Team-BHP - spotted spark with new engine/gearbox
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   spotted spark with new engine/gearbox (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/56007-spotted-spark-new-engine-gearbox.html)

while coming back from ECR spotted spark.

on the back it spark name was missing and it said Matiz on the left and Chevrolet on the right, no bow-tie logo.

on the rear glass there was a sticker "GM powertrain on test"

apart from this everything else was similar to spark.

that could be the 800cc spark

Can it be a diesel by any chance, or is that wishful thinking ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1239790)
Can it be a diesel by any chance, or is that wishful thinking ?

Indeed a wishfull thinking !! :Frustrati

Should be 800cc one to compete with Nano lol:

Damn! If it is truely 800CC engine it would be priced even lower in the range on Alto. I really feel sad for Die hard Spark fans who bought the car at 4.5 lacs. That explains why they were giving 50,000 Rs discount on the current Spark. Now, even if someone had bought it with the discount they are at a loss.

awesome catch!

either an 800cc spark
or a spark LPG/CNG which is also on test
or a mule for the new "mini" (European Spark/Beat)

did the matiz badging looked like this?

EDIT: the bumper on the spy shots is also a similar one-one reverse light (left) and one fog light (right), so it sould be a 800cc m-tec spark.

^^ yup its was same as this one, even the lights on bumper are same just interchanged.

OR ,

It might also be the spark LPG on test? Does the Spark already come in such a varient ??

then i think that this car will give the mileage in the high 20s, surpassing that of the a-star (19.57-ARAI figures).

awesome! matiz owners! rejoice!

I had a matiz from 2000-2006 SD metallic light blue (with a higher compression improved engine) and it was the best city car we have ever owned. mileage was always in the 19-20 mark consistently, but after driving 1,55,000 kms, we had to sell since the expenses were a bit too high and I got a decent resale price for it.

Hell, very spacious, best AC and 800cc motor performed like a gem.
GM! forget your troubles back in USA and concentrate on India 'cause this market for 800 cc cars is still untapped and alto has monopoly.

beef up your dealer and service network and give the alto sleepless nights!

I hope this new spark will keep the spirit of original matiz alive and improve upon it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 (Post 1239833)
OR ,

It might also be the spark LPG on test? Does the Spark already come in such a varient ??

yes, some countries of western Europe has spark on LPG (matiz eco-logic) but going by the failure of santro eco and wagon R duo, GM will think twice before launching it in India.

Hey. Dilip Chhabria visited our college BITS Pilani a few days back. I was lucky to catch him talk about his company and his projects.

He took the chevrolet beat as an example and went to great lengths in explaining how he actually built the concept show car. He mentioned that the base car for the concept was a spark itself, but the beat would be fitted with a brand new engine. Didn't mention exactly which one.

Coming back to the beat, as it is going to be longer than the spark, they had to split it open in the middle and elongate it (a la a limousine). All the parts are real, he told us, and each car they build is fully funtioning, unlike some other concept cars made out of fibreglass which are just for show.
The interiors were truly futuristic, to say the least !

Superb catch! I'm pretty certain that the 800cc will deliver better fuel effciency, but the question is:

1. Will it be cheaper to make? Facilities are already in place for the current engine. And how much of a saving in production cost does 200cc & 1 cylinder actually lead to?

2. Is the Chevy Spark being re-positioned even more? What's the target...side by side or below the Alto?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1240634)
Superb catch! I'm pretty certain that the 800cc will deliver better fuel effciency, but the question is:

1. Will it be cheaper to make? Facilities are already in place for the current engine. And how much of a saving in production cost does 200cc & 1 cylinder actually lead to?

2. Is the Chevy Spark being re-positioned even more? What's the target...side by side or below the Alto?

From the feel of the car, I have always felt that the Spark is better than the Alto (and is priced higher too), now if they are going to come out with an 800cc Spark, i believe for GM to succeed they would have to price it competitively against the Alto, and also continue to provide the 3 year maintenance plans (to cover for the perceived reliability issues).

Hi Rahulkool i also spotted the same vehicle at chennai deluxe hotel ,koyembedu .

If it is the 800CC spark, then it surely is going to be my next one replacing the Alto!!