Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 21:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wow. I wasn't aware of the Nissan showroom in that spot. Given Ichibaan's history and the supposed jinx of the location, lets see how it goes. Actually, more than anything, Nissan's CBU pricing will be the root cause of, well.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:57   #32
BHPian

I saw a glimpse of VW showroom opp.Rachana Sansad at Prabhadevi while turning right from Rabindra Natya Mandir signal.

What is at the corner diagonally opp. G3 Mahindra Showroom next to Pogen Pohl? Is it Shaman Honda ? I pass that place everyday, but don't recollect what is there.
Old 3rd October 2009, 09:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

that nissan showroom looks nice. can we have more pix of the super cars showrooms too? Porsche and rolls royce for example.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:51   #34
BHPian

Waghle Estate - Automobiles Showrooms in 2KM Radius

Mods I dont know whether I should be writing this as a separate topic or not. However I have just noticed that with the opening of Hallmark Honda showroom (earliar Udit motors) another brand has opened its showroom in Wagle Estate @ Thane.

We already have Millennium Toyato, Fortune Motors (if I am not wrong this is Tata - Fiat showroom), Spectra motors (Maruti showroom), Thana Motors (again a Maruti showroom) - all these show rooms are in the radius of 2 Kms. Add to this we have Modi Hyundai & GM showrooms next to each other on eastern express highway.. There is a Skoda Showroom (JMD motors) opposite to these two show rooms.

So Thaneites can have a vast choice to cars to test drive and finalize as well.

Mods only approve if you think if appropriate to have in this thread.

Thanks....

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th October 2009 at 12:24. Reason: Moved to appropriate thread and edited accordingly! ;)
Old 20th October 2009, 21:04   #35
Team-BHP Support

Re Worli - interesting bit is that the only mainstream company that I can think of that does not have a showroom in the prabhadevi - cadbury house belt is Ford. Every other mfgr I can think of has one / more showroom. To recap taking into account recent & changes starting from the new VW showroom ... here goes:

VW;
Mahindra / Renault;
Honda;
Skoda;
Tata / Fiat;
Nissan
Hyundai; (Next to Merc)
Mercedes;
Toyota;
Maruti (Sai)
Hyundai; (next to Phoenix)
Audi;
Mitsubishi;
Rolls Royce;
Jaguar / Land Rover
Maruti (Vitesse);
BMW;
[Hyundai?] [@ Mahalaskshmi (still there?]
GM (National).

Missed anyone?

Again, I'm saying mainstream (so not counting porsche that's after peddar road). Volvo too is a little early in terms of products to be mainstream at this point.

PS: Conversely, just because a name is on the list I'm not saying its mainstream - the list is merely for completeness.
Old 21st October 2009, 00:46   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
....only mainstream company that I can think of that does not have a showroom in the prabhadevi - cadbury house belt is Ford.
Shaman Ford / Fiat -- once upon a time!

Quote:
....[Hyundai?] [@ Mahalaskshmi (still there?]
The space is entirely empty now. Not sure what is going to come up in its place.

Quote:
....Missed anyone?
Ducati @ Atria?

cya
R
Old 21st October 2009, 12:45   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Re Worli - interesting bit is that the only mainstream company that I can think of that does not have a showroom in the prabhadevi - cadbury house belt is Ford.
Unfortunate, but true. Ford has had three south bombay showrooms in the last 10 years (Peddar road, Altamount road and prabhadevi). Sadly all of them have shut down giving the brand zero presence in what is so obviously a lucrative geographic location.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
btw - on that note - any further info on that? was the earlier VW dealership 'terminated' or did he simply give it over to shift to nissan?
I think it was a professional parting of ways between VW management and Presidential Cars. Heard ( hearsay) that Ichibaan has had jinxed relationships with most car manufacturers. I test drove with Presidential, but they were very reluctant for the TD and post TD they never responded to my queries.

they should have had the courtesy to make it clear that they were on their way out- not professional I am afraid.

I would be careful if they are the sole dealers for Nissan in Bombay.

The new VW dealership is in the same place as Shaman Ford ( erstwhile Fiat dealer), adjacent to Ravindra Natya Mandir. Their workshop is near the Lalbaug signal and the Curry Road Station, in Bombay Gas Lane, Lalbaug.

Regards
Old 21st October 2009, 14:41   #39
Team-BHP Support

I know Ford was there previously - my list was more on current status. Have in fact TD'd the Fiesta diesel from Shaman when it was launched. GTO's later post is quite telling on Ford's current status - I wasn't aware that the Altamount showroom is also history - assumed it was still around.

You're right on Ducati - I kept it out since I excluded 2 wheelers (then there's also bajaj at Sai and god knows what more). My office in fact is right opposite Atria and I keep looking at the Ducati banner waiting for the damn showroom to open - that'll sure have some eye candy for lunch breaks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Shaman Ford / Fiat -- once upon a time!

The space is entirely empty now. Not sure what is going to come up in its place.

Ducati @ Atria?

cya
R
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:08   #40
BHPian

The deal for the Ducati Showroom was signed yesterday and the showroom will officially open by the end of December at Atria as planned. I know this because the showroom they have rented out belongs to us.

The cost of their bikes will range from 7.5-75 lakhs. They plan to sell about 50 bikes a month.

It is the same guy who own the Audi and the Porsche showroom is opening the Ducati showroom.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:21   #41
Team-BHP Support

75 lakh for a bike ??? Wow !! I had no idea that a bike could cost that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post

The cost of their bikes will range from 7.5-75 lakhs. They plan to sell about 50 bikes a month.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:29   #42
BHPian

Update: New Merc Show Room at Kalina C S T Road

Merc has opened new Showroom in Kalina now at the same place where Ichiban Honda existed earlier. Also adjacent to this is Shaman Motors Used Car showroom.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post

@GTO: BMW is right next to Vitesse opposite Jewel of India. Its an awesome showroom with an M V8 engine on display at the reception itself.

Dippy is the BMW showroom in Worli next to Jewel of India still there or has it shutdown or moved to another location ? Asking as i was there recently and didnot notice it. If it is still there, is it the same dealer that Bmw has , "infinity cars" ? ( as i only know the presence of Navnit motors in juhu and have only heard about infinity cars bmw in south bombay but never really seen it) & incase it has moved from worli, then where has it shifted to ????
Old 30th April 2010, 11:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Audi showroom in Worli shuts down. Heard theres something even bigger coming there. Now what could that be.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:01   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Audi showroom in Worli shuts down. Heard theres something even bigger coming there. Now what could that be.
Grapewine suggests Lambo. They were scouting for a place in Worli since quite a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks