Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 21:34   #2011
BHPian

Feel sorry for the poor souls who have gone ahead with their Skodas. Am sure their ownership experience would be greatly "enhanced" after the first couple of visits to their A.S.S

Their decent engines can drive them forward only so much...

Last edited by sanjayatarizona : 8th July 2009 at 21:35.
Old 9th July 2009, 00:47   #2012
BANNED

Quote:
The only way Skoda will feel the pinch is drastically reduced sales, which makes it unviable for them to operate in India only then will they do something it seems.
Or is Skoda already finding it difficult to break-even on sell of cars that they have to charge exorbitant amount (4-5 times other comparable car MFRs) for seemingly cheaper spares
Old 12th July 2009, 22:45   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think Skoda in their stupidity have let things drag on for too long. there are two parts to the issue:

1. The dealer Nummer Eins tried to cheat Harish. I think this is agreed by Skoda indirectly by cancelling the dealership.

2. Harish at least deserves prompt reestitution. This will be fixing of his problem with a possible replacement of his vehicle, and an apology. This I just cannot understand why Skoda is not doing.
Sir it is just that skoda has taken it as a personal issue with regards to their prestige they can settle it out of court with harish but i guess they have more money power to hold...so why dont they use that Vitamin-M in getting harishs car getting replaced rather paying for court dates. Just because its more of a prestige issue now for SKODA thats it

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
You find this statement damaging? So, comparatively, how damaging would you find an incident where a family met with an accident due to spurious brake discs installed by the dealer and barely managed to survive?

Are you trying to say that this was an isolated case? What would you have to say if I give you a list of 200 people from Rishikesh to Trivandrum with major grievances ??

I thought so. But you did.

Buddy, you have no clue about owning and experiencing one.
Sidmeer i guess you are geting the conversation much hotter are you employed at SKODA if not then its very good if yes better try searching for a job at better brand for a better future as SKODA'S is not gonna have a good time in the next coming years the 10/10 wont make any success stories off which sales of FABIA SUPER HATCH, NEW LAURA & NEW SUPERB
will tell all stories and i guess people who are more auto-enthusiaits know what i am talking about.

Last edited by ajmat : 13th July 2009 at 12:53.
Old 12th July 2009, 23:04   #2014
BHPian

I guess that SKODA is not really interested to update indian customers hence they just are updating their OCTAVIA with new car LAURA internationally which is obsolete OCTAVIA & now new LAURA & SUPERB which is to be obsolete in the international markets plua with FABIA they have their under powered thirsty petrol guzzler old engine the better version 1.4 discontinued why? Why not an updated engine for diesel? why does an Fabia with a/c switched on has vibrations outside the car like an old AMBY TAXI in kolkata? Do they have an answer for it, its just that people who are leaving skoda are also telling the darker side of skoda. Friends check out for executives of top/middle/lower level at other outlets who have worked at skoda outlets and they will help you with the darker side.

("By gods grace i have got info. from 2 persons so left out on LAURA & FABIA right from the dealers point and special thanks to harishv for that")
Old 12th July 2009, 23:19   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit_jain_usa View Post
Sir it is just that skoda has taken it as a personal issue with regards to their prestige they can settle it out of court with harish but i guess they have more money power to hold...so why dont they use that Vitamin-M in getting harishs car getting replaced rather paying for court dates. Just because its more of a prestige issue now for SKODA thats it
Actually I don't think its a prestige issue either. Individuals have prestige issues. But if you were boss of Skoda, would you really care if one unknown harishv won a new car? Of course not! Its not personal you see. Its Skoda (a place where you work, no more) against another unknown individual. A corporate boss has no reason to care which way it goes. He's there to sell cars, that's it. Where does his ego come in?

I really don't know what the real issue is but if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say Skoda chose some really horrible dealers initially who created havoc. Now individuals at various levels in Skoda fell into the plot one by one till a majority of the corporate structure knows about this and is involved in it. No single person can stop it now either. It will take some real intervention from the parent company in the Czech Republic to fix this but it appears they have enough problems with the recession to bother about us Indians.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 12th July 2009 at 23:20.
Old 14th July 2009, 04:43   #2016
BHPian

Marikkar motors skoda dealership, quality

How do you rate the quality of after sales service of skoda's at Marikkar motors in kerala, especially in Thrissur and Ernakulam.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:36   #2017
BHPian

had heard of this one issue about marrikar.

Doubt regarding year of manufacture and CMVR Cirtificate date | General Discussions | Car Forums - CarWale.com
Old 14th July 2009, 12:16   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMeer View Post
Hi,

I have read a few pages of this topic. While I do feel for the parties that have had bad service and are not being given justice I feel that some members are being unjust and defaming Skoda India.

Friend,
Please go through the entire posts rather than "a few pages" before making such sweeping statements. If you had taken a look at the poll and the title thread, you would have a got a basic idea what this thread is about. The man has been fighting for a cause for about one and a half years. The least you can do is spare a few hours to go through all the posts in this thread and further take a look at the root cause why this thread was started:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html

And further take a look here also.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...see-sense.html

You are completely entitled to your opinion. That is what this forum is about, but don't you think it would be better if you have all the information on hand prior to making statements and have a solid base for you accusations?

I don't know Harish nor do I plan on meeting him anytime soon. Come to think about it, I dont even know a single BHPian personally. But when I see a fellow citizen taken for a ride by someone and when he tries to speak up, uses financial muscle to stanglehold him, I HAVE to stand behind the man and give him a hand, simply because of this:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist. Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not protest;
I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me.

The only thought gnawing at my conscience is I have nothing to offer Harish, except my wishes.

If you have gone through the thread started by Harish, you can see for yourself the cold, hard proof. For me, it is convincing enough and by the responses of other members, I guess they too are convinced regarding the blood, or in this case, oil, on Skoda's hands. Either that or Harish is the king of con artists.

PS: I dont own a Skoda nor can I afford one. Heck, I havn't even sat in one yet. I dont even personally know someone who owns a Skoda.

Note: Sorry Harish, mods, and GTO for going way off topic, but I simply had to respond.

Last edited by darklord : 14th July 2009 at 12:18.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:04   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
I remained silent;
I remained silent;
I did not protest;
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,
+100. Very thoughful response. Many of us can't help Harish or others who have faced the problem with Skoda in any tangible way, but atleast we can wish him good luck and fair conclusion of his issues with Skoda.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:17   #2020
BHPian

I have been following this thread even before I joined T-BHP. I am a proud Skoda owner for the past 2 years and I haven't had a pluffy sour experience with Skoda A.S.S so far.

I've gotten away with the bad A.S.S due to the special registration number on my car (Actually it's my dad's car), which bears a political insignia as well Asset Motor's in Pune won't dare touch anything that isn't broken and will be humble the moment the car enters their service station. No questions asked.

This is not a done deal for common men (This includes me as well ). But if your car carries enough political pressure, you may get away as well, there is no need to get down to a point where you have to worry about your car while it's being (properly) serviced.

I think we common people with generic registration numbers and genuine EMI payers are easy targets for all of this s**t

Moral of the Story: If you want good Skoda A.S.S - Spend an extra Rs. 1.5 lacs to get a special registration number. Stick a political insignia on it ... LOL!!!
Old 15th July 2009, 00:48   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
How do you rate the quality of after sales service of skoda's at Marikkar motors in kerala, especially in Thrissur and Ernakulam.
Marikkar's Skoda dealerships in Kerala are not as notorious as the ones elsewhere who caused the creation of this thread. But, be very careful. If anything does go wrong, don't expect the parent company to help you in any way.
ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2009, 08:29   #2022
BHPian

Quote:

I remained silent;
I remained silent;
I did not protest;
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,
@ Darklord - one of the most moving posts I have come across in this forum; hats off for this and for quoting Martin Niemoller First they came... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The raison d'être for Team BHP as I see it is to speak up for and support the car owning community. I am a beneficiary of the support I received from fellow members when I was in trouble with the same manufacturer. Fellow BHPians could as well have said, "it's your problem dude, not mine"

Cheers,
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:00   #2023
BHPian

Quote:
Friend,
I guess they too are convinced regarding the blood, or in this case, oil, on Skoda's hands.
that make sense. .

felt like seeing a scene from the movie "Bharathchandran IPS" on reading your reply. ( Just kidding bro.)

Glad that you shared your motospirit.Its a very sensible and well crafted reply.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:44   #2024
Senior - BHPian

day before i saw a very much frustrated skoda laura owner. looking at him i felt he was from political back ground or some dada admi.
his fat wife and one more person wearing full white kurta were pushing the car from behind. no wonder the skoda laura was stalled. he was right in front of the skoda shoowroom at wakad, pune.
i just asked him in marathi , does your car always stalls like this, his reply was,
" jam waitag ahe hi gadi mhanje, pandhra hatti ahe, sarkhi nahi band padat pan hi tisri wel ahe"

he said owning a skoda is like having a white elephant as pet. the car doesnt stall regularly but this is only the 3rd time
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:20   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
I've gotten away with the bad A.S.S due to the special registration number on my car (Actually it's my dad's car), which bears a political insignia as well Asset Motor's in Pune won't dare touch anything that isn't broken and will be humble the moment the car enters their service station. No questions asked.

This is not a done deal for common men (This includes me as well ).

Moral of the Story: If you want good Skoda A.S.S - Spend an extra Rs. 1.5 lacs to get a special registration number. Stick a political insignia on it ... LOL!!!
Is this the solution ? I mean if this is the treatment given to so called common man, then I think the common man has realized he is not a joker and hence the case.
If a politicians car is serviced very well, then its further shameful for the entire country about the discrimination. Sorry to say but if the public servant's car is serviced better than the common man, its pure disaster awaiting this country.

Coming back on topic, the silence from Skoda's side is revealing that they are indeed at fault and are not making efforts to solve the issue. Its know to us that they are aware of this thread and the cases reported. So how can they remain silent ?

There is something wrong with Skoda's policies and the entire corporate structure then.
A small incident regarding Skoda servicing or problem with product.
Due to poor administration from GTU, I had to visit A'bad in sort of emergency. While coming back, it had rained well in A'bad and on expresshighway it was raining like hell. Visibility was around 10 mtrs. I was doing 60 kmph in Baleno.
Almost ran over a man who was standing in the rain in middle of expresshighway and asking for help. Why ? His Skoda Laura stalled. No water wading, just heavy rain, still it stalled. Asked him about the car and he said after repair the car will be sold even at Rs. 1 lakh. This was the 2nd time his car suffered from breakdown. Fortunately he was alone in the car. Gave him my mobile phone for calling assistance ( his battery was down, he was just asking for somebody to help him make a call ). Left after that. Car was 22K kms and was used as highway car.

My point is, this problem of reliability ( due to either engineering or poor service ) is not limited to some particular region, but its all over the country. The car is seriously not old enough to suffer from breakdown.

Frankly speaking, Skoda is losing an excellent opportunity. The lack of diesels from Japanese brands in 10-20 lakh sedan category is something Skoda can exploit well. They are the only manufacturer offering diesels. Optra is now not in the race. Lost opportunity I would say. Cruze is all set to take over the lead from Skoda in diesel segment.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 22nd July 2009 at 15:22.

Most Viewed