Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 12:33   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is there some sort of an adjustment which can be done to focus the beam a little further up? The height adjustment mechanism which has been provided is of no use, as i noticed no difference at all.
Well, I had the same issue, what I did was put the car on High beam, change the headlight level mechanism to highest(4), then switch back to low beam. Apparently the Headlight leveler mechanism does not show a difference if changed when its on low beam. Try it out and see if this helps.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:00   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun911 View Post
Well, I had the same issue, what I did was put the car on High beam, change the headlight level mechanism to highest(4), then switch back to low beam. Apparently the Headlight leveler mechanism does not show a difference if changed when its on low beam. Try it out and see if this helps.
I dont see how this will make a difference, but will give it a try when i get to drive the car next time. The car is in my hometown used by my dad.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Are you sure yours is a 1998 model?? coz IIRC the Alto was launched sometime in September, 2000!
Yeah. You are absolutely right. Alto was launched in September 2000.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Is it the same for WagonR ?

My 5 year old WagonR does not rattle, but one CNG taxi i travelled in yesterday was rattling like hell (2008 model).
Although i miss the "pause" of doors(when they are opened/closed) of the newer models in my car.
Old 8th April 2009, 16:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've observed that the car hardly lights up any distance in front while on low beam, thereby forcing one to switch to the high beam, and earning the wrath of other fellow motorists. Is there some sort of an adjustment which can be done to focus the beam a little further up? The height adjustment mchanism which has been provided is of no use, as i noticed no difference at all.
I agree , have been having a tuf time driving back home in the evenings with the low intensity light. Will be upgrading the headlamps this weekend .

Benny you could try this, open the hood and loosen/tighten the screw on top of the headlight to increase/decrease the distance of the light throw. I tried this already and dint make a difference unless the bulbs have been changed.

Currently am keen on get the rattles fixed and a few other niggles here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I noticed in Alto: Too much of vibration when in idle but it goes off little bit if shell premium is used instead of shell normal fuel.
Ravi I don't think, this is the case. Dad was using IOC all these days since the last week I have been using Shell, hasn't made a noteworthy difference as such.

I some how think that the engine mounts needs to be checked for the vibration when idling . Whattddaaayyaa think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
The rattle is a part of the drive.
The door seems quite feeble (no 'thud' while closing)
The rear door seems of poor quality.
Cannot comment on the plastics as I have not seen the old Alto.

My car was bought in Dec 2008.
The older Alto was a hoot to drive and it would easily climb to 120 without any complaints. The newer one is sluggish, a clutch when released literally throws you back into your seat and I cant figure out the reasons.

This weekend am gonna dampen the boot lid and the rear doors. The rattle is very evident from the rear doors. Will need to get the engine vibration thingy also sorted out.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 8th April 2009 at 16:17.
Old 8th April 2009, 16:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

i have a 2004 alto. i dont hear any rattling sound at all. earlier the window regulator used to rattle. i changed it 4 times within warranty. they said it was present in all altos. then one mechanic altered and greased it properly.

now even after putting components in front door and GZ subwoofer in the boot nothing rattles at all.
one thing is new alto being euro III with EGR is a bit sluggish
Old 8th April 2009, 16:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I dont see how this will make a difference.
Even I never understood the concept behind this, but i stumbled upon this by fluke .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks