Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 21:17   #2161
BHPian

Phew!! Fabia was in my list of my new car. Thank god I did not go for it. And thank T-BHP. Posting it here just so that Skoda people know that they lost at least one customer in me!!
Old 30th August 2009, 22:27   #2162
BHPian

Slightly OT. I dont have any references of proofs for this but this info is shared by one of my colleague's friend who works for a company which make automotive software like various sensors/ automation units etc. They have Audi and Skoda as customers, among many others.

He says that while Audi screws them to death when they are testing their deliverables, the Skoda on the other hand dont question about anything! He says they accept the software as is. Absolutely any testing. He said he could tell us the loopholes they have left in the software which Skoda doesnt bother to care. He is unaware of the car world outside. But I could relate the incidents here to what he had said long time back.

The quality lies in detail. Therefore I felt.
Old 30th August 2009, 22:37   #2163
Senior - BHPian

You know, when it comes to cars, many things are forgivable. Skoda is not the only brand that is unreliable. They are certainly not the only one with expensive spares. And there are many bad dealers, which is true with some other companies too. All this, while bad, is still tolerable considering the lovely cars they make.

What is absolutely unacceptable is the fake parts being put on and sold as genuine ones. That is well past the line that anyone can tolerate. How on earth can a company possibly do that? Its the worst crime of the lot and is unique, seemingly, to Skoda.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:49   #2164
BANNED

On a sidenote:

Škoda (i.e. the family name of the enterpreneur who bought the firm in 1869) happens to mean also damage or "pity" in Czech. Consequently, "To je škoda" can mean either "It's a pity" or "That's a Skoda".

Source: Who is Skoda?
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:33   #2165
BANNED

Finally at least they have disowned the Roadworx gang...
?koda Auto - Homepage
See the RHS graphic!

In another thread Nummer eins claimed to be a Skoda A$$ and ripped off an innocent member. NE is part of the Roadworx gang.
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:15   #2166
BHPian

Another complaint on Skoda redressed

Here is another Skoda complainant taking Skoda and the dealer to court successfully

Car company told to pay Rs 30,000 - Chandigarh - City - NEWS - The Times of India
Old 5th September 2009, 22:32   #2167
Distinguished - BHPian

I love this one from Skoda. Who is Skoda? What is Skoda? Where is Skoda? Definition of Skoda. Meaning of Skoda.

I quote:

"a new employee on the production line is fitting Škoda badges on the car bonnets. When some 'attractive' cars come along he stands back, not fitting the badge, since they are too good to be Škodas. Some British owners of the Škoda Octavia have even gone as far as to fit VW badges to it, to avoid embarrassment.

Are we Indians the only folks in the world enamoured by this brand? Saw a brand new Skoda Superb today...could not help but feel sorry for the owner. Tch, tch. He's been had.

Cheers!
Old 5th September 2009, 22:46   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I love this one from Skoda. Who is Skoda? What is Skoda? Where is Skoda? Definition of Skoda. Meaning of Skoda.

I quote:

"a new employee on the production line is fitting Škoda badges on the car bonnets. When some 'attractive' cars come along he stands back, not fitting the badge, since they are too good to be Škodas. Some British owners of the Škoda Octavia have even gone as far as to fit VW badges to it, to avoid embarrassment.

Are we Indians the only folks in the world enamoured by this brand? Saw a brand new Skoda Superb today...could not help but feel sorry for the owner. Tch, tch. He's been had.

Cheers!
i think you've misunderstood the above.
they are actually now telling that, before VAG the Skodas were hopeless, but since its ownership transferred to VAG things have changed and now they produce well built and cars enginered to last so much so that they dont deserve the skoda badge (The Skoda Badge from pre 1991 AD) and i
Škoda has been successful in rallying
unquote.
Old 5th September 2009, 22:58   #2169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
i think you've misunderstood the above.
they are actually now telling that, before VAG the Skodas were hopeless, but since its ownership transferred to VAG things have changed and now they produce well built and cars enginered to last so much so that they dont deserve the skoda badge (The Skoda Badge from pre 1991 AD) and i
Škoda has been successful in rallying
unquote.
Nopes I didnt misunderstand it. Just amused by how people used to think of Skodas as a embarrassing brand.

Lets face it, enough nightmarish reports on Skoda and its dealers exist here on TBHP to put off all but the bravest among us. Forget buying one, I wouldnt touch a Skoda with a barge pole. I'd rather go in for a VW.

Rgds,
Old 6th September 2009, 00:38   #2170
Distinguished - BHPian

The clip with the badges came from a UK TV commercial; I remember it well.

Even by that time, VAG group was making desirtable skoda cars; they just wanted to reinforce the point.

Before the VAG takeover, Skoda was a joke, on a par with Lada and Yugo.

No, sorry, nothing was as bad as Yugo!
Old 6th September 2009, 10:52   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Here is another Skoda complainant taking Skoda and the dealer to court successfully

Car company told to pay Rs 30,000 - Chandigarh - City - NEWS - The Times of India
So when the clients are private companies, things get done on a fast track. If I am a common man, I don't get attention. Again attitude problem and lack of uniform policies on customer care which leads to fire fightin' !!
Old 8th September 2009, 10:19   #2172
BHPian

What thread shows the response from Skoda on their letterheads ?
Old 8th September 2009, 14:21   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Skoda Fabia is really struggling to get sales. In a desperate attempt Skoda has resorted to price cutting/ discount strategy. Saw some advertisements in yesterday’s newspapers , I think this price cut strategy will not work as people are now aware of the Skoda’s ordeal with customers.

From Skoda owners perspective a brand having low credibility in the market means certainly lower resale value of there product.
Old 9th September 2009, 04:15   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

I quote:

Cheers!
totally misunderstood, VW came & changed skoda completely, skoda are respected all over the globe even in UK, they have octavia RS as the police cars there btw VW is the biggest car group now, they just bought porsche
Old 14th September 2009, 11:08   #2175

Wow ! I was away from this thread for a month or two at least, looks like there is no light at the end of this tunnel.

Most Viewed