Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 14:40   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am not renewing my OD subscription anymore.
I also wonder why there should be a subscription given the number of ads and latent promotion in guise of articles they should distribute FOC like Ad-Mag or free-ads on traffic signals.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:19   #2087
BHPian

All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Well, as harish pointed out in the post just above you, it's the Cochin dealership that pulled this off.
I think all of them (Marikar motors) are about the same. What more can you expect when the top management is the same everywhere? 4 or 5 years back when I joined the forum (when Skoda was doing great according to others), I had written about their attitude problem, lack of TD cars, their mechanics who are used to repairing Ambassador cars etc, at their TVM dealership and which forced me to go for the Chevrolet Optra 1.8. I still don't have any regrets going for the Petrol engine and enjoying my journey called life with absolutely 0 problems even after 5 years.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:42   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Which is something we as consumers should stand up against.
If i get ripped off today and do nothing about it, someone else is sure to get ripped off again tomorrow.

Well Thomas8700, as Navin said, Skoda has a LESS than ONE-Percent market share.

It was 0.86x% at the time when we met with representatives from Skoda, YET look at the sheer NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS!

Where?
Well take a look at this ever-growing list from post #2 of this thread :

This is no "one-off" incident that we are making a big deal about. Its clearly a wide-scale and consistent problem.

Do you even see 1/4th as many complaints for companies like Maruti, Tata, Hyndai etc who all have 14-40% market share? I think not.

Thats the reason we are spreading the word here, to warn prospective customers and to help current customers....

...like you, as it turns out a few posts later ---->

cya
R
You said it ! Rehaan and Navin. Thomas87XXX replied to my post. I not want to comment on an immature statement, start debating it and help convey a mixed message to others. I kept quiet and knew for sure that Thomas87xxxx would get what he is asking for, from the other thoughtful members here.

Just like our stinking politicians who are lost, confused, leading a life not knowing the reason behind their own very existence, not knowing where they are heading to or what they are doing.......some people just don't get it & never learn too.....Do they? Maybe he needs to wise up and read the "quote" mentioned by "darklord" in this thread again.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...users-135.html.

He should understand that there is no "I" in a TEAM
, and stand with the team for one cause!

But then again, I may be wrong because...... " Everyone is entitled to choose whatever he wants...." & Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else and not me !
Old 11th August 2009, 21:54   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Wonder if Autocar is paid by Skoda to keep this down. There are no clear references to Skoda A.S.S. by Autocar. They claim its poor but then again, they say that about Fiat too. And Fiat, is an angel in terms of A.S.S. in comparison.
Quote:
Both ACI and OD have long term test vehicles with them nowadays yet I have never heard them crib about after sales service of any of their long term test cars. How is that happening? Didn't OD have a long term Octavia VRs few years back?
I am not renewing my OD subscription anymore.
I used to read AutoIndia ( costed rs. 15 ). June-July ( June was autoindia anniversary ) 1999 ( 6th anniversary issue ) of Auto India was combined. Cover page was Tata Indigo and it had buyers' guide. This was the period when I was deeply respecting Hormazd Sorabjee.
September 99 came out ACI. Initially it was good with very knowledgeable articles.
Similarly, OD is nothing but a glorified car and bike.

I agree that I am still buying ACI, but the quality has gone down. They are great at names too as well as the spare part study attracts me. But I have feeling that ACI is not covering the problem of Skoda with transparency. They claim its bad, but its here that I really came to know how bad it is. And helped a few by informing them about this disaster A.S & S. of Skoda.

TBHP is not funded by any manufacturer and this means TBHP is the place where we have maximum number of issues of Skoda and even some of Maruti and Hyundai. But the same is not true about the mags. Rememeber how LInea was crowned Car of the year even before it came out ?

And there is no reason why one should knock thier door to get help. They will not help and even if they do, its half hearted effort. Although they claim that they have solved issues in AAA, from the past few months I am able to notice that ACI is out of cases. An ATV was covered and off late nothing serious is coming up in that section.

OD did have VRs and it was driven by Yogendra pratap. Both OD and ACI are not reporting problems. Either they are getting genuinely great service or they have gone way too much commercial.

I have too stopped reading OD since more than one year ago. AJD has left and come up with zig wheels. Yogendra pratap is with AutoBild ( a disaster of a mag ).

The main reason why I am more on TBHP than on any other automotive mag is the highest level of honesty we have here. Automags in India are now getting worthless.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 11th August 2009 at 21:59.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:17   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Agree one hundred percent with you aggoswami. ATV problems? Get real ACI, you're a car mag. I had commented about that earlier too. But the worst part is that ACI is easily the richest and most widely read mag but still don't want to expose the dirty side of our industry. I used to be a really avid reader but now I find that its only useful for the good photography (they still have class topping photographers) and travelouges. The reviews are mostly let-downs and the F1 section is a joke. Sorry about going OT
Old 11th August 2009, 23:40   #2091
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Both ACI and OD have long term test vehicles with them nowadays yet I have never heard them crib about after sales service of any of their long term test cars. How is that happening? Didn't OD have a long term Octavia VRs few years back?
The long term cars belong to the manufacturer most of the times. Obviously when the car goes for service they will know it is OD or ACI car and will get the best after sales service possible.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:55   #2092
BHPian

No one takes a hacksaw and saws his only stream of revenue (advertisement revenue) the auto magazine industry in India is yet fair to certain commercial extent.

On the other hand ACI is yet unique, they have retained the Haymarket parentage, unlike a lot of other magazines in India. they will post it as square as possible to peg the revenue hole.

Try and get hold of an american audiophile magazine and see the level of the scam, not going Off topic, however there is a FAR degree of bias built into reviews and industry launch coverage.

Please ask yourselves a question at the end of this, do you really intend to hack off the hand which feeds you ?
Old 11th August 2009, 23:57   #2093
BHPian

Bit of idle time well spent.

I had some spare time and went into the posts made by TeamBHP members who voted NO in this poll. I always wondered how anyone could vote NO in this post. Then agains its a democracy but still!!! It makes real interesting reading when you go through their posts. I mean their answers and the voting pattern. Something is fishy. Either the server is playing up or the "NO"voters have got some rethinking to do or the rest of us 99.9% are war mongers.

Would appreciate if the moderators could assimilate in one page the "NO" sayers posts on this thread and the reasons why they voted "NO".
Old 12th August 2009, 00:20   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
from xxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxx>
to Harish Kanchan <harishk63@gmail.com>
date Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM
subject Complaint on Skoda servicing
mailed-by dataone.in
hide details 7:42 PM (12 hours ago)

Dear Mr.Harish,

Kindly let me know the future course of action to be done.Thank you very much for spending your valuable time.

Regards,
xxxxxxxxx
I have made a copy of this post and planning to give it to a friend of mine who is contemplating on buying the new V6 superb. I think this post should be enough to make him run away far from skoda.
Old 12th August 2009, 08:42   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I had some spare time and went into the posts made by TeamBHP members who voted NO in this poll. I always wondered how anyone could vote NO in this post. Then agains its a democracy but still!!! It makes real interesting reading when you go through their posts. I mean their answers and the voting pattern. Something is fishy. Either the server is playing up or the "NO"voters have got some rethinking to do or the rest of us 99.9% are war mongers.

Would appreciate if the moderators could assimilate in one page the "NO" sayers posts on this thread and the reasons why they voted "NO".
I haven't seen the posts of those who voted no but the question is a bit too rhetorical anyway. So perhaps its a little bit of sarcasm going on in the voting.
Old 12th August 2009, 09:55   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I used to read AutoIndia ( costed rs. 15 ). June-July ( June was autoindia anniversary ) 1999 ( 6th anniversary issue ) of Auto India was combined. Cover page was Tata Indigo and it had buyers' guide. This was the period when I was deeply respecting Hormazd Sorabjee.
September 99 came out ACI. Initially it was good with very knowledgeable articles.

I agree that I am still buying ACI, but the quality has gone down.

The main reason why I am more on TBHP than on any other automotive mag is the highest level of honesty we have here. Automags in India are now getting worthless.
Hey Aaggoswami,

I agree with you on this. After a year of despair at how ACI was going, I stopped buying it from June. Sorry for going OT.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:51   #2097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Both ACI and OD have long term test vehicles with them nowadays yet I have never heard them crib about after sales service of any of their long term test cars. How is that happening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I agree that I am still buying ACI, but the quality has gone down...They claim its bad, but its here that I really came to know how bad it is. And helped a few by informing them about this disaster A.S & S. of Skoda.

OD did have VRs and it was driven by Yogendra pratap.

Automags in India are now getting worthless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The long term cars belong to the manufacturer most of the times. Obviously when the car goes for service they will know it is OD or ACI car and will get the best after sales service possible.
Viddy hit the nail on the head. Any long term car held by OD or ACI or anyopne else is known the manufacturer. That car will be babied and they will never see a prblem unless they open their eyes and cover forums like TBHP.

Why, lets be honest here. Skoda (and their dealer Autobahn) probably knows that I am a Moderator on TBHP. They know that I have met the management at Skoda incl Thomas Kuhel. I have few issues with Autobahn-Skoda service. When I call my call is picked up and answered immediately etc.. but I am just one customer. Untill I see evidence that Skoda (and their dealers) are treating all their customers like they do me I cannot consider Skoda for my next car.

Untill cases like Harish's Octy and the Faqbia that was damaged by their dealer Marikar Engineers are resolved I will never have the confidence to buy another Skoda.

Skoda makes some very good cars other than the Fabia introduced in India. Had the Fabia been introduced with it's 1.6L vRS block and 6 speed auto tranny it would have atleast fullfilled a niche well. In it's current state it is neither fuel efficient, does not have an auto box (a la i20) option, nor it is sporty (like the Ritz, Jazz, etc..). It does nothing special (compared to other hatches, it does stay better planted at higher speeds/ and feels better sorted on poor roads) but asks for a premium price. Why? A.S.S - not! Performance - not!
Old 14th August 2009, 16:58   #2098
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I had some spare time and went into the posts made by TeamBHP members who voted NO in this poll. I always wondered how anyone could vote NO in this post. Then agains its a democracy but still!!! It makes real interesting reading when you go through their posts. I mean their answers and the voting pattern. Something is fishy. Either the server is playing up or.....
Drpullockaran,

The mods had been contacted by a couple of the "NO" voters saying that they voted "NO" by mistake - a slip of the finger - so to speak.

cya
R
Old 14th August 2009, 17:35   #2099
Distinguished - BHPian

Two thousand posts later, I wonder if that poll has any meaning any longer.

99.9% of those posts say it all.
Old 14th August 2009, 19:02   #2100
BANNED

what i really dont understand is there is a long case of mishaps reported here. and still when i look at july sales report. skoda superb is leading the accord, the numero uno in that segment for the past many years??.

i finally got my solution. when the car is new and in warranty, the best option is marikar itself. if you have a good relation with them and have the patience to stay at the dealer while car is being serviced, there is no issues. when the car is out of warranty, skoda charges a bomb in spares! . in cochin the best bet is mustang motors. and in trichur its bad boys. many skoda owners themselves told me this solution. they sent their cars with drivers and drivers are always in good relation with the dealer and they are allowed to see what all is done in the car during service!. in fact many of them even know how to do the basic check - ups and minor problem diagnosis in case of emergencies they learned it from the dealers.

these skoda including those in my circle make frequent trips to banglore and chennai and hyderabad in some cases. no issues by cruising at 120-150kmph for hours and hours. Skoda does know how to built a solid car. ( in the case within my circle they are only unhappy with skoda spare parts charges. the headlights in the L&k octavia cost a freakin 17k rs!!)

i still stand by the NO which i voted. skoda is doing good business. i just had a look at the Superb its a car with features worth atleast 35+ lakhs but we are getting a superb car indeed. Skoda is really happy with its sales.

i didnt see any effect of team -bhp at marikar cochin
i have full faith in the relationship with skoda and its dealer in cochin and trissur
by the way i have been responsible more or less for the purchase of 2 skoda octavia one is active/rider and other is L&K. and a Laura. all the three vehicles are doing great. the octavia rider is at 230k kms now. still going good.

so i still stand where i am. skoda is selling a good car and here in cochin and trichur i havent got any hiccups till now.

happy motoring ,
thomas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks