Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 13:26   #91
BHPian

They (Suzuki and Mitsubishi) can easily do it. Till now, these manufacturers have been laughing their way to bank like crazy for the pas so many years. I assume, all SUV lovers should thank Toyota from the bottom of their heart by revolutionizing SUV market. Without Fortuner launch, Ford would not have priced their SUV competitively and on the other hand, Mitsubishi would have revised (say increased) the prices of Pajero by couple of lacs by affecting some cosmetic changes (especially dual tone paint - or clown paint as marked by you )
Old 14th September 2009, 17:49   #92

Fellows my actual query is about the alloys and tires.
Please tell me is there any way i can get the ones coming standard in the Philippines model, those 18 inch ones. Can Ford by any chance make those available, if not then is there any other way out??
Old 14th September 2009, 20:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You must take a peek down this thread. Whoever has riden on composites swears by the improvement in ride quality.
I was googling for this and found this interesting link. I am not knowledgeable enough to interpret this correctly but to me it appears that there was an issue with using carbon fibre leaf springs in Ford ranger that went away after Ford switched back to traditional springs.

Check out the section titled "Rear suspension" in the following article
StateMaster - Encyclopedia: Ford Ranger EV
Old 15th September 2009, 10:03   #94
BHPian

Price revision of Ford Endeavour before to - after facelift

3.0 4x4: 17.4 L --> 17.99L (Ex S/R Delhi) [up by almost 60,000]
2.5 4x2: 15.07L --> 15.99L (ex S/R Delhi) [up by almost 1lakh]

Now for extra 60k on the 3.0 4x4, I'm getting A/T + SATNAV, Touchscreen DVD with iPOD, Aux, SD, USB, Bluetooth, Video, TV ..... + 2 side airbags + Rear Camera and I cannot the 4x4 with an M/T!!!

And what am I getting for the extra 1 lakh on the 2.5 4x2?
6 CD Changer + ??

If the changes warranted an increase in price by 1lakh for the 2.5, then how come only 60k up for the 3.0 that packs in so many features?

But then if I'm the one loooking for a 4x2 only and not really a 4x4'er then? Why penalise me?

All in all the price of 17.99 L is too good.
Given the timing of this launch and pricing (immediately after Fortuner closed bookings), it seems to be a desperate measure to retain prospect interest by Ford. Not sure how long that will last.

Also came to know rom sources in the print media that Ford was planning to release an AD of the New Endy in a reputed newpaper, but ducked out at the last minute (9.30pm on previous day to be precise) bcoz they came toknow that Toyota was giving out the THANK YOU ad of the Fortuner .

As of now the dealer tells me that here in Bangalore, that the 4x2 will not be available until another 2 good months.

And if there really is going to be a waiting period on this one, and I am in the queue, what are my assurances that Ford will not revise the prices, say after 2-3 months (as a new year gift)

Probably the Ford's foresaw the onslaught with the new breed of SUV's from more directions than one. Add to it the kick-in-your-face pricing of Fortuner.

Endeavour has been the market leader in the Middle SUV segment for almost 3 years now.
With new competitoin coming in, it will be interesting to see how this changes.

The elections seem to be coming close....

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2009 at 16:01. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please
Old 15th September 2009, 15:17   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post

6 CD Changer + ??
Buddy that too was a standard feature on the earlier endy 2.5...
so collectively, what you have new is just the looks and those weird alloy wheels.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:01   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now for extra 60k on the 3.0 4x4, I'm getting A/T + SATNAV, Touchscreen DVD with iPOD, Aux, SD, USB, Bluetooth, Video, TV ..... + 2 side airbags + Rear Camera and I cannot the 4x4 with an M/T!!!

6 CD Changer + ??
Aren't the 2 side airbags for both the versions (3.0 4x4 & 2.5 4x2)?
Old 15th September 2009, 16:06   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Somehow, the SUV looks too korean in looks department.

I personally did not like it. How many more versions of Endy will we see?

This is probably 5th version of Endy in last 5 yrs
Old 15th September 2009, 23:36   #98

It is supposed to be the last makeover with this car.

What we'll get next is the new generation endy, with all the new features and specifications. No confirmations as to when but yes, it will be an all new endy.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatdeep View Post
What we'll get next is the new generation endy, with all the new features and specifications. No confirmations as to when but yes, it will be an all new endy.
Excellent news. I hope that Ford will finally tweak the suspension to give it a decent middle row ride. Else it'll remain off my shortlist, no matter how good the features & specs
Old 16th September 2009, 12:58   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Yes the airbags are available with the 2.5 as well.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:04   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also came to know rom sources in the print media that Ford was planning to release an AD of the New Endy in a reputed newpaper, but ducked out at the last minute (9.30pm on previous day to be precise) bcoz they came toknow that Toyota was giving out the THANK YOU ad of the Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Somehow, the SUV looks too korean in looks department.
Agreed. I much prefer the butch looks of the older Endy. Perhaps the market thinks otherwise?

Quote:
I personally did not like it. How many more versions of Endy will we see?

This is probably 5th version of Endy in last 5 yrs
Not to mention, they haven't upgraded the rear leaf spring setup yet...ride comfort is more important to the target market than a new headlamp design.

Still, I think Ford has smartly taken the "automatic" USP line. At a price cheaper than the Fortuner.
Old 16th September 2009, 20:33   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Yes the airbags are available with the 2.5 as well.
Sorry sir,
But I think you might want to take a look at this screenshot from the company website

Old 16th September 2009, 20:43   #103
BHPian

Just coming back after a test drive. Its comfortable enough and launched it at few average sized speed breakers at average speed. Car was ok in handling steering was quite nice. Automatic transmission has taken out a lot of kick out of the engine and feels so slow as compared to the MT. Headlamps throw was quite dull (less than Scorpio). Driver's seat was also comfortable enough. Seems to be an average SUV and as gathered from inputs from TBHPians here may be its still VFM considering the features. My concerns with leaf spring suspension have been put to rest. Rest experience will be posted in appropriate forum.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:20   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Just coming back after a test drive. Its comfortable enough and launched it at few average sized speed breakers at average speed. Car was ok in handling steering was quite nice. Automatic transmission has taken out a lot of kick out of the engine and feels so slow as compared to the MT. Headlamps throw was quite dull (less than Scorpio). Driver's seat was also comfortable enough. Seems to be an average SUV and as gathered from inputs from TBHPians here may be its still VFM considering the features. My concerns with leaf spring suspension have been put to rest. Rest experience will be posted in appropriate forum.
Do do you mean leaf springs is not that big an issue as its made out to be.
did you clock 0-100 Km/H dash?
Old 16th September 2009, 22:00   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Do do you mean leaf springs is not that big an issue as its made out to be.
did you clock 0-100 Km/H dash?
As the suspension is unchanged here is my experience with previous Endy

I have driven the Endeavour to a holiday in rajasthan, Ride though not as good as the Pajero is leagues ahead of our Scorpio VLX,overall i found it very acceptable and not as bad as pointed out here.

Handling is typical chassis based SUV with rear rolling too much on corners with spirited driving but never gets so nervous like Safari and Scorpio.Some people may not like the low middle seats where seating is with knees up position but so is with most low slung sedans like OHC and my Elantra.High speed stability of endeavour is very good.

And the final blow, Fortuner may have better overall dynamics but it cannot beat the superb steering feel and response of the ford.AWD would have helped handling a lot.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks