Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 10:25   #1876
BHPian

Yup people who buy premium vehicles are supposed to get premium treatment as well but in skodas case its not happening. Here the customers are getting ill treated. They should be fixing that. But that doesnt mean they are supposed to charge very less than other manufacturers playing in the same segment.
Old 31st May 2009, 10:32   #1877
Senior - BHPian

we're not asking them to charge less
we're not even asking them to charge the same.
When someone is glad he just had to pay 300 for something he should have gotten for free - While its an improvment, considering a few months ago, they might have insisted on some unecessary replacements, its still not there yet.

The fact that they are being ripped off less does not diminish the fact that they are still being ripped off.
Old 31st May 2009, 12:11   #1878
BHPian

Reading through the thread, the initial disbelief wore off to be replaced by optimism that forums such as ours could make a difference. It also had the effect of changing my mind about considering Laura Elegance as my next car. Thank you for looking out for members and consumers in general.
Old 1st June 2009, 01:14   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Hey anup maybe this is just one incident but over the past few weeks there have been many such small nice incidents. Agreed this is just one step in a long upward climb Skoda's A.S.S has to take but it is just nice to see that they might be on the right track. Yet cases like Harish are unresolved.
Well, I for one am hoping that Skoda walks the talk. After those disastrous posts by Skoda-Corporate a.k.a meghna, I kinda wrote Skoda A.S.S. off and firmed up an independent workshop. Then came the meeting between the Skoda head-honchos and our Mods plus the flurry of PMs etc from Skoda. This had one's hopes up. Then - the low of Skoda losing momentum, as information was not forthcoming on the follow up action taken by Skoda after contacting members/owners.

I therefore hope this trickle is a sign of the flood to come. (Just for the record, I re-state that I am happy with the Skoda A.S.C run by Mahavir Motors in Hyderabad.)

It would be unfortunate for us if Skoda were to kill themselves, as they make good cars. I certainly hope that Skoda walks the talk. They really have no other option.

Cheers,
Old 1st June 2009, 13:53   #1880
BHPian

Some thing I should share here about Skoda dealership in Bangalore: Vinayaka Skoda.
I had this problem when I was going to Ooty last week, when emission light came on and remained on.
I called up Service GM (Mr. Patil), and he was happy to help you over phone. He listened to my complaint that emission check light was on even when engine is running, asked me to check if engine revs correctly in neutral (crossed 5000rpm) without a problem, and then he told me this is not a major issue, and I can drive and meet him up once I return to Bangalore.
There was no problem to drive the car, and the car behaved normally. It was just that light annoying and I was concerned to begin with, since I wouldn't know if there was a serious problem that could only aggregate.

Visited Vinayaka *** once returning to Bangalore, and the fault was cleared at NO cost. And also he explained me what could have happened, just that I don't remember exactly, since he told there is no major issue, and once a error registered, will remain in the ECU, it needs to be cleared with appropriate checks.

Good thing I like about Vinayaka is they handle cusotmers very well. They listen to their customers.

Offtopic:
Also, I got to peap into new Lauara in the service station. the Deisel Ambiente that I had a look at, was explained exact same enginer and gearbox than previous Laura and just the looks are different. L&K version is comming with 2.0ltr engine, and supposed to be better than the Ambiente from engine/DSG point of view.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:03   #1881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
When someone is glad he just had to pay 300 for something he should have gotten for free..The fact that they are being ripped off less does not diminish the fact that they are still being ripped off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbhat View Post
Visited Vinayaka *** once returning to Bangalore, and the fault was cleared at NO cost.
I think Greehorn hit the nail on the head. On rethinking the issue I realised that whether or not the car was under warranty clearing and error should have been FOC - Hyundai or Skoda just like Anand experienced.

I just remembered that I too have got some FOC service on one account
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1308722-post141.html
Old 1st June 2009, 23:51   #1882
BHPian

hello people,

Does anyone have any information on Skoda Service/Hyderabad at mahavir auto ?

They sure talk well at the showroom whilst selling!

thanks again
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:09   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
hello people,

Does anyone have any information on Skoda Service/Hyderabad at mahavir auto ?

They sure talk well at the showroom whilst selling!

thanks again
Hi AB-A340,

I found the showroom people friendly and nice but totally ignorant. The workshop (Sanatnagar) is pretty good. Mahesh one of the service advisors is a helpful chap and Hari is good. Their numbers are: 9885513004 & 9885073004. The Manager of workshop used to be with Orange Auto (GM). All of them are decent guys.

There is a smaller service centre in the old Auto Chenoy premises, Secunderabad. It is looked after by Mr. Surana.

Mahavir is a pretty decent A.S.C., incidentally the same group also sell and service the Mercs in Hyderabad. I have however found it useful to tell them what I want done in my car. They, (like most modern mechanics who rely on diagnostic tools) are pretty bad at forecasting or diagnosing a problem.

Prabhu is a regular at TBHP meets and drives, he runs 'New Mars' an independent workshop for all cars including imported cars. New Mars is located at Moosapat. Several TBHPians in Hyderabad go to Prabhu and none of us have had any cause for complaint.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:17   #1884
BHPian

wow!

thanks for the intel raveendra.

i am yet to see the one at sanathnagar & surely have to pay a visit to Mr.Prabhu.

cheers!
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:20   #1885
BHPian

i just peeped in your garage.

Pete's tuning box huh?! how long has it been and any complaints?
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:47   #1886
BANNED

Changes in Skoda Management.

Skoda announces management changes

I wonder whether the ruckus here has something to do with it. Also, whether it will help resolve the issue.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:58   #1887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I think Greehorn hit the nail on the head. On rethinking the issue I realised that whether or not the car was under warranty clearing and error should have been FOC - Hyundai or Skoda just like Anand experienced.

I just remembered that I too have got some FOC service on one account
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1308722-post141.html

exactly. my story is i dont expect MASS to do somethings foc for me. but whenever i ask them to hook the tech2 and check whether everything is going on fine they do it promptly and they have never charged me for this. couple of time error codes were also found and they erased them. the best this about this is my car is 5 years old and out of warranty. the second best thing is they are doing this even when i havent purchased the car from them. minor things like clutch adjustments or some small niggling issues are also done by MASS FOC. even when the service advisor/ mechanic finds the car is dirty he gets the body wash done that too FOC.
i am just overwhelmed by this kind of service my Maruti. that too for a 3 lac car.
i think customers ecpect more courtesy when they buy a 12 lac car.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:36   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Changes in Skoda Management.

I wonder whether the ruckus here has something to do with it. Also, whether it will help resolve the issue.
Frankly, much though I wish it was I doubt it. Mr Bogun has been moved as a CFO to a VW plant.

Cheers,
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:02   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
exactly. my story is i dont expect MASS to do somethings foc for me. but whenever i ask them to hook the tech2 and check whether everything is going on fine they do it promptly and they have never charged me for this. couple of time error codes were also found and they erased them. the best this about this is my car is 5 years old and out of warranty. the second best thing is they are doing this even when i havent purchased the car from them. minor things like clutch adjustments or some small niggling issues are also done by MASS FOC. even when the service advisor/ mechanic finds the car is dirty he gets the body wash done that too FOC.
i am just overwhelmed by this kind of service my Maruti. that too for a 3 lac car.
i think customers ecpect more courtesy when they buy a 12 lac car.
I've experienced the same things from TASS too for my Palio for FOC things.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:27   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
I've experienced the same things from TASS too for my Palio for FOC things.
i feel very proud too hear that . thank god tatas have raised their TASS levels. come on skoda, beat all this and come on tracks soon. Get well soon.

Most Viewed