Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 11:53   #16
BHPian

On one hand It's a nice move from Honda, discontinuing the version which was actually not requierd but on the other hand that is giving them again the space to overprice their City more.
Old 5th April 2009, 12:39   #17
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
On one hand It's a nice move from Honda, discontinuing the version which was actually not requierd but on the other hand that is giving them again the space to overprice their City more.
Absolutely; bring in anniversary edition of ANHC with better interiors & alloys and take it to 10lac range. Gives enough headway for Jazz to be priced between 7-8.5 lacs
Old 5th April 2009, 21:42   #18
BHPian

Civic E is too spartan for its league. Who would pay about 11.5L OTR for a car without alloys, ACC etc? (I hope it had atleast a wheel cap!)

I am glad to see it go. But, on the other hand, E version seemed to be the cheapest way to lay hands on the wonderful 1.8L iVTEC engine...
Old 6th April 2009, 11:04   #19
BHPian

@ sriramv.iyer

Well That's what I mentioned in my first post.

Honda has made errors both the time with E version of Civic.

First: By launching the Machine at 11.5L with no frills
Second: By discontinuing now, after recent price reduction of 1 lac, the car sounded more VFM and an easy step to enter in that category, and as a result they were selling more E versions than V in recent times.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Absolutely; bring in anniversary edition of ANHC with better interiors & alloys and take it to 10lac range. Gives enough headway for Jazz to be priced between 7-8.5 lacs
Why are you advocating such high prices for these 2 models. ANHC is already overpriced and Honda should give better interiors and some more gadgets in the existing prices.

Imagine they dont even give a CD player and a Engine temp. meter in the car.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Why are you advocating such high prices for these 2 models. ANHC is already overpriced and Honda should give better interiors and some more gadgets in the existing prices.

Imagine they dont even give a CD player and a Engine temp. meter in the car.
Even i fail to understand why does nt honda provide an engine temp gauge it only has the blue cold marking for sometime but after reaching operating temprature s there is no way to tell wether the car is boiling above requisite temprature or what ???
Old 6th April 2009, 13:40   #22
BHPian

No; there is a red 'high engine temperature' warning light to the upper left of the blue 'cold engine' light. Should be fine for most people; how often do modern cars overheat anyway?
Old 6th April 2009, 14:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Well, probably the only reason Honda will discontinue is their over pricing strategy.

First they put overpriced ANHC in 9-10 L segment. (which is dangerously close to Civic E).

Now after removing E, they can safely increase price of ANHC!!!

By which they can easily position their Jazz around 8-9 L segment.

So, IMO, their pricing strategy will be,

8- 9 L: Jazz
10-11 L: ANHC
12-14L: Civic
18-21L: Accord
>21L : CRV (after price hike)
slightly OT, honda is determined to price their cars really high, i could never understand the logic and value. If they price Jazz at 8-9 lacs, sure they are going to increase the sales of Fabia

Civic hybrid was big blunder, those who bought it before the 8 lac discount must be regreting big time even today.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:54   #24
BHPian

Honda had decided to discontinue Civic S, I think in March last year. That time I was interested to buy it and had told the salesman that it was a very bad move on the part of Honda to have discontinued S version.

Now I have been proved right. This March I bought Altis Automatic but did not even consider Civic, as it is now 3 years old and has hardly any features which are currently available in far cheaper cars.

Just a fundoo dashboard, speedo and a good engine alone do not make a complete car.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:52   #25
BHPian

With all these changes what does the new base model Civic bring to the table in terms of features? How does it compare to the high end ANHC?
Old 24th April 2009, 12:34   #26
BHPian

Civic "S" Relaunched, Mods change the title

Honda has reluanched the "S" version of the Civic and the "E" model is discontinued.

Price

The (Ex - Delhi) Price of the "S - MT" version is: 1166000
The (Ex - Delhi) Price of the "V - MT" version is: 1246000
The (Ex - Delhi) Price of the "V - AT" version is: 1318000

Differences from previous "S" version

Price difference from "V" has increased to 80000 which before discontinuing this version was 60000, to make it more VFM.

No AT transmission would be available, AT was available in previous "S" version but not in this. AT would now be available in "V" version only.

All the features would remain the same as in the previous "S" version, means it shares everything with "V" version, Minus Leather seats, Fog Lamps and OVRM's turn indicators.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Honda has reluanched the "S" version of the Civic and the "E" model is discontinued.

Price

The (Ex - Delhi) Price of the "S - MT" version is: 1166000
The (Ex - Delhi) Price of the "V - MT" version is: 1246000
The (Ex - Delhi) Price of the "V - AT" version is: 1318000

Differences from previous "S" version

Price difference from "V" has increased to 80000 which before discontinuing this version was 60000, to make it more VFM.

No AT transmission would be available, AT was available in previous "S" version but not in this. AT would now be available in "V" version only.

All the features would remain the same as in the previous "S" version, means it shares everything with "V" version, Minus Leather seats, Fog Lamps and OVRM's turn indicators.
Seems very similar to the G model of the Altis. The Altis should work out to approximately Rs. 70,000 - Rs. 80,000 (OTR) cheaper though.

I think this will help them steal some prospective Altis customers. A friend of mine is deciding between the two. He preferred the Civic but was most likely going to buy the Altis due to the VFM factor. With the new "S" model I think he will go the Civic way after all.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:35   #28
BHPian

I think Civic E & S are now not available any more. I visited Honda website and the only trim available is Civic V. I believe honda is preparing to launch the facelifeted Civic at the earliest. It is already available in Malaysia and soon should be available here with INCREASED prices
Old 24th April 2009, 14:00   #29
BHPian

"E" version is not available but "S" version is available with all the dealers.

The site might not have been updated as the version is just been relaunched.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

The face-lifted Civic is a long time coming..Honda should have launched it long back.Imagine..when the Civic was first launched it was the king of its segment.All hailed its futuristic looks,its alien interior and its rev-happy VTEC.It was way ahead of its time.Today the Altis is breathing down its neck..sales have dropped.How far the game has moved on!! Relaunch of the S version pragmatic.E was too basic.Only suitable for hotel purpose

Most Viewed