Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 11:12   #2401
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

@ GTO

Could we get an update on the final outcome for Harish. Would really like to know
Old 30th December 2011, 12:26   #2402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoomdo View Post
@ GTO

Could we get an update on the final outcome for Harish. Would really like to know
No verdict as of now. You can follow the case here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-years-86.html
Old 12th January 2012, 14:04   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Frankly I think there is a little bit of group think about terrible service from Skoda on T-BHP. At least so far, my service experience on my Superb has been decent - in no way inferior to Honda (I had a NHC earlier) and far superior to my experience with Hyundai. ( for my Getz)
I owned 4 Skodas. The 4th is the one which was a total write-off. I also thought exactly as you did, until my problem hit

As much as I love their cars, I'm never going to buy Skoda / VW again based on the response of the company to the problems. I am very tempted every now and again though to pull the trigger on a VW Passat. I think my desire to want to still buy a VW is like wanting to go back into an abusive relationship, hoping that this time it will be different, and it was only a one-off case last time!

FYI, my superb case also did not get resolved. And now that Skoda successfully dragged the case on for so long, the warranty is now over. The out-of-warranty car is running on a boatload of prayers right now!
mudittandon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 21:05   #2404
BHPian

Thanks to team-bhp , i will never ever buy a skoda again . I must admit that i was on the verge of buying a new one but not any more. I hope skoda is listening
Old 31st October 2012, 14:29   #2405
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Team BHP Support: Posts related to VW have been moved to a independent thread

Please continue the discussion there. Thanks!
Old 31st October 2012, 14:48   #2406
BHPian

While I am inclined to think this is a one off case, the callousness displayed by Skoda is really uncalled for. Errors in manufacturing is not common, and recalls are aplenty these days. I believe Skoda should have taken this long term customer into confidence and not let this go out of hand. My impressions on Skoda were never good, thanks to their pathetic A.S.S, and this only corroborates it. (btw, what is VW doing about it ?)

Today, in ET online, i came across this note from the Skoda head which i thought was ironical - they still don't talk about managing the A.S.S (which today is helping Maruti build sales during the slump period)

"We are not going to increase discounts, but adopt a different strategy to sell our cars. We will keep our prices real without rendering any concessions. Though most of our cars would be more expensive than competition, we expect our superior brand and contemporary European technology to keep the sales momentum going," chief operating officer of Skoda India Sudhir Rao said"
Old 5th November 2012, 13:14   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay9252 View Post
While I am inclined to think this is a one off case, the callousness displayed by Skoda is really uncalled for.

Today, in ET online, i came across this note from the Skoda head which i thought was ironical - they still don't talk about managing the A.S.S (which today is helping Maruti build sales during the slump period)

"We are not going to increase discounts, but adopt a different strategy to sell our cars. We will keep our prices real without rendering any concessions. Though most of our cars would be more expensive than competition, we expect our superior brand and contemporary European technology to keep the sales momentum going," chief operating officer of Skoda India Sudhir Rao said"
Ajay..this means that he has no idea about the real needs of the Indian car consumer. Pricing premium is deemed to include premium after sale service too and having the ability as a functional corporate to effectively handle customer grievances of serious nature like the ones raised by our valued member Mr. Harish.

Unfortunately for the consumers, skoda doesn't have a real competition in that segment who can really take it on head to head. Until such a competition comes, they can keep on offering shoddy customer service and none will be wiser to it.
Old 7th November 2012, 21:26   #2408
BHPian

Yet another skoda horror story. I am writing this on behalf of a friend who owns a skoda fabia in Trichy. The vehicle is under 2 years old. Upon completion of the first service, the vehicle air conditioning began to loose its effectiveness eventually giving up and just blowing hot unconditioned air into the cabin. The car was given back to the dealer for a check up. The vehicle remained at the service center for 2 weeks and was returned. My friend had to pay about 12,000 rupees inclusive of service charges. The AC worked fine for about 1 week and again began to give trouble. The vehicle was again sent back for check up. Yet again the dealers said the vehicle could be picked up and my friend was asked to pay an additional 6000 rupees. When my friend refused to do so, they refused to return the vehicle. 1 week went by, they were adamant saying pay the money and take the car. Frustrated, my friend paid the money and took his car back. Surprise Surprise, the very next day, the AC gave up. He drove down to chennai this time, got it checked up there and was charged an additional 10,000 at Chennai. Now he is on the verge of selling his car and promises to never look at skoda again. Skoda, please wake up.
Old 7th November 2012, 21:56   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver
Yet another skoda horror story. I am writing this on behalf of a friend who owns a skoda fabia in Trichy. The vehicle is under 2 years old. Upon completion of the first service, the vehicle air conditioning began to loose its effectiveness eventually giving up and just blowing hot unconditioned air into the cabin. The car was given back to the dealer for a check up. The vehicle remained at the service center for 2 weeks and was returned. My friend had to pay about 12,000 rupees inclusive of service charges. The AC worked fine for about 1 week and again began to give trouble. The vehicle was again sent back for check up. Yet again the dealers said the vehicle could be picked up and my friend was asked to pay an additional 6000 rupees. When my friend refused to do so, they refused to return the vehicle. 1 week went by, they were adamant saying pay the money and take the car. Frustrated, my friend paid the money and took his car back. Surprise Surprise, the very next day, the AC gave up. He drove down to chennai this time, got it checked up there and was charged an additional 10,000 at Chennai. Now he is on the verge of selling his car and promises to never look at skoda again. Skoda, please wake up.
Did your friend buy skoda shield.? Anyways, If problems started in first service, most of the components are covered under warranty and im sure any manufacturer will honor their default warranty.
I'm 'not' vouchin for skoda, but this story seems a little skeptical unless we are missing something.
I have seen several skoda in my family and friends, touch wood none are facing the issues. Few have clocked 1lac plus kms, and they are running like dream. I wonder what's with skoda bashing that has no meat.
Pls don't get me wrong, maybe I'm playing Devils advocate here.
Old 7th November 2012, 22:32   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
Now he is on the verge of selling his car and promises to never look at skoda again. Skoda, please wake up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I'm 'not' vouchin for skoda, but this story seems a little skeptical unless we are missing something.
I have seen several skoda in my family and friends, touch wood none are facing the issues. Few have clocked 1lac plus kms, and they are running like dream.
I understand your point of view, harishpr. I too know a few people who have Skodas and are happy with them. Likewise I know many who aren't.

Every car manufacturer (or any corporation) is bound to have disgruntled customers.

What sets Skoda apart is the proportion of disgruntled customers to satisfied ones, when compared to other marques, and their inability (or unwillingness) to handle such situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I wonder what's with skoda bashing that has no meat. Pls don't get me wrong, maybe I'm playing Devils advocate here.
Playing Devil's advocate is fine, and its always good to look at both sides of an argument, but I don't understand what you mean by Skoda bashing without meat? BoeingDriver reiterated a personal experience of a friend of his, which, unless he is making the incident up, definitely constitutes 'meat'
kadanaJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 22:44   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Playing Devil's advocate is fine, and its always good to look at both sides of an argument, but I don't understand what you mean by Skoda bashing without meat? BoeingDriver reiterated a personal experience of a friend of his, which, unless he is making the incident up, definitely constitutes 'meat'
Gentlemen, I am on the verge of booking a new car .. primarily a D segmenter or an entry level luxury sedan. I am trying to gather as much info possible before I zero in on the vehicle. Through T-BHP I ve understood that the current laura is being phased out and was actually interested in superb. While touching base with a friend since childhood, this is exactly what he told me that I am passing forward to you guys. I am not Anti Skoda, I am only hoping and honestly wishing that Skoda get their A.S.S. act right. Good cars with bad A.S.S. is whats driving customers like me away.
Old 8th November 2012, 00:13   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen, I am on the verge of booking a new car .. primarily a D segmenter or an entry level luxury sedan. I am trying to gather as much info possible before I zero in on the vehicle.......
Through T-BHP I ve understood that the Good cars with bad A.S.S. is whats driving customers like me away.
I know what you mean. Compared to the competition, the Superb is just too tempting a proposition.

If you're going for a petrol, you might consider the Honda Accord, new Toyota Camry or Nissan Teana, but the Superb still blows them away in terms of comfort and features. Not even a contest if you want a diesel.

My recommendation to get around this is to buy that Skoda Shield package they're selling these days, and hope that keeps you covered.

Then once that gets over, stop taking your car to Skoda A.S.S. and find a good mechanic who can look after your car instead. Despite the horrible A.S.S., the Superb is still a pretty brilliant car, so if you find an independent mechanic who's good with Skoda, you're quite sorted.
kadanaJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 12:24   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
I know what you mean. Compared to the competition, the Superb is just too tempting a proposition.
Diesel it is and totally . Superb is superb. Dont want to drift off topic on this thread, I will be writing up on my Test Drive experiences and probably my initial ownership thread as well, pretty soon. At the moment the fingers are pointing at an sAv !!
Old 8th November 2012, 14:55   #2414

Quote:
Yet another skoda horror story. I am writing this on behalf of a friend who owns a skoda fabia in Trichy.
Boeing, ask your friend to get the work done from an outside mechanic. I was having the same issue with my skoda. Got the vehicle checked outside and found out that the authorized dealer was tampering with the seals, actually making sure the a/c would fail. Once it was fixed outside the issue went away completely. The vehicle is sold already but i know there has been no A/C issue for over 18 months after that.
autounion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 15:18   #2415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autounion View Post
Boeing, ask your friend to get the work done from an outside mechanic. I was having the same issue with my skoda. Got the vehicle checked outside and found out that the authorized dealer was tampering with the seals, actually making sure the a/c would fail. Once it was fixed outside the issue went away completely. The vehicle is sold already but i know there has been no A/C issue for over 18 months after that.

I am not sure if he really wants to continue with the car but definitely I ll ask him to have a look at your post to see if it can induce some confidence. At the end of the day its his decision. If not anything else he could possibly get the AC fixed from an out side mechanic like you did and sell the car off (atleast for mental peace).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks