Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 00:02   #2566
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
I figure out the game, tell him politely one more time that he may kindly process the refund, and we leave. On the way out I show him the dashcam in my car.

refund is not going to a horror story for me...
Are you still going ahead with the purchase of a skoda?

I have driven a rapid and felt very good but after reading all the posts I am left wondering as to why a Bhpian will still pick a skoda!
Old 15th November 2014, 09:25   #2567
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
I have driven a rapid and felt very good but after reading all the posts I am left wondering as to why a Bhpian will still pick a skoda!
You have answered it yourself
Many of us BHP-ians are still young and reckless, with adrenaline flowing in our veins.
Many of us love the car, and believe that Skoda is changing as a company (or that there are much worse companies to deal with, like parents VW) and that keeps us going. Some of us are lucky to have good A.S.S. too, which is the icing on the cake!
Heck - I ended up with another Skoda, which keeps me up at night! But yes, not a car I would recommend to others, especially those who want peace of mind. Some of my recent recommendations to friends and family have pushed for Camry Hybrids, CR-Vs, Corollas, etc. but no Skodas (always shortlisted but the poor service, high maintenance, and suspect reliability concerns have always been highlighted - along with the cars strengths).
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 13:26   #2568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
...Many of us BHP-ians are still young and reckless, with adrenaline flowing in our veins. ...
Reckless? You might want to spend more time on understanding the traits of a BHP'ian!
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 17:35   #2569
BHPian

Here i have another example how Skoda customer care works.

One fine morning one stupid auto fellow broke my left hand side (co driver) rear view mirror. I went to vinayak cars for replacement. Initially service engineer told price will be 3,500/-. I said ok to him to proceed. After the work he came with a bill of 4,500/-.

Here is the explanation:Saar i was not knowing the actual price earlier!!
Upon further questioning he said: price got increased from yesterday

Here is the real twist, base price of the rear mirror assembly is inflated in the final bill (the price on the packaging carton is less). I have wrote this to skoda customer care, what they have done, any guesses?
They have forwarded my complaint to the dealer
Later dealer called me and said what ever the price in the bill is final. This happend a year back or so. I hope this will help prospective buyers...in terms of "what to expect from skoda After Sales Service"

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2015 at 11:34.
hillsnrains is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 11:48   #2570
BHPian

Had an interesting incident yesterday.
Was on marine drive Mumbai in my laura stuck in traffic. The MD of Skoda Mr. Sudhir Rao was in the car next to me. He saw the team BHP sticker on my car and started a conversation with me. He asked how the car was doing and if I was happy with it. He was also concerned how skoda gets badly panned on team BHP forums. I communicated to him that the cars were great but after sales service is dismal to say the least - and a surprise that he agreed that they have had issues and are sorting them out. If actually they have accepted the facts and are doing something about it then it's great news for all skoda owners. He did seem quite genuine so maybe we will see improvement.
Aside I have had a couple of good experiences at autobahn at sewree so maybe they are improving.
Hoping for the best ahead.
cmody is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 18:45   #2571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!

That is quite amazing.

Perhaps Mr Rao has actually got the message that, when it comes to cars, it is literally the guy on the street that matters.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 18:56   #2572
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmody View Post
and a surprise that he agreed that they have had issues and are sorting them out.
Mr. Rao and the company has been offering this placebo ever since he took over, which was in Jan. 2012. A company having less than 1% market share is still sorting issues out after 3 years? All they need to do is practice and make their dealers practice 'the customer is always right'.
Bomi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 18:58   #2573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had an interesting incident yesterday.
Was on marine drive Mumbai in my laura stuck in traffic. The MD of Skoda Mr. Sudhir Rao was in the car next to me. He saw the team BHP sticker on my car and started a conversation with me. .
You can have that long a conversation in Mumbai traffic? LOL.

How did he reach out to you from his car? Quite surprising. More details on how the conversation was initiated.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 20:13   #2574
BHPian

That's true quite a funny incident.. Just goes to show how bad Mumbai traffic is getting... LOL

Jokes apart there was a wedding procession in front of us and we were stuck for almost 5 minutes.

@vid6639-He initiated the conversation after seeing the team BHP sticker on my car - shows the standing of this forum in the auto world.

@Bomi- you could be right that it was a placebo but he didn't have to reach out to just one customer but he did and I thought that was nice of him.

I really do believe they make great cars to drive and my Laura TSI is the best car I have personally owned, so I do hope for all skoda owners that they do improve.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2015 at 19:30. Reason: Adding some paragraph spacing.
cmody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 21:14   #2575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...he agreed that they have had issues and are sorting them out. If actually they have accepted the facts and are doing something about it then it's great news for all skoda owners. He did seem quite genuine so maybe we will see improvement.
Oh yes, Skoda and its CMD have been very aware about their own miserable service quality and pricing since a long long time. Check this link. Instead of doing something radical since the last 2+ years that he has taken over, and addressing ridiculous issues like a service centre asking for 6+L to repair a Fabia engine, all Mr. Rao can do is catch hold of a random Team-BHP member on the street, and fish for compliments from him? Stop being just a good listener, Mr. Rao, and DO something! If you can, of course...

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2015 at 19:58. Reason: Last line might be inappropriate :). Thanks
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 21:24   #2576
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh well... I thought it was a nice thing to do, but others are bringing me down to earth.
Old 31st January 2015, 23:14   #2577
BHPian

Well, I too think it is a nice gesture. He didn't have to ask cmody about the car and it would have made no difference, but he did and I guess he deserves some appreciation for that. But the point is, this is not enough. To make a real difference, there should be more action and more work at the grass-root level. Hope he does something to improve that also.
Old 1st February 2015, 00:40   #2578
Distinguished - BHPian

I am confused!! He hasn't bothered about all the people who reported problems with the car / A$$, but initiates a conversation with someone on the road?! Was he optimistic that he will hear a positive response from the owner since the car was NOT in the service centre? Would be interesting to know whether he has bothered to visit any A$$ and tried to get a feedback from any of the owners present there.

Incident mentioned in the post 2569 happened after he took over Skoda? Such a silly thing happened under his nose and all he is worried about are the negative things on team-bhp about Skoda?!

Case of trying to ping somebody who has access to the forum and try to show he is concerned about the owners and get a positive post on his name? Sorry, I can't still manage to see the halo over his head!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2015 at 00:45. Reason: Correcting the sentence
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 23:10   #2579
BHPian

@vigkey completely agree with you .. Nice gesture but more needs to be done to overcome the negative image skoda has built up.thats why i said i hope it does Ii improve given all the promises made earlier
@swiftnfurious .. Only firm actions on the ground will speak to skodas success in India not a random conversation. I think people are surely smarter than that so no question of a halo on his head. As a skoda owner I can only hope for the best.

Last edited by cmody : 1st February 2015 at 23:13.
Old 1st February 2015, 23:27   #2580
Senior - BHPian

It certainly was a nice gesture and please remember making change happen, specially positive ones, will take time.

Most Viewed