Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 11:22   #2326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Absolutely not!!!
It's not an exaggeration if it's the Truth.
Harish should indeed post every problem he has faced with his Skoda, that had not been rectified, no matter how major or minor, as they are all factors that affect one's purchasing decision.

Information is Power, and all facts, no matter how important or trivial they may seem should be shared freely.

As for build quality and brand value, that's debatable.
After reading the various threads with Skoda related issues I find myself asking, what "Brand Value" does such a company have.
In my eye's, Skoda is zilch.

Edit: I completely agree with you that it would be nice if the case updates could be put on the opening pages.
Sorry if I come on as a bit strong in my rant, but I feel quite strongly about this Issue, and cases such as this have really left me shocked.
Hey KadanaJ,
I didn't say it is exaggerated. U & I know the truth. But It would "look exaggerated" for someone researching on Internet and hits Team-bhp link. of course, harish should report it. I was indicating the small time issues which can be seen on other cars.Information is wealth. But it needs to be displayed effectively.Ultimately, that is what this thread is all about. Spread the awareness. Even to those who are new to Internet.

Look at Team-bhp test drive reports and reviews of happy skoda owners. We don't have much to debate on that.Your perception on the brand and build quality has deteriorated after these threads.SO IS MINE.But what about those who just buy it without research.I want this thread to reach more such harish No sorries mate. Infact, I appreciate your aggression. We both have different views on the same Goal.

Finally Can someone update where harish's case stand right now
Old 4th October 2010, 12:10   #2327
BHPian

^^^

It seems I misinterpreted your post.
I agree, it does need to be displayed effectively. Would be very helpful if all of Harish's posts could be compiled and put together for easier reading.

Anyways, what the update on the case.

Remember Harish, you have the full strength of the Team-BHP community behind you.
Old 4th October 2010, 12:23   #2328
BHPian

Don't know if this is the correct thread to put.
Yesterday I read in the newspaper in my city Nagpur,an advt. by some gentleman.It stated that he wishes to sell a Fabia, and two Laura's all in the 2007-2009 range. And the reason he stated was that he was fed up with the indifference and lack of service from the local Skoda dealer.And this was not in the classfields but a proper 2*4 advt. on the last page.
Old 9th October 2010, 15:09   #2329
BHPian

Inder,

You are in the right place. why don't you upload pics of the ads here on Team-bhp. It would reach out to a lot of people. More than that newspaper can
Old 9th October 2010, 23:38   #2330
BHPian

I was about to go to bed, when I logged into my computer to check TBHP (which has become a bit of a routine). It was then that I came across this thread..

I must say, TBHP rocks! I feel privilaged ( and secured ) to be a part of this vibrant community.

PS: Regarding threats by Skoda corp, being a Law Grad myself, I can vouch for the fact that what we are doing here is in no way an offence - Legally speaking.

Skoda may as well cut the **** and get its act together...
Old 9th November 2010, 08:04   #2331
BHPian

I am keeping my fingers crossed for my Honda City too. Team Bhp has rated their after sales service as less than good.

As for the Skoda I am amazed with the ruthless ways of the Company in not addressing customer issues.

I never had problems with Santro (10 yrs) and Maruti (12 years).

I guess Skoda may have lost a few doz buyers thanks to exposure by Team Bhp.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:38   #2332
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Thoughts of getting a fabia for the familyhave certainly evaporated after reading the posts on this thread. Thank you Team-BHP for creating this awareness. I certainly cannot afford to have a car laidup at the garage not to mention litigation.
Rgds,
Ashok
Old 9th December 2010, 17:06   #2333
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Skoda's attempts to stop us from spreading the word belongs to the same generation as their service quality. Decades ago.

Skoda: You should realise that such stuff used to work in the pen-and-paper reporting era. The internet is limitless, and I'm not sure how far even you guys can pursue this, if you decide to. At the rate you're digging yourself in on this, it won't be long before you come out on the other side of the globe.
Old 9th December 2010, 18:39   #2334
Senior - BHPian

I think they are not even bothered.

They would be getting countless Indian customers who walk into their showrooms thinking more about the "snob appeal" than the actual smooth running vehicle experience.
Old 11th December 2010, 17:29   #2335
BHPian

It seems that Skoda is making a special effort to keep its customers satisfied with its service, at least its dealer in Chandigarh, Krishna, is. While moving out of a parking lot today, I realised that my Superb 1.8 TFSI A/T was not accelerating the way it should and it seemed the DGG auto was not functioning as it should. So I pulled over to the side and tried to put the neutral gear and to my surprise I could not do so. I put off the engine and naturally as the gear was not in the neutral the car would not start. I, therefore, called Krishna for help. The sales manager, Mr Bhupinder Singh, was very responsive and assured me that an engineer would reach me shortly. Meanwhile, I fidgeted around and realised that I had inadvertently slipped the gear lever to the left and, thus, it was in the triptronic mode. I brought it back to the centre and things began to work. I informed Krishna that I had resolved the issue. They, however, still sent an engineer to my home to check things out for themselves. This car has so many features that I am still discovering them even after driving it for about 3700 k.m.

Cheers to krishna and Skoda!

Last edited by ivar1951 : 11th December 2010 at 17:32.
Old 11th December 2010, 17:53   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
It seems that Skoda is making a special effort to keep its customers satisfied with its service, at least its dealer in Chandigarh, Krishna, is. While moving out of a parking lot today, I realised that my Superb 1.8 TFSI A/T was not accelerating the way it should and it seemed the DGG auto was not functioning as it should. So I pulled over to the side and tried to put the neutral gear and to my surprise I could not do so. I put off the engine and naturally as the gear was not in the neutral the car would not start. I, therefore, called Krishna for help. The sales manager, Mr Bhupinder Singh, was very responsive and assured me that an engineer would reach me shortly. Meanwhile, I fidgeted around and realised that I had inadvertently slipped the gear lever to the left and, thus, it was in the triptronic mode. I brought it back to the centre and things began to work. I informed Krishna that I had resolved the issue. They, however, still sent an engineer to my home to check things out for themselves. This car has so many features that I am still discovering them even after driving it for about 3700 k.m.

Cheers to krishna and Skoda!
If this attitude would have shown long back from every skoda dealer, then we might not have seen this thread. I now know quite a few people ( more than 10) who finally skipped skoda and went for other cars only because of horror stories.

When the skoda shield was launched , the thought was that ,now there might be some improvements, but finally it again came back to originals :-(
Disappointment !!
Old 11th December 2010, 18:14   #2337
BHPian

I am in the market to now replace my Swift VDi with a better hatchback.. After reading all this I am not even going to even check the rates of Fabia let alone stepping in their showroom for a TD.. Skoda's loss may well prove to be Fiat's gain..

There goes one more potential customer..
Old 11th December 2010, 18:49   #2338
Senior - BHPian

Ive always fancied Skoda and its because of this thread that i wouldn't dare buying one. Sometimes i wonder is it really that bad ? But then it was only last week that i read a friends facebook status as- 'Sent my Superb to the workshop for the 12th time this year, have they made this out of scrap' ?
Also a relative had to sell his Laura after keeping it for 6 months because it was prone to breaking down. I just dont seem to get whats the issue with this company and there cars. The Laura is by far the best built car in the category with the highest quality interiors and great features. Sometimes i feel that if i buy a Skoda and meet a Bhpian anywhere they will probably grin at my stupidity.
Old 12th December 2010, 18:04   #2339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I think they are not even bothered.

They would be getting countless Indian customers who walk into their showrooms thinking more about the "snob appeal" than the actual smooth running vehicle experience.
They're bothered enough to have one of their reps on here, trying to defend themselves.

The Indian market is driven by perception. I actually hate that, but it would be fitting in Skoda's case. Just look at what brand perception did to Fiat in India. Great cars, but people would rather buy a Maruti/Hyundai and stay away from the upkeep hassles.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:52   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
They're bothered enough to have one of their reps on here, trying to defend themselves.

The Indian market is driven by perception. I actually hate that, but it would be fitting in Skoda's case. Just look at what brand perception did to Fiat in India. Great cars, but people would rather buy a Maruti/Hyundai and stay away from the upkeep hassles.
@Chetan_rao,
All the markets are driven by perception aren't they?
Adjectives like "Great" are very very debatable. That means all the Fiat cars are great, aren't t Then why do Honda and Vento sell much more than that? For that matter, even in your terms lowly Maruti and Hyundai sells much more than that?

We have had lots of ownership and 1st hand reviews etc etc.

But buying a car is one thing and getting hassle free maintenance is a totally different ball game. In this Fiat jacks up big time.

Last month or so, I remember reading VW has only 57 service centers all over India. Still check out the sale of Polo and Vento.

With Fiat having the wide network of Tata, how many vehicles do they manage to sell? (Now we see lots of ads too in TV and print media)

Just having a Fiat badge doesn't make it a great car. Let's be honest, the Fiat variant sucks, else I am 100% sure people would be buying it without any hesitation. These days buyers are very mature to understand quality. They may not be knowing all the technical aspects, but most of them will be taking help of people who know about cars..

Fiat cars are not so good as it is made out to be. As simple as that.

Welcome to all the fireworks

Most Viewed