Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 08:27   #2041
BHPian

this came in today

from xxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxx>
to Harish Kanchan <harishk63@gmail.com>
date Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM
subject Complaint on Skoda servicing
mailed-by dataone.in
hide details 7:42 PM (12 hours ago)

Dear Mr.Harish,
Thank you very much for talking to me this morning about the irresponsible service done on my Skoda.As I told you I have given it for the routine Servicing on 23-7-2009 to Marikar Engineers and as per their Pre-Order sheet the expected date of Delivery and time was shown as 23-7-2009 at 3 P.M. and the estimate of the work was shown as Rs 7,500-00 as Oil changing, Door handle check up, Check horn, Wiper Blade changing, and checking tyre pressure.At about 3 PM the Advisor contacted me and told that the work is over and I may collect the vehicle back after paying a sum of Rs 7,200-00.

I reached the Workshop at about 4-30 and after some time I have seen my vehicle coming out of a shed without water washing the exterior.The Advisor told me that only the water washing is left and the vehicle will be ready in 15 minutes. At about 6-15, while I was waiting in the visitors' room the Advisor came to me and told me that the vehicle had a break down while trial run was done and they were not able to bring back the vehicle without towing.He promised me that it will be delivered to my home on 24-7-2009.Since then I had been contacting them over phone several times and they told me that the Skoda Engineer from Bangalore has to come and inspect the vehicle.

On 5-8-2009 I have personally gone to the Workshop with an Automobile Engineer and saw the Engine removed from the vehicle. In the Engine Room, they showed the Engine fully open with the Piston and other things removed from the Engine. The Engineer, after inspecting the dismantled parts told me that the Engine was ceased as the trial run was done without oil and hence the parts like pistons, connecting rods, bearing etc got damaged.
On 6-8-2009, I have received an e mail from Hariram the Asst Manager Service saying that "we have inspected the vehicle and observed Pistons, Connecting rods, oil seals, bearing gaskets etc. needed replacement and the work will cost me Approximately Rs 1,20,000-00 and they were awaiting for my approval to start the work.

On 7-8-2009, I have got a email from Mr Rahul Kulkarni of the Customer Care at Skoda Bangalore apologising for the inconveniece caused to me.He has also promsed me that Mr.Hari Ram of Marikar will co ordinate with me for the further resolution of the matter.He has not conta cted me till this time.

In the meantime, I have already sent a letter to Skoda, Aurangabad on 30th July 2009 describing the whole incident and requesting them to reslove the problem immediately and pay the taxi fare from 24th July till the problem is resolved . I have not so far received any reply from them.
On 5th August 2009, I have again sent letters to Mr.Thomas Kuel, Director, Sales and Marketing, Mr.Sanjay Mundade, Director, Commercial Affairs and Jean Marie Lajey, M.D.Technical Affairs for which also I have not received any reply so far.

Kindly let me know the future course of action to be done.Thank you very much for spending your valuable time.

Regards,
xxxxxxxxx
Old 9th August 2009, 08:41   #2042
Senior - BHPian

From the email I understand that the owner gave the car for service on 23-7-09. Bill was Rs. 7,200.
The dealership ofcourse messed up.

23-7-09 : Car given for regular service. Ordeal starts.
Engine breakdown during trial run reported to owner as just a breakdown.
Promise made for delivery on 24-7-09.

5-8-09 : Owner visits the service center only to find out that the engine was opened with out his consent.
6-8-09 : Bill of Rs. 1.2 lakh.

Now how come they opened the engine without asking the customer ? Isn't that ridiculous ?

And they have audacity to inform the owner the next day that he has to pay Rs. 1.2 lakh for repairs.
The owner did the good thing by visiting the service center with another automobile engineer as he realized that the car has suffered the engine failure as it did not have oil.

Its getting worse day by day. These are not small things and they have actually worked on the engine after removing it.
I am shocked to read this.
Old 9th August 2009, 09:35   #2043
Senior - BHPian

Trial run without engine oil?!? So if he had taken delivery of that car without washing, it would've had no oil in it's sump. When it ceases minutes later, it would be on his head. Is Skoda going to pay for the engine rebuilt bill?
Old 9th August 2009, 09:35   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Ok now I'm convinced. Skoda has lost the plot completely.
Old 9th August 2009, 09:41   #2045
Team-BHP Support

Oh my god this takes the cake. They would obviously charge you for Synthetic oil but they never put any in.

Okay so there's no oil, then the car should show a low oil lamp. The on board trip computer should also show this on the display. Then why go for a trial run???
Old 9th August 2009, 12:34   #2046
Team-BHP Support

Just when I thought it could not get worse....

What the hell, can't we do ANYTHING against this fraud company ? Poor fellow !
Old 9th August 2009, 13:05   #2047
Senior - BHPian

It seems Skoda really does not care. This is now amply evident from this new episode. I think Skoda takes the cake for the WORST automobile company in India with regards to sales service & customer care. I dont think it can get any worse than this.
Old 9th August 2009, 13:22   #2048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Oh my god this takes the cake. They would obviously charge you for Synthetic oil but they never put any in.

Okay so there's no oil, then the car should show a low oil lamp. The on board trip computer should also show this on the display. Then why go for a trial run???
The lower skoda's do not have this. In any case, no one looked at the oil pressure light. These guys have no feelings. Looks like they drained the oil and forgot to refill.

Happened once in the UK to my uncle's Merc (which used to be mine). They forgot to put the sump plug in. However, they put a new engine in, no qibble, nothing
Old 9th August 2009, 13:32   #2049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
mailed-by dataone.in

Dear Mr.Harish,
Thank you very much for talking to me this morning about the irresponsible service done on my Skoda.As I told you I have given it for the routine Servicing on 23-7-2009 to Marikar Engineers and as per their Pre-Order sheet the expected date of Delivery and time was shown as 23-7-2009 at 3 P.M. and the estimate of the work was shown as Rs 7,500-00 as Oil changing, Door handle check up, Check horn, Wiper Blade changing, and checking tyre pressure.At about 3 PM the Advisor contacted me and told that the work is over and I may collect the vehicle back after paying a sum of Rs 7,200-00.
I must confess to feeling very upset (read very angry) after reading this. Just putting myself in this owner's shoes and seeing my car's engine being stripped apart after it seized after being driven without oil. I am shocked and sympathise with the owner.

And there are people in this country who continue to patronise this crappy company and buy its products. When will we folks ever learn?

Rgds,
Old 9th August 2009, 14:20   #2050
Distinguished - BHPian

Dealer destroyers engine through incompetence and then tries to charge customer for repair!

If some back-street mechanic did this, he would probably just get beaten to pulp.

This is a joke. A very, very sick, very, very nasty joke.

The only proper resolution is a huge apology, an undertaking to replace the engine with a new (genuine, of course) unit (who wants a rebuilt engine?) and the free supply of a loan car whilst that is organised and done.

That would be action of a quality dealer of a quality manufacturer.

Has skoda got any quality?
Old 9th August 2009, 14:34   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
mailed-by dataone.in
marikkar Cochin? I think the exact service center name should be mentioned here as it would give them some good publicity.

This happened to my pulsar too. But the bike had some very less oil instead or nill. So it didnt seize. Its still running with unbelievably high NVH. Ofcourse they didnt do anything to compensate.
Old 9th August 2009, 14:39   #2052
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Wow, what nerve! You'd think that with the public eye on them, they'd atleast make an effort to look good. Kudos Mr. Harish, I've been watching the whole thing from the sidelines from the day you posted about your own Skoda, and I cannot fathom how Skoda can keep doing all this till today. While the Indian Justice system has its faults, I still believe in it and I know that when the day comes, Skoda will be dealt with severely.

More than anything though, is your remarkable spirit to fight not just for yourself, but for every Skoda owner in this country. Good luck in the fight and do post here if you want/need numbers on your side, I'm sure every TBHPian will show up wherever you want us to.
Old 9th August 2009, 14:52   #2053
Team-BHP Support

The Skoda dealer charges the customer for the oil change which they didn't do. Then they take it for trial run, without the oil, thus seizing engine. Then they want approval from the customer for 1.2L worth of repairs for fixing the damage.

Bravo Skoda!
Old 9th August 2009, 15:04   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Skoda seems to be the most shameless, insensitive company I have ever heard about.
THey way they carry on with their horrible ways of treating the customers is sickening.

When I used to see people driving Skodas I used to envy them, today I feel sad for them.
Old 9th August 2009, 20:41   #2055
BHPian

The car quality of Skoda used to be the biggest joke in the world till VW took them over and improved the quality. It seems now that old habits die hard and the joke has now shifted to customer service quality and customer handling.

I fail to understand as to how they select such rogues for dealers, what is the quality and level of their dealer training and above all do they have any system at all of monitoring customer complaints and dealer's behaviour / after sales service practices.

Skoda is on the way to a fate worse than what FIAT faced earlier and it will also drag VW India with it. Story does not seem better with Audi also with somebody reporting waiting period for parts upto 4 months. Porsche enjoys the reputation of having the most expensive spares in the country. The whole VW group seems to be rotten.

If the group has any business sense left then they should overhaul their entire operations at the earliest, starting with sacking the total management of Skoda India.

Most Viewed