Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 16:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
The face-lifted Civic is a long time coming..Honda should have launched it long back.Imagine..when the Civic was first launched it was the king of its segment.All hailed its futuristic looks,its alien interior and its rev-happy VTEC.It was way ahead of its time.Today the Altis is breathing down its neck..sales have dropped.How far the game has moved on!! Relaunch of the S version pragmatic.E was too basic.Only suitable for hotel purpose
One of my friend is in touch with Honda Dealership and is intimated that Face Lifted Civic is going to be released by May 10th. It is delayed by 3 weeks as the Honda plant was shutdown for some time.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:43   #32
BHPian

Hey That is good news. I was about to book a civic. I had gone to the dealership a lot of times quizzing about the face lifted civic(thanks to this thread). They acted like having no clue at all.
Thanks a lot rajanvash. I am going to wait. Hope the cat will be out soon.
Old 4th May 2009, 18:05   #33
BANNED

i was told 6 months till the launch last week. do these people even know what they are on about. the civic is the slowest selling model now i feel. rest the city is going great guns but i have a feeling im gonna let it pass.
Old 4th May 2009, 18:41   #34
BHPian

Honda will first launch Jazz, perhaps in June. 'Refreshed' Civic will then be launched atleast 3 months down the line means around September. When Indian public is still buying about 500-600 Civics per month and that too at a inflated price, then why should Honda launch an upgrade.

In any case the refreeshed Civic is supposed to be mostly a cosmetic upgrade, so why should people be excited about it.
Old 5th May 2009, 08:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
By which they can easily position their Jazz around 8-9 L segment.

So, IMO, their pricing strategy will be,

8- 9 L: Jazz

Trust Honda to overprice, but Jazz at 8L ???
After looking at the scoop pics of Jazz testing, thats a tad too steep for that segment and that car.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:53   #36
BHPian

Bad news. Spoke to the Dealer just now and they are sure that facelifted civic would not be available till July.
Jazz would be available for Display/ test Drives by June End.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:29   #37
BHPian

Bad News. I dont think I would be able to wait that much. Thank you rajanvash for the news. I was also thinking why they launch S variant again and then do a quick face lift? Maybe they have a lot of sport variant left unsold and want to clear all those now with the S. Any way like akj53 told, afterall it is just a cosmetic upgrade.

Most Viewed