Team-BHP - What is the mileage this car gives
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is the mileage this car gives (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5630-what-mileage-car-gives.html)

Guys,

Just want to find out how much mileage does Baleno gives? My friend who owns this car says it gives only 7-8 KMPL on city roads. Is it so? Is if because of the higher CC maruti was not able to manage with their best mileage band.

Also wants to find out how much mileage OHC 1.5 will give in city roads & is it powerful than Baleno.

the baleno should give you about 10-12kpl in city and abt 15kpl on the highways.
7-8kpl is too poor a FE for any 1.6l car.

iceman and vivaid,
waiting for your expert anwers on the baleno.

the 1.5 city had 100bhp,the VTEC had 106bhp while the 1.6 baleno has 92 bhp.

baleno has 94 bhp. .

Quote:

Originally Posted by west
baleno has 94 bhp. .

yeah ,
its 94 bhp.was thinking abt the 1.6 corsa sorry: hope the other details are right.

city driving with the a/c on full time gives yields me 11.5 - 12 kmpl... the driving is generally disciplined... gradual accelaration and no revvs beyond 3500 rpms....

the car has run around 2500 kms and has been given its first service....

should hopefully do a highway haul this weekend.. will be able to comment on the highway FE only then.

cheers

Quote:

My friend who owns this car says it gives only 7-8 KMPL on city roads
I guess he is revving the car too much. In normal driving conditions the Baleno is expected to give atleast 10kmpl if not more however Maruti claims it will give 11kmpl..

My Old Honda City used to give me 8 in city and 11 on highway but you know when i used to drive it like the NHC but in normal driving conditions it returned me a decent 11kmpl in City and 16 on the highways..

Car mileage depends on lot of factors such as individual driving habits, road conditions, traffic density as well as quality of fuel and condition of the car itself.

I feel it is not a good idea to compare figures. However there are some established mileage figures available for each car model, which may help us to determine whether the car is behaving, normal or not.

If one finds that the mileage figures are consistently below such established figure then s/he may want to take the car to an authorized service station for investigation.

For Baleno, one can reasonably expect a figure of 11 kmpl in city driving condition AC on for 80% of time and on highway she will give around 14 kmpl with AC on for 80% of the time.

my friends baleno is giving around 9-10 in city , he is a cautious and steady driver though.

average basically depends on ur drivin syle ie gear shifts, rev, etc
baleno should atleast retun average of abt minimum 10kmpl if the engine is well tuned...

i get around 11-12 on an average that includes the a/c during the day. on my recent trip to bombay and back i got an excellent average of 15 thoough i was constantly between 5000-6500 revs.

My Baleno give 10-11 on an average in Bangalore with AC on full time. The worst I got was 9.5, but that was because I used to keep the car on with AC on while waiting (sometimes nearly 15 minutes) for the airport road- manipal hospital junction signal.

Otherwise even with some aggressive driving it has never gone below 10.

By the way it also depends on how one calculates the milage figure. Also depends on how accurate (read honest) the gas bunk is.

Well, I am interested in knowing some benchmrks for NHC, any NHC users?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
Guys,

Also wants to find out how much mileage OHC 1.5 will give in city roads & is it powerful than Baleno.

Iam interested in finding out how much mileage will OHC 1.5 & 1.3 will give in city road traffic conditions and Highways.

Users of HONDA, please throw some light on this

Quote:

Iam interested in finding out how much mileage will OHC 1.5 & 1.3 will give in city road traffic conditions and Highways.

Users of HONDA, please throw some light on this
Dunno about the 1.5's City figure but, my uncle who owns a City 1.5 usually gets between 15-20kmpl. The best he's ever got is 24kmpl.

The Vtec gives between 10-14kmpl in the city and between 16-18kmpl on the highway. The best our car has given is 21kmpl.

It finally depends on the driving style, cross/head/tail winds, tyre pressure, road incline/decline etc.

Quote:

is it powerful than Baleno.
Yes the City 1.5 at 100bhp is more powerful than the 94bhp Baleno but, the Baleno is lighter by 10 kilos, produces low end torque and hits 100kmph in 2nd gear, which makes it slightly faster than the City 1.5.

What happens after 100kmph is a mystery. We'll know when we check out the 1/4 mile and Standing Km figures.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
my uncle who owns a City 1.5 usually gets between 15-20kmpl. The best he's ever got is 24kmpl.

The Vtec gives between 10-14kmpl in the city and between 16-18kmpl on the highway. The best our car has given is 21kmpl.

Shan2nu

AWESOME. Really Really your uncle should be lucky to have a vehicle which gives such an expectional mileage.

I was under the impression the best it could give is 9-11 & 1.3 version is 11-12 within city limits