Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 11:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Hey someone enquired about suspension upgrade for endeavour. I think 1-testostoron? Anyway Arc not sure if that is the right name is a Kolhapur based leafspring manufacturer who has developed a leafspring which has different rating compared to the factory fitted ones. They are a simple replacement item which claim to make ride less bumpy at the same time make the truck more stable at highway speeds an issue faced when you soften suspension with softer rated leafsprings.

Pics I saw of them show a single thick leafspring visa vi multiple spring of different ratings stalked one above the other that come from the ford. They claim the material used by them and the way it is made in the foundry ensures this. They were selling this at Rs. 25 or 35k so one wonders why the manufacturer has not adopted this type of springs. Anyway one needs to do deeper research/investigation before getting into this. Sounds tempting though. This I think has been covered else where on Teambhp or Autocar etc.

Last edited by canonball : 10th September 2009 at 11:42.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:28   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Anyway Arc not sure if that is the right name is a Kolhapur based leafspring manufacturer who has developed a leafspring which has different rating compared to the factory fitted ones.
You must take a peek down this thread. Whoever has riden on composites swears by the improvement in ride quality.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:38   #78
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

These a word going around in our office since yesterday evneing that the the endeavour too got booked for about 4-5k units on announcement itself and it too wont be available.

Have not checked with a dealer, any specific validated info that others know?
Old 11th September 2009, 10:14   #79
BHPian

No surprise to me as an average SUV buyer doesn't go in details such as rear suspension etc. To an average SUV buyer, Automatic Transmission, Inbuilt infotainment system with SatNav, Rear View Camera, 4 Airbags and last but not least brilliant price of 18 Lacs is more than enough to lure.
The size and equipment list is big enough to get the customers rolling in.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:22   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
No surprise to me as an average SUV buyer doesn't go in details such as rear suspension etc. To an average SUV buyer, Automatic Transmission, Inbuilt infotainment system with SatNav, Rear View Camera, 4 Airbags and last but not least brilliant price of 18 Lacs is more than enough to lure.
Rightly said but IMHO all the features make the buyer to ignore rear suspension issue.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
These a word going around in our office since yesterday evneing that the the endeavour too got booked for about 4-5k units on announcement itself and it too wont be available.

Have not checked with a dealer, any specific validated info that others know?
Pure Rumor is what I have to say on that, 5000 bookings in around 24 hrs. This is not a compact car category. This is something big, which has low volumes in sales.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:11   #82
BHPian

Me too lured but I wont go flocking to the dealers booking window and rather wait for them to call. Had requested them for a test drive and with the update that they have also over booked now- it seems a remote possibility that they would call back.

1.Fortuner - dealers not bothered-over booked so- Test drive too Not Available
2.Endeavour AT- seems to be similar case as above
All other 4*4 SUVs - out of budget

so, if someone needs a diesel 4*4 SUV in 20 Lakhs its back to the same old story for now- Safari or Scorpio else go for petrol one- GV . Heard that GV with 1.9 DDiS has been launched in Europe and expected to be brought in soon here - power figures are on the lower side - 129 ps as read in some article.

Pajero, Captiva (4*4/AWD) are above 20 Lakhs.

Thankfully, Mhawk 4*4 is available now - 4 weeks waiting for delivery after booking though.

I dont think I need a vehicle at this time - sounds like "sour grapes".

Quote:
Old 11th September 2009, 17:02   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
This is utter nonsense !! Just adding AT and lowering the price by a lakh is not going to bring 5000 bookings overnight. Let's get reasonable folks.

BTW the Ford India website still shows the old version. Looks like they were planning to take their own sweet time bringing it into the market until they were hit on head with by Toyota.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:16   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is utter nonsense !! Just adding AT and lowering the price by a lakh is not going to bring 5000 bookings overnight. Let's get reasonable folks.
To highly knowledgeable guys like you, this is utter nonsense. But to 99% of others, Ford has done brilliant job. Believe me, hardly 1% of potential big SUV buyers out of this forum care about suspension and other technical issues. They just see the vehicle in person, it's build quality (Solid Hai type), interiors and price. To these people, Ford has done more than enough. No other SUV as of now can think of providing Auto Transmission with this powerful 3L diesel engine and host of other goodies. But then, this group of people drive growth and not guys like you and myself Bigger and Brawnier -The Better is the new state of tune for these manufacturers.

Last edited by 1-Testosterone : 11th September 2009 at 17:20.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:33   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To highly knowledgeable guys like you, this is utter nonsense. But to 99% of others, Ford has done brilliant job. Believe me, hardly 1% of potential big SUV buyers out of this forum care about suspension and other technical issues. They just see the vehicle in person, it's build quality (Solid Hai type), interiors and price. To these people, Ford has done more than enough. No other SUV as of now can think of providing Auto Transmission with this powerful 3L diesel engine and host of other goodies. But then, this group of people drive growth and not guys like you and myself Bigger and Brawnier -The Better is the new state of tune for these manufacturers.
Trust me, I am a big fan of the Endy. My only gripe is with the rear leaf springs. More than anything else just the shortsightedness of the Ford folks since it is really no big deal to do a Coil Spring conversion, like Mahindra and Tata have done. Endy is an excellent product and with the price revision and AT it makes a lot of sense compared to the Fortune for those who want AT.

I was saying that 5000 bookings on the launch date as claimed by some is purely a baseles rumor.
Old 13th September 2009, 13:26   #86
BHPian

So the endeavour has screen on headrests as well for rear passengers, as far as i've seen the pics.
Old 13th September 2009, 23:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
So the endeavour has screen on headrests as well for rear passengers, as far as i've seen the pics.
Its not on headrest there is a single screen attached hanging from the roof between driver and co-driver seats.

The deliveries will start from next month as told by salesman.
Old 14th September 2009, 07:29   #88

Ford once again has made a big let down of all the expectations. Leave aside the leaf spring rear suspension, may be ford is stubborn on that part, but wat about the other. Ok, I do acknowledge the added goodies, and am quite excited about those, but on what ground does it justifies itself that a 18 lac car is being offered with those age old rotatory knob a/c controls!! Even cars as low as punto and swift for instance have those.
And one thing am not able to understand is that why do car companies just strike the features off the list when it comes to launching the same car in india, and that implies to every car company out there. Ford being in the same league did the same thing.

I literally cancelled my booking for endy 3.0 4x4 back in april when i came to know that it was gonna be launched in new avatar somewhere later in the year (for which i heartedly thank T-Bhp), and that it has already been launched in Philippines. The same model there has, in addition to what we got here, lcd's on headrests, 18 inches diamond cut alloy wheels.

Now after months of wait, I am stuck in a confusion. I still want to go for endy, and can even overlook all the setbacks, but what's stopping me are those small 16 inch weird looking alloys. I know I can easily upgrade them afterwards, but I don't want to go for those aftermarket ones.

Bhpians help out.. Is there any way out. Can Ford on special request, make available the ones sold in Philippines!!
Old 14th September 2009, 10:13   #89
BHPian

Ford did an awful job by not changing the rear suspension. It could have been easily rectified by Ford.
A/C knobs though isn't an excuse (It should have been upmarket though).

But overall Ford did a great job. Think about it - Which company can provide you a real SUV with brilliant 3 liter diesel, automatic transmission and 4 airbags and pretty good infotainment system - All under 18 Lacs Ex-Showroom?

Barring rear suspension, these new features make new Endeavour really look like a 18 Lac SUV (unlike Fortuner, though Fortuner may be a better bet overall). At the end of the day, one feels like Rs 18 Lac well spent.

Of course, future competition will bring in more heat and will make these manufacturers provide us even more value for money vehicles in this class. The era of overpriced Pajero and Outlander is over.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:15   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Of course, future competition will bring in more heat and will make these manufacturers provide us even more value for money vehicles in this class. The era of overpriced Pajero and Outlander is over.

I hope so mate. We need to throw the diesel CRV and diesel Grand Vitara into the ring to bring in some competition. It's also time for Mitsu to make the next move with the Pajero 2.8. They need make it a better value than Ford Endy and Fortuner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks