Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 12:40   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

Since this thread is all about TRUTH and has run into 115 pages already, can we ask all dissatisfied (more like cheated) Skoda owners to collect all relevant documentation and post it on the page 1 on this thread like case 1, case 2 links. This will truly show that we are on the customer's side not in any biased way but in the most truthful and honorary way. For eg, in "0-100@2.7sec" case, he could provide:
1. Car details like reg number, dealer bought, dealer serviced, date, etc
2. All his service records highlighting the record where the AC problem has been mentioned during the warranty period.
3. All email communication with any Skoda people (dealer/corporate)
4. Bhpians can comment on more info that can be posted.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:21   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post

Moderators after going through this thread, I strongly believe that the pic of the Skoda on the forum page should be removed.
The question that pops into my mind is - Why is TBHP advertising the Skoda despite so many complaints??
Why not have a poll amongst members on its replacement

May be a sponsorship issue.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:35   #1728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
May be a sponsorship issue.
Do you seriously believe Skoda could be sponsoring Team-BHP when we are running a thread like this? We don't receive any funding from any car maker.

That image is of a Skoda Octavia RS, a well loved car in Team-BHP, at least two moderators own that car. Our issue is with Skoda the company, not the car. Therefore, we are not in a tearing hurry to remove that image, we don't hate Skoda cars.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:54   #1729
evo
BHPian

50% off,
SORRY, we can do no more.

Haha, they must have a template to this effect methinks.

Disgusting, I`m going to pick my car up tomorrow, lets see what they do, how they do, its already been delayed beyond the Job Card time.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:25   #1730
BANNED

@evo: I am sure Kolkata should be having some good independents who are adept in Skoda products.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:02   #1731
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Folks,

Read this in Business Standard today. Make or mar brands in cyberia
Whoa, good on Business Standard to cover this issue! This is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
There has been so many such complaints against Skoda but readers might not have the time/patience to read thru 100+ pages to realize that. Is it possible to have a document (Word or Excel), where all these complaints are documented with name, date, summary and current status?
Ask and thou shall receive! Take a look at post no.2 on the first page of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
@GTO and other mods, have you guys heard from the top bosses of Skoda ?
Nope.

Quote:
and even if he coming and meeting you and post that NO action has been taken is a very serious thing.
I am afraid that my hopes of a turnaround are dwindling by the day. When is Skoda going to make up to Harish, and put some concrete steps in place to take care of Skoda owners? If they don't improve after this incident, nothing will change their attitude.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:08   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...The Fabia 1.4 petrol is a lemon. It has a problematic engine that was recalled by Skoda themselves. Neither is it quick, nor fuel efficient, or too refined. No wonder that it has been labelled as a DUD!

oh no!!

i was hoping someone as knowledgeable as you woudn't say it - now the 6 prospective buyers wont buy my friend's car

i'm quite keen on that sale cause the *one* thing i love about the skoda is the horn - i was gonna whack it before the sale
Old 12th May 2009, 10:26   #1733
Senior - BHPian

thats a very good move GTO of posting all ordeals and relevant links on post number 2. Now I know I missed a lot of stories, especially the engine falling off, that has to be the worst experience by anyone around the world for any of the cars. Only Skoda dealers can do it.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:30   #1734
Senior - BHPian

[quote=diffsoft;1297269]Folks,

Read this in Business Standard today. Make or mar brands in cyberia

/QUOTE]

This says corrective action from Skoda `It has assured the customers of appropriate action'. From my knowledge of my relative's problems with his Octavia, so far this amounts to taking their mobile number only, and nothing else. Perhaps this corrective action will at least enable Skoda to update its database of existing customers, if nothing else.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:36   #1735
evo
BHPian

Heights! Skoda, hang your heads in shame.

Heights of stuff

Skoda was to give my car today after much delay and their tricks to try and get away from a complete paintjob.

Was to go there at 9.30 AM. At 8.45ish get a call from Yogesh Chirimar, works manager : "Sir, please dont come now as the land on which the workshop is located has to be legalised and actually belongs to the Port Trust so some court officials are there and they are not allowing us to get in. I myself am standing at the main gate"

Is Skoda a magnet for questionable stuff, though this is in no way related to their cars?

Moreover, tomorrow is a holiday due to elections here, so I thought that I`ll finally get a day to drive around, but its not like Skoda can tolerate any consumer using its cars for what they like to use it for.

Damn. Talk about nails in the coffin, they feviquiked and superglued the entire coffin before hammering in the industrial sized nails.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:44   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
"Sir, please dont come now as the land on which the workshop is located has to be legalised and actually belongs to the Port Trust so some court officials are there and they are not allowing us to get in. I myself am standing at the main gate"
A similar thing happened at a MUL dealer workshop too in Kolkata. I don't think they were barred from entering, but there were lots of legal issues. Power was also cutoff for a few days.

Maybe you should just call up Jia as a different customer and enquire about taking your car for a quick checkup
Old 12th May 2009, 11:53   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ask and thou shall receive! Take a look at post no.2 on the first page of this thread.
Great, have been asking for something like this in a couple of posts on the two threads.
How about also adding a summary from T-BHP customer surveys. [#surveys, #satisfied, #somewhat dis-satisfied, #very dissatisfied, ...] - something of the sort at the top of the post...

BTW, having such a post for other car manufacturers (like post 2 on this thread) maybe very helpful.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:53   #1738
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Maybe you should just call up Jia as a different customer and enquire about taking your car for a quick checkup
Sounds good, will try that and check.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:59   #1739
Senior - BHPian

seems skoda not only steals parts from the cars but they also steal lands which belong to others.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:15   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Heights of stuff
Damn. Talk about nails in the coffin, they feviquiked and superglued the entire coffin before hammering in the industrial sized nails.
Hey Evo:

This cannot get crazier! Really regret any customer having to go through this. Just hang in there and hope things get better.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks