Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 14:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Ford Endeavour with AT EDIT: Now launched

Bounced upon this story, where it mentions Ford Endeavour will be launched in Automatic Transmission.

No timelines mentioned for the launch though. The price difference with manual seems minor as compared to competitors.

Text Reproduced here as well .

__________________________________________________ _________

Endeavour is the hardcore SUV from Ford’s product portfolio. The company now plans to launch its automatic version in India. The model currently comes with 2.5L and 3.0L engine option (Thunder+). The new models will sport Ford’s five speed automatic remission system that features an innovative Transmission Control Module (TCM) that can automatically detect and quickly adjust to the changing engine speed and driving condition. The new Endeavour with automatic transmission is also expected to come equipped with Borg Warner’s Shift-on-the-Fly system. The active-Shift-on-the-Fly mechanism will enable you to switch between 2wd and 4wd up to 100kmph. There may be a price hike of up to Rs. 50000 for both the models – Ford Endeavour and Endeavour Thunder+.

Currently, Mahindra offers Scorpio Automatic which falls at the lower end of the segment. Toyota is now ready to launch Fortuner is India built on IMV platform. The new automatic model of Endeavour is likely to fall between these two models.

Ford Endeavour Automatic | CarTradeIndia.com

Mods: If you feel this thread duplicates or needs to be merged then kindly delete or merge it accordingly. I thought this would be interesting to watch out for hence a new thread.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:08   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

At 50 grand, it is a steal! The Endeavour sells well despite the harsh ride, and diesel automatics aren't that bad on fuel consumption either. Automatics may so much sense in our driving conditions, I expect a good number of futury Endy owners to opt for the automatic.

Ford is moving in the right direction of late. First, the brilliant Fiesta 1.6S, then a well-priced Ikon 1.4 TDCi and now an auto Endy at a 50,000 premium!
Old 1st April 2009, 19:09   #3
BHPian

Hey GTO, a lesson for Skoda to learn?
Old 1st April 2009, 23:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

April autocar issue also mentions that. It also says that Ford is doing that to compete with Fortuner which will be released with AT as well.
Old 1st April 2009, 23:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great move by Ford. Its nice to see an increase in the no. of AT vehicles in the Indian market. At 50k over the manual, the Endy AT will be a good buy. Its a huge car but AT should make it easier to drive around. And its diesel. Looks like they are acting on the Captiva AT launch.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

I understand the launch is this week, does anyone know which date ? I need to go there for the launch event. Cant miss it.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:58   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ford will be marketing the slushbox to its fullest, considering recent market developments (read = Toyota Fortuner ). Think of it this way, if Ford offers the auto for only 50K more, it's still cheaper than the manual Fortuner! Good times for SUV potentials.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

I saw one standing outside the ford showroom today... said 6-speed automatic or did i read it wrong.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:03   #9
BHPian

What I have read at different places is that Ford would be launching a facelift of the existing Endy and the Automatic would be available on the 3.0 ltr version with no MT option.

IIRC, they have already launched the facelift in Thailand as "Everest".
Old 7th September 2009, 15:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I saw one standing outside the ford showroom today... said 6-speed automatic or did i read it wrong.

Yes. Apparently it is going to be a six speed tranny as far as I have heard. Has it launched already?
Old 7th September 2009, 15:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Six speed? Wow! That is very impressive
Old 7th September 2009, 15:52   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The ones in the Thai market is a 5-Speed auto. I doubht, they will launch anything different for the Indian market since the powertrain is sourced from Thailand. But if they do offer 6-Speed, it will be great.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:00   #13
BHPian

The automatic is the same as the one they sell in Thailand as "Everest". Ford sources Endy as a CKD from Thailand and assembles them in Chennai
Old 7th September 2009, 16:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Yes. Apparently it is going to be a six speed tranny as far as I have heard. Has it launched already?
I read in Zig wheels yesterday that the new Everest / Endy has been launched in Thailand is going to be launched this month in India. The 3.0 L will be available in only AT. But the article said it will be a 5 Speed
Old 7th September 2009, 17:04   #15
BHPian

Some images I found on zigwheels.com of the new Auto Endevour or Everest as its called in Thailand.

Latest Car & Bike Pictures -Zigwheels.com

It would be nice if we had the SATNAV..........
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks