Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 13:01   #1681

Going to Consumer court against SKODA

We lived with utmost dissatisfaction with the Skoda Laura for the past 3 years (Bought in Aug 2006). Could not even drive for more than an hour continuously in this car before someone vomits. Details of the issues are in this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html)

Dealer took no interest in this until the first complaint was made (May 2008) to the Skoda India Headquarters. We spent a lot of money on changing the suspension, changing the tyres and other charges as part of the investigations after regular write ups to the Company. Had to change the battery as well in between right after the car crossing 12,000 Mark. SKODA BATTERY LASTED FOR ONLY 12000 KM. what a shame.

Around 2 months ago, a technician at dealer has agreed that it is a Manufacturing defect with the car, which does not reduce the body roll even on the smooth straight highways.

Finally we have decided to go to consumer court and we are filing the case in a matter of days.

Thanks for all BHPians who have provided their valuable feedbacks on rectifying this issue.

Is there any special things i should be taking care while filing the case... Please suggest your opinions...

Ranjith Balan
Old 6th May 2009, 14:17   #1682
BHPian

Ranjith go ahed.

You will definitly get the justice.

Take other sufferers also, along with.

Best of luck.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:51   #1683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Ranjith go ahed.

You will definitely get the justice.
Given the state of the judicial system in India the car may have become a Vintage Car by the time the issue is resolved? Prime your grandchildren to reap the benefits.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:57   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithbalan View Post
We lived with utmost dissatisfaction with the Skoda Laura for the past 3 years (Bought in Aug 2006). Could not even drive for more than an hour continuously in this car before someone vomits. Details of the issues are in this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html)
Another one!
Sorry to hear that Ranjith. Who is the dealer, Tafe?

Last edited by fi.robin : 6th May 2009 at 14:58.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:27   #1685

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Another one!
Sorry to hear that Ranjith. Who is the dealer, Tafe?

Dealer is Marikkar Engineers, Calicut, Kerala
Old 7th May 2009, 00:36   #1686
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
the ac of my dads skoda laura lost its cooling function and he took it to the local skoda auto service center (tafe access)on 2/5/09 they diagnosed that the problem is with the ac compressor which needs to be replaced. cost rs 50,000/- since the car is under warranty it will be done free of cost
they said they do not have the part in mangalore and they have to get it from bangalore now the manager is not receiving his phone when my dad calls and our car warranty expires on 12/5/09 i am apprehensive that they will wait for the warranty to expire and then charge us for it
i have sent an email to skoda corporate
below is the copy of the email

Dear Sir/Madam,
This will not be repeated sounds like a dream. we have a skoda laura reg no ka 19 z 8977 purchased on 12th may 2007 the ac cooling has gone and car was taken to tafe acesses mangalore skoda service center on 2/5/09 they diagnosed that the ac compressor needs to be replaced and since its under warranty .cost Rs 50,000/-(warranty expires on 12/5/09)it will be done free of cost but they dont have stock and will get it from bangalore now its 3 days and the manager of tafe acesses mangalore refuses to recieve his phone when we call and i am apprehensive that this will turn into another con job by the dealer waiting for warranty to expire and then charge us for it
as suggested by skoda auto india i am sending this info to you . kindly get the service center to replace the compressor
thanking you
doc.

lets see how serious skoda auto india is on their promise to improve A.S.S
will update as further development happens
IMO, you should send them notice from your lawyer notifying about the same immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely with you on this. If Skoda wants to prove that they (are starting to?) care for the Indian customer, Harish is first in line. Take care of him first, Skoda, else we have reason not to believe anything you say.

This episode just highlights the fact that business decisions are to be taken objectively, and not on ego, or at the cost of customers. Skoda India has lost MASSIVE goodwill (and resultant business) due to the shady games played so far. It is up to them to make or break the future. I know one thing for sure, Team-BHP will always stand up for the truth. And we will be watching Skoda very closely.

I agree. If they continue to fight Harish in court, I've completely lost faith in the brand. For good.

I would not consider buy skoda for next 2 years, until they replace Harish's car with brand new car + complementary holiday package for his whole family to Disney land in USA and 10 lakhs cash compensation for mental trauma.

every time I see skoda on road, it reminds me of harish and I feel condolences for the owner. God Bless skoda owners.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:16   #1687
BHPian

Since Harish opened the floodgates of Skoda woes we have seen an unprecedented rally by bhpians. Till now no solution is forthcoming. It is hard to believe that settling amicably with Harish would miraculously end the inherent problems of Skoda.

I think the mechanical problems of Skoda cars are appearing so frequently because they did not factor in the tough Indian conditions before introducing their products in the market. They will now have to spend a fortune to update their manufacturing processes and that perhaps is their first priority rather than listening to the problems of Harish and his ilk.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:43   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Since Harish opened the floodgates of Skoda woes we have seen an unprecedented rally by bhpians. Till now no solution is forthcoming. It is hard to believe that settling amicably with Harish would miraculously end the inherent problems of Skoda.

I think the mechanical problems of Skoda cars are appearing so frequently because they did not factor in the tough Indian conditions before introducing their products in the market. They will now have to spend a fortune to update their manufacturing processes and that perhaps is their first priority rather than listening to the problems of Harish and his ilk.
How does it make sense to update their manufacturing processes before solving already existing problems?
Old 7th May 2009, 14:55   #1689
Senior - BHPian

after Harish's case hase came up, havent heard of single positive note from skoda or the owners of skoda cars, revently more of the complains have came up may be more owners got courage and came up with real story of skoda cars, do we really see any change at skoda?? i dont.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:03   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
after Harish's case hase came up, havent heard of single positive note from skoda or the owners of skoda cars, revently more of the complains have came up may be more owners got courage and came up with real story of skoda cars, do we really see any change at skoda?? i dont.
Very true - I guess you now have automated PMs saying "Sorry, I apologize..." versus seeming auto mailers sent under the name of Sudhir Srinivas. Having said that kudos to Team BHP for making the haughty "Obsessed .. since 1885" bend its nose towards its customers' woes!

Let us wait some more and see!

Cheers,
Old 7th May 2009, 18:08   #1691
BHPian

Skoda Indian journey from 2004 to 2009

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ase-study.html

The last para on the first post. Expectations to actuals.

Last edited by harishv : 7th May 2009 at 18:12.
Old 7th May 2009, 20:06   #1692
BANNED

I really like Skoda cars. Also had opportunity to drive it for sometime. Given a chance , I would have certainly bought it.

But this is a scary picture. I am sure to it is going to be a tough decision for me to be a skoda owner now.
Old 7th May 2009, 23:26   #1693
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
I really like Skoda cars. Also had opportunity to drive it for sometime. Given a chance , I would have certainly bought it.

But this is a scary picture. I am sure to it is going to be a tough decision for me to be a skoda owner now.
I like most Skoda cars too. The problem seems to be with the service many of their dealers are offering.

While there are signs that some dealers are responding atleast o a few TBHPians, Skoda and it's dealers have a long way to go make up for the reputation lost.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:32   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithbalan View Post
Could not even drive for more than an hour continuously in this car before someone vomits.
My friend and family had the same issue when they purchased Octavia soon after it was launched. Not sure whether it was rectified or they got used to the body roll after some time.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:54   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My friend and family had the same issue when they purchased Octavia soon after it was launched. Not sure whether it was rectified or they got used to the body roll after some time.
Guess, after spending 10+L on a vehicle, and with no support from the parent company or the service center, this will be the only option left - just get used to it!

Sad state of affairs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks