Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 13:55   #1801
Senior - BHPian

@gto and @harish do you think we should put a link of this discussion on BRISKODA - The Skoda Forum and Community.

Considering no development has happened after your meet with the biggies, should we take this international ?

cheers,
ac
Old 21st May 2009, 16:03   #1802
BANNED

This thread already finds a mention there.
Old 21st May 2009, 18:59   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
@gto and @harish do you think we should put a link of this discussion on BRISKODA - The Skoda Forum and Community.

Considering no development has happened after your meet with the biggies, should we take this international ?
ac
30 plus days since Skoda met us and there seems to be no movement from Skoda's side. I think evo's case was also badly handled by Skoda.

Since the last month I have received calls and mails from at least 30 + people from Jalandhar, Delhi, Bangalore, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai etc voicing their problems and sheer frustration at owning a Skoda. All of them want to get together and act against Skoda.

I thought there would be some positive progression from Skoda. However it looks like Skoda does not wish to act positively.
Old 21st May 2009, 20:31   #1804
BHPian

Something very amusing
Check out the thread titles
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-skoda-service.jpg  

Old 21st May 2009, 20:35   #1805
BHPian

Skoda is sure turning out to be the House of Horrors for most of their (unsuspecting?) customers!

On the other hand they sure are going full bore in the Press - check out the latest (20th May) Wednesday supplement of Zigwheels with the Times of India - a positive review of the Skoda Yeti and an ad of the Fabia. Absolutely no mention of these problems in the Yeti review, which I am sure will also be known to the Press fellas. To an average Joe with cash who goes by our Press reviews and ads, the Skoda is perhaps that irresistible "quality brand" with appropriate snob value.

So then, quite rather a simple business plan eh? - if you can't fix the QA issues, just fix the PR!
Old 21st May 2009, 21:30   #1806
Senior - BHPian

reminds me of
Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website with Scott Adams' color strips, Dilbert animation, mashups and more!
Old 21st May 2009, 22:09   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
30 plus days since Skoda met us and there seems to be no movement from Skoda's side. I think evo's case was also badly handled by Skoda.

Since the last month I have received calls and mails from at least 30 + people from Jalandhar, Delhi, Bangalore, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai etc voicing their problems and sheer frustration at owning a Skoda. All of them want to get together and act against Skoda.

I thought there would be some positive progression from Skoda. However it looks like Skoda does not wish to act positively.
Harish, it is clear that none of our earlier beliefs are yielding results.
I would strongly urge you to get together with the others and move court.
We here would be glad to be of assistance in some little way or the other. Only I cannot at the moment figure out how exactly ....
Old 21st May 2009, 22:54   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
We here would be glad to be of assistance in some little way or the other. Only I cannot at the moment figure out how exactly ....
Harish, just let us know how we can support you. Letting our friends know about Skoda - most of us are already doing that. So anything else to support you and the others - do let us know.
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:45   #1809

Propagating Skoda foibles
While most of the members may be making friends and relatives aware of Skoda after sales service, in our own way, what are few 30 second pitches to approach a prospective Skoda buyer?

Perhaps it's also likely that a portion of Skoda owners may not be aware of this or other websites that highlight after sales service woes. Does it make sense to reach out to existing Skoda owners casually e.g. when you pull up alongside at signal crossings, coffee shops etc?
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:32   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post

check todays BOmbay times page 3, you will know where they are busy.

cheers,
ac
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:08   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
check todays BOmbay times page 3, you will know where they are busy.

cheers,
ac
How shamelessly they are launching new products hoping it would increase sales (superb effect? ) to tide the low numbers they have met till now.

They should realise that money from Harish's EMI (well a part) is being used for this so called promotion.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 22nd May 2009 at 13:11.
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:11   #1812
BHPian

Saw todays bombay times they are least bother about customer problems and busy in photo shoot with models for promotion of new laura .

Great going skoda but this photo shoot wont help you in selling your product with crap service
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:58   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, those photos are there in HT Cafe too! Looks like they really aren't bothered about customers' problems.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:37   #1814
Senior - BHPian

How can we expect Times or any other daily to write against Scoda when they are getting a half page adv every alternate day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Skoda is sure turning out to be the House of Horrors for most of their (unsuspecting?) customers!

On the other hand they sure are going full bore in the Press - check out the latest (20th May) Wednesday supplement of Zigwheels with the Times of India - a positive review of the Skoda Yeti and an ad of the Fabia. Absolutely no mention of these problems in the Yeti review, which I am sure will also be known to the Press fellas. To an average Joe with cash who goes by our Press reviews and ads, the Skoda is perhaps that irresistible "quality brand" with appropriate snob value.

So then, quite rather a simple business plan eh? - if you can't fix the QA issues, just fix the PR!
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:34   #1815
Senior - BHPian

you need to still keep in mind that. Skoda directly probably is not responsible. Its the skoda dealer. Yes i agree they have to do constant quality checks etc etc to keep the dealers doing their jobs at optimum levels. Not all the skoda owners in other countries are facing this problem and even many of our very own skoda owners in india do not have much problem apart from the usual fragilie behaviour of their cars(the case is same with most germans including the audi's,mercs and beemers).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks