no expert.

The guy said that it would take apporximately another 5 days.

There is a gash on the rear right fender which they claim that "putty lagane se theek ho jayega"

The interiors were dusty and generally in a mess, but I`m assuming that they`ll atleast clean out the interiors when they give it to me.

Thats that, if anyone has any comments on the pictures, please let me know.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-skoda1.jpg  

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-skoda2jpg.jpg  

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-skoda3.jpg  

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-skoda4.jpg  

Old 5th May 2009, 11:38   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Evo, I'm horrified to see that the seatcovers have not been covered with plastic/polythene covers!
Bad work ethic!
Old 5th May 2009, 11:44   #1670
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
lets see how serious skoda auto india is on their promise to improve A.S.S
will update as further development happens
Long wait periods for parts has been a frequent complaint with Laura + Superb owners. I'm sure Skoda Corporate will solve this problem (especially now that you've posted it on the forum).

However, what we want - and has been explicitly communicated - is an enhanced level of support for ALL Skoda owners (not just TBHPians who post problems). I've yet to hear about any restructuring, new initiatives or even positive developments on Harish's case. How long does it take to act on a matter of the highest priority?

The clock is ticking and there is only so much that we can wait before arriving at conclusions.
Old 5th May 2009, 12:32   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Long wait periods for parts has been a frequent complaint with Laura + Superb owners. I'm sure Skoda Corporate will solve this problem (especially now that you've posted it on the forum).

However, what we want - and has been explicitly communicated - is an enhanced level of support for ALL Skoda owners (not just TBHPians who post problems). I've yet to hear about any restructuring, new initiatives or even positive developments on Harish's case. How long does it take to act on a matter of the highest priority?

The clock is ticking and there is only so much that we can wait before arriving at conclusions.
GTO I am sure we will not see any change in that. The fact remains that everyone from the top bosses to the bottom rung need to be passionate about the brand, and in Skodas case they are NOT. Peopel who work for Skoda come and do their job, for them working at Skoda is just paper pushing and passing the buck on. So i don think there will be quick & drastic improvement.

The dealers are more interested in getting short term profits and not long term profits, they want to make all of their their invested money in a span of 2 or 3 years and hence the only people who would suffer are the customers.

But hoping for the best.

AC

Last edited by ac 427 : 5th May 2009 at 12:47.
Old 5th May 2009, 12:35   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Evo, I'm horrified to see that the seatcovers have not been covered with plastic/polythene covers!
Bad work ethic!
Unfortunately many A.S.s. and independent bodyshops don't do this. It creates a mess but their thinking is - we will clean the interiors anyways. Personally, I don't agree but that's the way they think ...

@Evo,
I am not sure if they need to primer first and then put the putty to even out that gash or the otherway round. Probably, someone here comments authoritatively ?
I mean when I got my car fully painted last year, they hadn't taken of the base coat fully (same color), and applied putty on top of it.
Old 5th May 2009, 17:11   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
GTO I am sure we will not see any change in that. The fact remains that everyone from the top bosses to the bottom rung need to be passionate about the brand, and in Skodas case they are NOT. Peopel who work for Skoda come and do their job, for them working at Skoda is just paper pushing and passing the buck on. So i don think there will be quick & drastic improvement.

The dealers are more interested in getting short term profits and not long term profits, they want to make all of their their invested money in a span of 2 or 3 years and hence the only people who would suffer are the customers.

But hoping for the best.

AC
This thread was started on March 27th, 2009. Since then, its crossed a 112 pages. Skoda has even met with Team-BHP and has promised to improve the current level of customer service. But, how long does it take to make a beginning? Harish is still paying installments on a car that is with them for over a year. Forget about handing over the delivery of the car to him at the earliest, the least they could have done was to withdraw the appeal in the court and make amends graciously. How can anyone take them seriously when they continue to appeal the verdict in the face of overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing by their dealer? Why should we consumers still put our money on a Skoda? We won't !!! Not unless we see some redressal of Mr.Harish's issues.
Old 5th May 2009, 17:50   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, what we want - and has been explicitly communicated - is an enhanced level of support for ALL Skoda owners (not just TBHPians who post problems).
As I had posted, last week, someone from Skoda Corp. got in touch with me for phone no. of a relative of mine who had experienced a problem. I gave them the number. Now, around 5-6 days have passed, and my relative has still not received any calls.

Perhaps he is in a long queue that been generated through this post. Maybe he will receive a call, or maybe not.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:08   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Skoda has even met with Team-BHP and has promised to improve the current level of customer service.
Where did you gather that?
I'm not sure if such an assurance was given. (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Now, around 5-6 days have passed, and my relative has still not received any calls.
That is probably because your relative is not on T-BHP!
Old 5th May 2009, 18:54   #1676
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
But, how long does it take to make a beginning? Harish is still paying installments on a car that is with them for over a year. Forget about handing over the delivery of the car to him at the earliest, the least they could have done was to withdraw the appeal in the court and make amends graciously.
Absolutely with you on this. If Skoda wants to prove that they (are starting to?) care for the Indian customer, Harish is first in line. Take care of him first, Skoda, else we have reason not to believe anything you say.

This episode just highlights the fact that business decisions are to be taken objectively, and not on ego, or at the cost of customers. Skoda India has lost MASSIVE goodwill (and resultant business) due to the shady games played so far. It is up to them to make or break the future. I know one thing for sure, Team-BHP will always stand up for the truth. And we will be watching Skoda very closely.

Quote:
How can anyone take them seriously when they continue to appeal the verdict in the face of overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing by their dealer?
I agree. If they continue to fight Harish in court, I've completely lost faith in the brand. For good.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:40   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Where did you gather that?
I'm not sure if such an assurance was given. (?)
My mistake. I made the error of assuming that Skoda had promised to make improve the customer service levels during the meeting with GTO and others. I just re-read the post and realized that there is no explicit mention of what Skoda intends to do post the meeting.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:57   #1678
BHPian

I think the damage here is done for skoda. Something huge in terms of change has to happen on their side - re-organisation of service/support and dealers, clear demonstration by quick resolution on harish and other tbhp reported issues, and a general assurance that they have now deployed the processes and procedures to ensure this does not happen again.
Only an action this large may win some faith back, from the way things are going right now, it looks like more patch work to make it look like they are changing. This further dents their image and may put things in an irrecoverable spin.
If SODA_corporate is reading this, you could flare your ego and throw legal jargon or be humble, accept responsibility and solve this mess the right way.
Old 5th May 2009, 20:47   #1679
BHPian

fast response from skoda auto
i had sent an email today morning to them and then i took the car to the service center
by then they had already forwarded the mail to the local service center
they gave me a copy of the job card and have promised that since the compressor is not in stock in bangalore they will get it within a weeks time from aurangabad and replacement will be done under warranty
i have known the manager since the last 2 years and have had no problems with the servicing so far so will wait for a week
only drawback so far is my dad who is addicted to ac is now zipping around in my magnum(imagine a 64 year old with a magnum with tuning box and performance air filter with cai )and i have to use his laura till the ac is repaired-i dont mind cause half the time i have the windows down with a cigarette in hand
Old 6th May 2009, 11:36   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Since it is a lengthy post I have not read through the entire thread, so not sure what happened with the new Team BHP logo that was discussed earlier. From the recent feedbacks we see nothing has changed with Skoda. Why are we still keeping the Skoda logo on our page? Planning to change my BHP signature to "Was planning for a Superb, But love to HATE Skoda now)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks