Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 13:01   #2296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecker View Post
even god must have given up hope
OT:
God owns a Skoda? what was he thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecker View Post
With a hevay heart had to say no to 1.8TSI Laura. Finalized the ANHC.
congratulations on your purchase mate. myself, i've taken a conscious decision to keep away from VW and Skoda, forever. Honda and Toyota are any day a better bet. i love the Mercs and the BMWs, but i'm not quite there yet.
Old 28th May 2010, 22:04   #2297
BHPian

Here is an other horror story from a Skoda owner, a Doctor. He is a friend of mine and would appreciate all support from Team BHP members in getting his car back.

His Post on the Skoda India Facebook Page : Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

He is awaiting moderation to get his story here. Meanwhile i humbly request all members to respond on the FB page to help him in getting his car back.

Last edited by MumBiker : 28th May 2010 at 22:07.
Old 28th May 2010, 22:35   #2298
BHPian

Woah, that facebook page is an eye opener! its more like a Skoda complaint page than a fan page ! Surely, this will put off many prospective buyers!
Old 29th May 2010, 00:05   #2299
BHPian

^^ the fb page does not exist anymore! looks like they are working hard in the marketing department :-)
Old 29th May 2010, 11:27   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ the fb page does not exist anymore! looks like they are working hard in the marketing department :-)
its still there. I dunno if you need to login to see the page. But you need to be a Fan to Comment
Old 29th May 2010, 11:32   #2301
Senior - BHPian

Glad to see that link to this thread appears on top of Links in Skoda India Facebook page. Hope the awareness spreads.
Old 29th May 2010, 11:33   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
If only they had spent that time and effort to fix their problems !
Old 29th May 2010, 15:33   #2303
Distinguished - BHPian

Even the marketing is half-hearted. Look at the history with Team-BHP.

It started with an attack (an enormous PR blunder), went through a period of trying to repair that, even including a meeting with our very own guys followed by ...nothing.

Looks like a rather childish example of we don't like what you say so we won't talk to you. Lousy management; lousy public relations.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:34   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Looks like a rather childish example of we don't like what you say so we won't talk to you. Lousy management; lousy public relations.
aah then well then we won't buy what you sell

most tbhp members won't touch skoda and given that skoda has some very tempting cars for an enthusiast, tbhp is a significant consumer base to lose out on.
Old 30th May 2010, 08:20   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... tbhp is a significant consumer base to lose out on.
Is that really the case?
I think it isn't. The reaction from Skoda would have been quite different if their sales had experienced a major hit!
Old 30th May 2010, 08:51   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I strongly support Team-bhp and it should stand for the truth. All of us save for years, give up many important things for that special moment - the purchase of our favorite vehicle. So if a dealer decided to take us for a ride, its time to teach them a lesson.

I've already started enlightening my friends/colleagues on the dangers of skoda purchase.
Old 30th May 2010, 09:10   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Is that really the case?
I think it isn't. The reaction from Skoda would have been quite different if their sales had experienced a major hit!
In fact it is somewhat the opposite. In spite of these threads, there still are TBHPians who get smitten by Skoda cars and buy them. TBHP consumer base cannot make much dent for Skoda. It can only generate more awareness, among prospective customers, media, Skoda/VW management etc.
Old 30th May 2010, 10:53   #2308
BHPian

My dad will be buying a new car soon, and I had told him about the Skoda Fabia , and was until a few minutes ago, thinking of recommending him to buy a VW Polo. But then I came across this thread, and I'm like omigosh! How is VW service in Bangalore? We use our office Indigo for 80% of our travel(which is not such a huge distance) , and we surely would n't like not using a car at all, if our prospective car ends up at garages. My dad, always busy, will surely not be able to go to consumer courts, and pull chestnuts out of the fire, though he's fairly influential (I see from this thread that even influential folks are denied justice from skoda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
! Surely, this will put off many prospective buyers!
So now the question is, is it wise for me to recommend the Polo (or Fabia) to my dad?? Is VW's service better than skoda's. help!!
Old 30th May 2010, 12:32   #2309
BHPian

Just some feedback. I got a call from Carwale, Mumbai, claiming on behalf of Skoda, enquiring about my experience with my new Skoda Superb and the dealer from whom I purchased it. They even asked for the name of the sales person and my experience in dealing with him. It seems, therefore, that some effort is being made by Skoda to get customer feedback. However, I felt that Carwale did a sketchy job of asking questions.

Meanwhile, my two mails to Skoda -- one about the Nappa leather upholstery and the other on Blue tooth connectivity -- have gone unanswered.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 30th May 2010 at 12:34.
Old 1st June 2010, 02:09   #2310
BHPian

This thread has really enlightened me about Skoda,I Had fabia in mind when deciding for a car for my wife,but have decided to stay clear of Skoda.I guess its time for Skoda to wake up and realise that they need to change their attitude to customers and be respectful of a community like Team BHP.Their sales are not showing the decline at this moment but the effect is going to show for sure,and then it may be irreparable damage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks