Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 07:45   #1756
BHPian

Guys, While going through the thread I was Wondering whether VOLKSWAGEN & AUDI customers also face any of the problems listed in this thread or are these problems faced exclusively by us skoda owners?
Old 15th May 2009, 09:44   #1757
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpit View Post
Guys, While going through the thread I was Wondering whether VOLKSWAGEN & AUDI customers also face any of the problems listed in this thread or are these problems faced exclusively by us skoda owners?
The main issues have been service related and not product related. If the dealer networks are different this may not strictly be true. However, given that the basic corporate structure is the same I will be cautious. At present Audi is in the Super Premium Segment and VW is targeted a notch higher than Skoda. Thus I feel that Audi customers should be Ok, and will keep my fingers crossed for the VW buyers!!
Old 15th May 2009, 09:52   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Apart from service related issues, its also about inflated pricing of parts + Before age failure of so called premium parts.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:57   #1759
BHPian

Hey GTO, I should really appreciate you for your patience in compiling the list about SKODA's horrendous experiences.

Bravo.

Cheers,
Chetan
Old 15th May 2009, 11:11   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The main issues have been service related and not product related. If the dealer networks are different this may not strictly be true. However, given that the basic corporate structure is the same I will be cautious. At present Audi is in the Super Premium Segment and VW is targeted a notch higher than Skoda. Thus I feel that Audi customers should be Ok, and will keep my fingers crossed for the VW buyers!!
Ooopss!
Skoda might have sturdy built and good engine.
But parts failing within 10-20000 km is no joke.

and after 60000 km most Skoda's (ofcourse that would be primarily Octavias) are know for displaying their characteristic prone to failure traits.

PS: Just read the part about VW.
Heh, there is a thread lurking somewhere here where GTO has almost officially declared VW Passat in India as lemon.
And I remember reading one more about Jetta, which was also a pretty horrendous experience.

Last edited by alpha1 : 15th May 2009 at 11:13.
Old 15th May 2009, 11:19   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
The bumper still had specks of yellow on it!

Skoda never learns, this time my passenger side ORVM was broken,

The works manager also told me ." Hum jitna kar paayenge, utna kar denge, fir aap skoda se direct baat kar lijiiye ga."

Bad scenes evo. looks like they are being very adamant and defiant.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:05   #1762
Distinguished - BHPian

Evo, buy the 2000 rupees spycam pen and put it to good use.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:02   #1763
BHPian

Folks:

Looks like a class action suit is the best way for Skoda to listen to the seriousness of the situation. On the one hand we have car makers who call Team BHP folks for test drives (like Maruti), take the forums seriously (like Mitsubishi whose sales guy suggested that I check reviews on Team BHP before making a purchase) and on the other we have a Skoda who threatens legal action for speaking the truth!

Further they make a "show" of seriousness by meeting GTO and others; they say they will have some online system for complaints, but we do not see any resolution for our complainants like Evo or Harish. That hurts even more - are they making an ego issue out of this? They have already down 50+% in sales this year - don't they realise how many Skoda buyers backed off by reading this forum; how strongly this is circulating in the email / blog network?

Truly crazy! If Skoda were a person I would recommend a visit to the local psychiatrist.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:56   #1764
evo
BHPian

Update

So I got my car back. They replaced the ORVM, the paint job is still not up to the mark, but I`ve just about had it with them. I`m quite sure that they`ll not do what is needed to make it perfect. The seats have this white paint like substance on them, but I couldnt wait beyond the 45 minutes that I had already waited there. So again I said let them be.

But, can you believe this? THEY ASKED ME TO PAY Rs.15,000 odd I was flabbergasted especially since I had specifically noted on the job card that the work was free of cost. I called Mr. Yogesh, (not present at SS). He didnt take my call, finally told the service advisor to call him and then they made a fresh bill etc. and billed me the Rs.127 for some bulb change. They really thought that they could pull a fast one on me by making me pay some money. Damn. They really dont want to learn.

Also heard the service advisor saying that "Skoda company aisa hai na, ki jab tak customer do-teen baar b**bu nahi dega, tab tak kuch nahi hoga"

Now thats the truth, if there ever was any truth!

I`m just feverishly hoping that I dont have to go in to JIA AUTO for anything. anymore.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:02   #1765
BHPian

evo

Do post the pictures of the car.
Old 16th May 2009, 10:32   #1766
Senior - BHPian

evo, glad that car came out safely with all pieces intact. now its time for you to explore some independent shops for your future needs OR to sell the car (end to all problems with skoda service). It seems like Jia auto wasnt interested and was working on a directive from Skoda, customer means nothing to them.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:26   #1767
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
evo

Do post the pictures of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
evo, glad that car came out safely with all pieces intact. now its time for you to explore some independent shops for your future needs OR to sell the car (end to all problems with skoda service). It seems like Jia auto wasnt interested and was working on a directive from Skoda, customer means nothing to them.
Will put pictures soon.

Hehe, sell the car and buy what? Apart from the old Accord V6, nothing seems to fit the bill. And that too is a boat. The CRV is fun to drive though, but its such a poser car.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:49   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Truly crazy! If Skoda were a person I would recommend a visit to the local psychiatrist.
I don't believe what's happening. Isn't there somebody responsible at Skoda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Apart from the old Accord V6, nothing seems to fit the bill. And that too is a boat. The CRV is fun to drive though, but its such a poser car.
What about the Captiva?
Old 16th May 2009, 12:38   #1769
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, sorry to go a little OT here but Hyundai is doing a Skoda on me (not as bad though). Does anyone have email ids of higher ups in Hyundai? Please PM me.
I still do not want to blow the whistle if it can be settled amicably.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:52   #1770
BHPian

So...how many people have genuinely put off their Skoda purchases because of Harish's incident? Lets get a number out there so these guys get what poor service is costing them!

1. CRV instead of Superb - Rs 20lac loss

Probably will get the Accord instead of the superb in July...

Most Viewed