Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 20:47   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Skoda's problem seems to be them letting their dealers run rampant because of the huge success they enjoyed during launch. The middle management is fully corrupt and the upper management and people from VW don't know what the heck is going on in the ground.

Porsche just became a part of VW and they are an ultra low volume ultra high premium fully imported niche player. They are, for all intents and purposes, not part of this fiasco.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:11   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
And there are people in this country who continue to patronise this crappy company and buy its products. When will we folks ever learn?
I am myself surprised by the success of Superb. The car is great, but the company Skoda does not deserve such sales IMHO. I am sure that not all are getting good, sorry acceptable service from Skoda. A very bad situation for the end user then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That would be action of a quality dealer of a quality manufacturer.
Has skoda got any quality?
Dont you think that our system is to be blamed too ? Our system is one of the major factors the corrupt dealers still existing. In any other developed country, things would have been sorted out with well deserved punishments.
And if Skoda had any knowledge over quality, I think cases like Harish's case would have been solved by now. This thread was started by GTO in end of march 2009. That too after an instigating threat. They could have done a lot in 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
I think the exact service center name should be mentioned here as it would give them some good publicity.
Its Marikar Engineers. Mentioned in the post by Harish.
Quote:
Dear Mr.Harish,
.As I told you I have given it for the routine Servicing on 23-7-2009 to Marikar Engineers and as per their
Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Skoda is on the way to a fate worse than what FIAT faced earlier and it will also drag VW India with it. Story does not seem better with Audi also with somebody reporting waiting period for parts upto 4 months. Porsche enjoys the reputation of having the most expensive spares in the country. The whole VW group seems to be rotten.
A couple of months ago, I would not agree with you but now I do agree with you.
Q7 lower arms cost around Rs. 2.80+ lakh. Source is ACI in their spare part cost comparison, march 2009 issue, page 138.
Porsche is also expensive but no quality issues are reported. So that can be deducted from the list.
And there is a thread here on TBHP about spare part waiting list. Never heard of such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Skoda's problem seems to be them letting their dealers run rampant because of the huge success they enjoyed during launch.
The middle management is fully corrupt,the upper management and people from VW don't know what the heck is going on in the ground.
Porsche just became a part of VW and they are an ultra low volume ultra high premium fully imported niche player. They are, for all intents and purposes, not part of this fiasco.
IMHO, although their sales are falling, the recent success of Superb is good enough. The car is good, no doubt and it will take a bit more time for others to realize about A.S & S. I am sure there are very few loyal buyers for Skoda now. Maruti dealers also have success but not this low level of attitude that is implemented with accuracy.
The fact is that Skoda India did meet TBHP mods. They had sufficient time to improve if at all they were serious in overhauling their management. Fact is that Skoda is ignoring all these complains.
We will have to wait and watch about Porsche. Also they have less volumes as compared to Audi, VW or Skoda and hence they manage better IMHO.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th August 2009 at 21:15. Reason: Trying to make post smaller
Old 9th August 2009, 21:19   #2058
BHPian

How much more time and money should go down the drain before we kick this worthless company (Skoda) out of India?

As an Indian, I feel very ashamed that we still tolerate this company and rogue dealers.

Isn't it time that we as a community launch a nation-wide campaign against Skoda? Just discussing this here wont help.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 9th August 2009 at 21:21.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:28   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its Marikar Engineers. Mentioned in the post by Harish.
Marikar Engineers are the sole dealers for Skoda all over Kerala and they have several branches. So a more specific location would be helpful.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:41   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Marikar Engineers

Quote:
KOCHI-KALAMASSERY
Marikar Engineers Pvt Ltd
IV/389 , Eloor Road,
North Kalamassery,
Kochi – 683104
Ph : 0484-4038666
Email :service1@marikarengineers.com
.................................................. ..............
Contact Person

Mr.Hariram
Manager - Service
hari.ram@marikarengineers.com
Mob:97449 13329
This is assuming he has not been transferred or something
Old 9th August 2009, 21:42   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am myself surprised by the success of Superb. The car is great, but the company Skoda does not deserve such sales IMHO.
Well for one, it could be insufficient knowledge about Skoda A.S.S., though you'd expect a guy spending that kind of money to do his research.

But more importantly, the Superb is leagues ahead of its competition. It is a really rotten scenario for the buyer because you can go with the safe boring options or the exciting but dangerous one. Its like gambling but with better odds; if you find a good dealer, you've probably got a fantastic deal, far far better than anything else for the same money, and if you don't you're in deep deep poo. Not an easy choice at all.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:52   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
A couple of months ago, I would not agree with you but now I do agree with you.
Q7 lower arms cost around Rs. 2.80+ lakh. Source is ACI in their spare part cost comparison, march 2009 issue, page 138.
Porsche is also expensive but no quality issues are reported. So that can be deducted from the list.
And there is a thread here on TBHP about spare part waiting list. Never heard of such a thing.

IMHO, although their sales are falling, the recent success of Superb is good enough. The car is good, no doubt and it will take a bit more time for others to realize about A.S & S. I am sure there are very few loyal buyers for Skoda now. Maruti dealers also have success but not this low level of attitude that is implemented with accuracy.
The fact is that Skoda India did meet TBHP mods. They had sufficient time to improve if at all they were serious in overhauling their management. Fact is that Skoda is ignoring all these complains.
We will have to wait and watch about Porsche. Also they have less volumes as compared to Audi, VW or Skoda and hence they manage better IMHO.
The same ACI issue mentions on page 136 that Porsche line up is in a league of its own, even routine parts can cost a bomb and Porsche 997 Turbo's total price basket at Rs 19,42,402 is highest in the entire spare parts guide.

For Audi spares waiting time, please refer to

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-discount.html

Though our legal system is faulty, but that does not absolve a manufacturer from his dealer's malpractices. It is his primary duty to enforce ethical business practices on its staff and dealers.

Skoda must also realise that they make better cars than most manufacturers in India. But better sales will happen only if A.S.S. is also better. A major factor in Maruti's market leadership is their better service setup which is affordable, reliable and easily available.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:53   #2063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dont you think that our system is to be blamed too ? Our system is one of the major factors the corrupt dealers still existing. In any other developed country, things would have been sorted out with well deserved punishments.
Yes, I do.. absolutely.

I am also painfully aware of the reputation of the motor trade in my mother country, although things have improved with regulation and legislation in recent years. It is not just India, but perhaps some other countries are doing a better job of curing some of the ills.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:56   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Dude, leave Porsche out of it. How much do you think parts for a similar car with a crore+ price tag will cost? This thread is about cars which sell hundreds of units a month as opposed to single digits a year.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 9th August 2009 at 21:58.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:03   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Marikar Engineers

This is assuming he has not been transferred or something
Just spoke to the gentleman. You are right. Cochin it is.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:04   #2066
BANNED

i would like to thank all the guys for this piece of info regarding the marikar!! fellows!! both the Skodas in my family go to these marikar fellows in kerala. i will keep an eye out for any dubious activities!!.

and by the way rebuilding a skoda is only 1.2lakhs? its way more than that since almost the same amount came for a hyundai!! ( with a Peugeot diesel engine inside it! but then again it was run for 3.75 lakh kms. ( run as a taxi!)

just a general doubt to the kerala guys in the forum. which all marikars in kerala are safe?? please answer that one in ekm and thrissur are safe!!?

PS. yes sir i read it!! jesus i should call them up now. and to think of it i persuaded them inspite of my dad telling them to go for a hyundai sonata!!.

@ immortalz what about thrissur. is it ok?

Last edited by Thomas8700 : 9th August 2009 at 22:12.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:06   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Well, as harish pointed out in the post just above you, it's the Cochin dealership that pulled this off.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:11   #2068
Team-BHP Support

Porsche is not operationally part of VW yet so it is premature to lump them together
Old 9th August 2009, 22:32   #2069
Senior - BHPian

I think drpullockaran's lawyer might be of some help. He's in cochin, and has been fighting a winning so far fight against Tata for his junkindica

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th August 2009 at 22:33.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:54   #2070
BHPian

greenie, how old is that case again? Who is going to pay the EMI's in the meantime?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks