Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2013, 19:51   #2446
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why people say this thread should be closed. Because some other people own a skoda and have had a good experience does it mean that the OP should follow their ownership experience and close his thread? If I remember correctly the thread was renamed after Skoda tried to bully tbhp into not posting anti skoda views and not after a request by the OP.

I love the skoda cars too and would love to own one sometime but I also feel the pain faced by harish. If tbhp mods feel that the thread deserves to be renamed so be it but I would be appalled if the thread is closed because some other people are going through it and not buying skoda or advising others not to buy one. Everyone has the sense to buy what they want, a lot of tbhp members bought their cars after this thread, so why such comments?

I am not associated with skoda or any other car maker, have been on this forum for 7 years and believe in the tbhp philosophy of being unbiased. Apologies if this post causes pain to anyone.

Please also note I owned a ford ikon for almost 8 years and a fiat linea now, not the most popular cars but I also understand that there would be lots of people who might have faced issues with those though I didn'/ havent . That doesn't mean I ask all such threads against those cars to be closed

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th May 2013 at 20:00.
sammyboy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 21:54   #2447
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

After reading this thread for the whole 164 pages, just pondering on a situation where if a middle class like me takes a 85% loan to buy a car and ends up in a situation like Harish- the mental and financial anguish will probably kill me. Harish is still continuing his fight with Skoda for the past few years and in the process has lost money and more importantly, his peace of mind. On the other hand, when I read the ownership review of robimahanta, I feel like maybe Skoda has really improved and cleaned up their act and I want to drive a Laura TSI into the sunset. But the head rules over the heart.
Is there a log of 'Yes, these are the people who have had their cars looked after by Skoda A** and they still have their peace of minds?' Please note that I am not looking to start a flame war or annoy someone. Just that after reading through through the entire travails of Harish (and Team-BHP standing rock solid behind him) there is still no closure to his case. And till that time until closure, I think this thread should remain alive for more people to read and take a wise decision.

Mod's, if you feel this post is off-topic and unnecessary- please delete it. Thanks.
Old 25th May 2013, 13:54   #2448
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I don't understand why people say this thread should be closed...
There is another thread which tells the whole story, and which is also updated regularly. It also has posts of appreciation and encouragement for Harish.

This thread was about the ridiculous attempt at "instigation" by Skoda, about what happened between Skoda and Team-BHP, rather than about the ongoing story of Harish's car. That particular event, and any subsequent interaction between Skoda and Team-BHP, seems to be over.

The thread remains an embarrassment to Skoda ---except that they seem to be too shame-faced and obstinate to feel any embarrassment--- which might be a reason to keep it open. Otherwise, it is better to focus on the ongoing thread.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 14:53   #2449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

There is another thread which tells the whole story, and which is also updated regularly. It also has posts of appreciation and encouragement for Harish.
I know what this thread was for Thad, and I know about the other one too. I know whatever the mods decide will happen after some thinking and will be the right decision. I posted my views around the reasons being given for closing the thread, which I didn't agree with and still don't. I know what you mean and have no disagreement there.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 22:34   #2450
BHPian

This might be but

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*UPDATE*

The Senior management of Skoda came down to meet with three of Team-BHP's Moderators (GTO, Navin & Rehaan) in order to discuss the reported issues with Skoda’s after-sales service. We were pleasantly surprised to see Mr. Thomas Kuehl (Member, Board of Directors, Skoda India), present for the meeting as well. Mr. Detlef Roemhild (GM, After Sales) - along with other members of the Skoda team were also present to hear what we had to say.

We put forth the following customer concerns to Skoda:

4. We stressed that changes should be made by Skoda for ALL of their customers, not just Team-BHPians.
I know this is an old post that I quoted. But it is exactly these kind of posts that made me respect and love Team-BHP. How many forums have this kind of un-biased approach? This, is what made me try 8 times to get a membership approved. This is what makes me proud every time I remember I am finally a member here. Thank you to the mods as well as the whole community for building such a great thing.

Dear Mods, I don't know if you will find this post necessary or not, or if this has been mentioned by other users before but I really HAD to express my feelings on this one.
evoque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:00   #2451
BHPian

I have a Skoda Fabia Elegance, TDI that I bought from Skoda Autobahn on 30-04-2008.

In December 2011 I took the car to the Sewree workshop for routine service and to replace the underbody engine guard cover. I was told that the part was not available. They promised to call me as soon as the part would be available. The service advisor there was Mr. Dipesh. The engine cover was only refitted and tied with cable ties at this point.

I called Dipesh every two weeks after that, and was repeatedly informed that the part is not available.

The car was given to the Kurla workshop from 11-06-2012 - 24-06-2012 for body work, service, and monsoon preparation. The engine guard was still unavailable. I took the car back, and kept reminding Mr. Kabir about the missing part.

On 30-05-2013, The part was made available and I took it to the Kurla workshop again. This time, the service advisor Mr. Denzil and Mr. Rakesh said there was damage to the Sub-frame due to potholes, and hence should be replaced.

The car was taken to the Kurla workshop again on 20-05-2013. Regular service was done. Engine guard was also to be replaced
The subframe part to be fitted was shipped wrong twice. Mr. Bhatty, Mr. Kabir, and Mr. Denzil promised the part would be brought in 10 days. I took the car back on 30-05-2013.

I was informed the part is ready and took the car to the Kurla workshop again on 11-06-2013. The wipers were not working, and after spending four hours at the workshop, I found the wiper arms to be fitted in the wrong place, the service advisor for this was Mr. Stanford. I was appalled to see that technicians who work with this car everyday make silly mistakes like installing wipers in the wrong locations.
The subframe part was also visibly different, and also bore a different part stamp. Mr. Bhatty, and Mr. Denzil all promised once again to find the right part. The Workshop manager was also extremely unhelpful in this situation, and did not offer any assistance.

I took the car once more to the Kurla workshop on 24-06-2013 as Mr. Kabir said he would find a solution. After lengthy discussions with Mr. Bhatty, Mr. Denzil and >r. Kabir, no solution was reached, and the car is still as it was two years ago.

Timeline:
30-04-2008 - Car Purchased.
XX-12-2011 - Engine guard to be replaced - Mr. Dipesh
11-06-2012 - Routine service - Cover not available. - Mr. Kabir.
30-05-2013 - Routine service - Subframe replacement Wrong part ordered- Mr. Denzil & Mr. Rakesh.
11-06-2013 - Part shipped wrong - Mr. Kabir, Mr. Bhatty, Mr. Denzil.
24-06-2013 - Part not found - Mr. Kabir, Mr. Bhatty, Mr. Denzil.
naikpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:44   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
30-04-2008 - Car Purchased.
If your car is out of warranty please don't bother taking it to the A.S.S for service/repairs. In Mumbai there are several other workshops that can give you much better and faster service. They can even source most of the original parts for you.

You can read my review of the JMD Kandivali outlet here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3078514
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:48   #2453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
If your car is out of warranty please don't bother taking it to the A.S.S for service/repairs. In Mumbai there are several other workshops that can give you much better and faster service. They can even source most of the original parts for you.

+1 to EagleEye. As your car is almost 5 years old, it must be out of warranty by now. Though, I have no experience with Skoda Service personally, but going by the general reputation and reading that of your's, I feel that its much better to opt for good FNGs. In this way, the job done will be to your satisfaction and without the fuss & hassle of Skoda ASC's antics.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:05   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
+1 to EagleEye. As your car is almost 5 years old, it must be out of warranty by now. Though, I have no experience with Skoda Service personally, but going by the general reputation and reading that of your's, I feel that its much better to opt for good FNGs. In this way, the job done will be to your satisfaction and without the fuss & hassle of Skoda ASC's antics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

I did seriously consider that, and I do know someone who used to have a Mercedes Workshop, and could fix this. The only problem is that this job is being covered by insurance, and I don't know if the insurance company will work with someone besides the A.S.S. Any thoughts? Also it would be nice to know who else would be able to procure the parts, in case something else needs to be repaired later, I volunteer to compile the list and put it into the "Honest Skoda Dealership" thread.

Thanks guys.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:10   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
The only problem is that this job is being covered by insurance, and I don't know if the insurance company will work with someone besides the A.S.S. Any thoughts? Also it would be nice to know who else would be able to procure the parts, in case something else needs to be repaired later, I volunteer to compile the list and put it into the "Honest Skoda Dealership" thread.

Thanks guys.
Don't worry. Insurance can be claimed whether you use the A.S.S. or not. Just make sure you go to some good workshop.

I had taken my Laura to this workshop for a timing belt change (among other things) and they did an acceptable job.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...li-mumbai.html

Last edited by EagleEye : 2nd July 2013 at 14:11.
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:01   #2456
BHPian

I understand that Skoda has some amazing vehicles from an engineering and performance perspective. What i would like to understand is this

1. How is Skoda's service outside of India - Say UK or Mainland Europe where it is sold well
2. If the service outside is quite good, what prevents Skoda from creating a service network in India which parallels that outside of India. Is there something that is preventing this

Coming from a customer service business, i believe that even the most basic product would have great customer value if the service is outstanding. Why did Skoda miss this simple rule of business is beyond me

Mods - If this is off topic, please delete
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:47   #2457
Senior - BHPian

I honestly believe that we, Team-BHPians have been able to infuence the buyer sentiment with respect to Skoda.

I have never recommended a Skoda to anyone and have in fact recommended people people to not consider skoda for the horror after sales stories. The same applies to Fiat.

I might be wrong about skoda as I have never had a first hand experience, but Fiat!! The description will require another thread.

Plus when some incident like this (instigation) happens, its our duty to support Team-Bhp, as it is we who should take a stand and vouch for the honesty of the forum. Skodas may come and Skodas may go, but Team-Bhp will stay and will stay honest.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:28   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
2. If the service outside is quite good, what prevents Skoda from creating a service network in India which parallels that outside of India. Is there something that is preventing this
I think the answer to your query will be that Skoda in India is a Pvt. Ltd. company and does not operate like most other auto companies or manufacturers. Well, I don't have in-depth knowledge about the operations of private vs. public vs. any other companies but this looks the key factor here. We have often heard about the parent Sokda from Czech Republic intervening to set the things straight for various cases arising every year. The local owners/dealers may not be concern about the reputation of the company since they must be earning much more as compared to running any other company's dealership.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:42   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
I think the answer to your query will be that Skoda in India is a Pvt. Ltd. company and does not operate like most other auto companies or manufacturers. Well, I don't have in-depth knowledge about the operations of private vs. public vs. any other companies but this looks the key factor here. We have often heard about the parent Sokda from Czech Republic intervening to set the things straight for various cases arising every year. The local owners/dealers may not be concern about the reputation of the company since they must be earning much more as compared to running any other company's dealership.
@iSpoke - Even with Skoda India being a Pvt Ltd company, there is a certain amount of brand image that one needs to maintain. I understand that dealers are a different set of animals and they focus more on margins. I spoke to a dealer of Tata recently and the margin they get on a vehicle (5lacs +) is a megre 7000 and therefore the focus on earning more from service. Compared to how other Pvt firms are run (at least the big ones), i find this to be quite surprising that the parent firm while lending their name (amounting to goodwill) does not focus on getting these firms to follow certain standards of delivery and service
Old 8th July 2013, 13:50   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
. I spoke to a dealer of Tata recently and the margin they get on a vehicle (5lacs +) is a megre 7000 and therefore the focus on earning more from service.
Off topic but :

Well margins on car sales ( officially) are wafer thin even for Honda it is 3-5% dealerships are profitable business due to service and acessories.

However this does not include the "Handling charges" and markup on the insurence and "teflon coating" which dealers of all brands leavy.
Overall they still manage to make good money without resorting to blatent robbery and theft of spare parts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks