Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 16:21   #1951

my skoda had the most number of thefts/swaps possible while getting serviced in India. We wrote about 124 letters and number of phone calls to have it checked but no one even bothered to reply. I have hard copies of forgery by dealership too. My car was forcibly delivered home when i refused to take my car with my brand new alloy wheels swapped with some old rusted normal wheels. The music system was swapped with a broken very old one and luckily I had pics of my interiors clicked a day before delivering it to them. This was presented as proof but still the only reply i got from the skoda head office was "It is your fight with the authorized dealer. Dont involve us in this"...

Most unethical car manufacturer in this world. Dont ever buy a skoda in India. This is the main reason why Audi has no dealers but their own frachisees. Its either Audi Delhi, Audi Mumbai or Something similar..

VW is completely aware of this scam and thats why they are trying to distance themselves from the negativity created by skoda. Till date my skoda runs at a maximum speed of 90 and the pickup is around 25 seconds for 0-90.
satix7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2009, 16:49   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satix7 View Post

my skoda had the most number of thefts/swaps possible while getting serviced in India.
VW is completely aware of this scam and thats why they are trying to distance themselves from the negativity created by skoda. Till date my skoda runs at a maximum speed of 90 and the pickup is around 25 seconds for 0-90.
Now i've heard it all. Which dealer are we talking about here?
Old 29th June 2009, 16:56   #1953
BHPian

@satix7: Sorry to hear what you said and went through. Why don't you contact Harish and join the class action suit?

Cheers,
Old 29th June 2009, 17:00   #1954
BHPian

I don't believe this. This is getting bigger and bigger.

What is it with this company? Is it hell bent on committing hara-kiri or is there something more to it here?????

This is mind blowing. Have they taken leave of their senses or what????
Old 29th June 2009, 17:10   #1955
Distinguished - BHPian

@staix7: And you have all this proof of theft etc. despite that Skoda is not interested??

Man this is pits!!
Old 29th June 2009, 17:13   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@staix7: And you have all this proof of theft etc. despite that Skoda is not interested??

Man this is pits!!
Is this not a police case ! if you can prove Skoda is wrong
horrible. I thank to God for not buying Fabia though my wife wanted to do so. For costly after sales service I opted not to buy but I never knew I was saved more than that
Old 30th June 2009, 12:18   #1957
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Saitx, extremely sorry to hear of your plight. Which Skoda, an Octavia? Why don't you share the documentation with us? We can create a separate thread to highlight your experiences. Other potential buyers MUST be warned of the nonsense dished out by Skoda India.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:53   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car was forcibly delivered home when i refused to take my car with my brand new alloy wheels swapped with some old rusted normal wheels. The music system was swapped with a broken very old one
This is the worst that any decent business can sink to. Stealing from their own customers. I can only guess how i would have reacted to something like this.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:59   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This is the worst that any decent business can sink to. Stealing from their own customers. I can only guess how i would have reacted to something like this.
With fistfights ? Well, this has been proven again and again Skoda Indias dealers are cheats and company doesnt give a damn about dealers or its customers.

Harish, your lawsuit can be the only thing which can make this company realise that it is here for customers.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:11   #1960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.....my brand new alloy wheels swapped with some old rusted normal wheels. The music system was swapped with a broken very old one and luckily I had pics of my interiors clicked a day before delivering it to them.
the skoda head office was "It is your fight with the authorized dealer. Dont involve us in this"....

This is really unbelievable satix7!

Please do create a NEW thread about your experience with Skoda, and do add all the information/details and pictures as well (if you can).

Since Skoda doesn't seem to be doing anything for their customers, the least we could do is warn their prospective customers.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2009 at 13:13.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:47   #1961
Distinguished - BHPian

@Satix, this is the pits.

Looks like we should we should honor Skoda & it's dealers the dubious honor of having a dedicated sub-forum for them here.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:45   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
With fistfights ?
Why not !

Seriously, I would have given a police complaint in the first place. Theft is covered under the CRPC, not the Consumer Protection Act.
Old 30th June 2009, 16:07   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

my skoda had the most number of thefts/swaps possible while getting serviced in India. We wrote about 124 letters and number of phone calls to have it checked but no one even bothered to reply. I have hard copies of forgery by dealership too. My car was forcibly delivered home when i refused to take my car with my brand new alloy wheels swapped with some old rusted normal wheels.
Sure disgrace Skoda. Your after sales is not bad, its non existent.
@Satix: What do you mean by saying that the car was forcibly delivered at home when you refused to take delivery? Are you saying that they left your car at home without taking your signature on the delivery challan/work order/invoice?
Is there any reason why you did not file a police complaint when they stole your accessories?
Was there any other dispute between you and the dealer that could explain the stealing of parts by the dealer? For example: You refused to pay up for some work claimed to have been done by the dealer earlier.

Either ways, with so many horror stories about this particular brand, I'm wondering how long will customers continue to patronize them.
Old 30th June 2009, 17:57   #1964

Phew !! I'm speechless. I can't think of anything to say, that has not been spoken about in this thread in detail. It took me about 3 days to read through all the posts here and I can't sympathize enough with all the people who have been wronged by this disgraceful manufacturer. I say disgraceful, not because of the cars they make, but the self-destructing attitude they have put up on display in so many horrific instances that have been brought out for all of us BHPians to read and comment. I wonder if things have gone beyond any redemption for Skoda. I do not think Skoda will compensate Harish, Kapiljolly or for that matter, anyone who has had a traumatic experience with them- At least, not on their own accord. I don't want to be seen as jumping the gun here, but when they are directed by the court to compensate (i genuinely hope that to be the final verdict) and when it is all settled, I'm not sure it would do much to assuage the frustration and anger of those who have had to deal with this. Not to mention, the everlasting negative impression created on car enthusiasts like me. I'd rather invest in a Bullock cart than on a Skoda.

To close out on a positive note, I feel proud to be a BHPian. The initiative taken by the Mods & team just underscores a well known fact that T- BHP is truly for the people, by the people. Keep up the good job! and lets not forget, god helps those who help themselves.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:12   #1965
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I say disgraceful, not because of the cars they make, but the self-destructing attitude they have put up on display in so many horrific instances that have been brought out for all of us BHPians to read and comment
Now that's a summary. "Superb" cars but such a pathetic attitude that no one dare go close.

@ Satix : We look forward to your thread with documentation + pictures (if possible).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks