Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 12:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
One.
Skoda Petrol implies both the vRS, the 1.8TPi Rider and the laughable 2.0L petrol that was it first introduced with.

Two.
Define customer satisfaction. I would like to believe the ownership experience in its entirety majorly contributes to customer satisfaction, and that includes service backup, reliability and peace of mind. We all know where Skoda stands with that.

Three.
"Here is a car that has done well?" In what sense?
Done well w.r.t. sales figures? I don't think so, the Optra made a strong start in the segment, Corolla tore it up in the initial stages and later, the Civic came around and blasted it into the middle of next week.
Done well w.r.t. my Point no. 2? LOL.

Four.
The petrol (and here I assume you mean the 1.8 engine) smokes the Civic and Altis. Agreed, no doubt whatsoever, everyone here including navin, abhinav and non-vRS owners will stand testimony. Does that = 100% customer satisfaction? You've got to be kidding me.

i guess instead of putting your point accross to me, lets do another HATE TNS Automotive thread that might help.

AC
Old 8th April 2009, 12:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
i guess instead of putting your point accross to me, lets do another HATE TNS Automotive thread that might help.

AC
I haven't even mentioned "TNS" or "press release" anywhere in my post, hence the question of a "hate-TNS" thread doesn't arise. Point by point, I have only refuted with facts, what your post claims.

What more am I supposed to do to "put my point across to you" ??
Old 8th April 2009, 12:44   #18
BHPian

The TNS survey does not indicate the period of ownership during the survey. It may be a survey done immediately after delivery, where people are happy that they have a luxury(!) sedan and on most of the points tend to give a good score.

I am sure, if TNS had conducted the survey on long term ownership, the score would not be what they have indicated
Old 8th April 2009, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guys relax, the thread is hyperlinked to a site which is focussed on PR. All the stories which is being refered here are PR releases. If so why would the company not highlight what they have achieved even though it could be a small thing in the overall scheme of things.

The job of a PR guy is to give a positive spin to any event how ever negative it may be, so give credit to where its due guys.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:50   #20
BANNED

Quote:
lets do another HATE TNS Automotive thread that might help.
I dont get the tone? You copied a link here without knowing anything about the source. From where the actual information came from.

Lot of the surveys done by the big names around the world are suspect. Dont ask me why and how. Lets leave it at that.

The link you have pasted is an advertisement by Skoda. Its quite clear from the matter published and the biggest giveaway - it has the persons name leading the PR division. I dont know why you are trying to defend it.

The information given is true nonetheless, but do you know how actually it came about.

Remember one aspect of these surveys carried out by TNS - Sample size. Its has always been a very highly guarded secret by them.

What you should have pasted was this ->
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TNS_Market_Research_2008_TCS_Press_Release.pdf (113.9 KB, 557 views)

Last edited by Spitfire : 8th April 2009 at 12:53.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Ha!

Just another attempt by skoda to shove more dirt into the unsuspecting Indian customers' minds.

We team-bhpians need to spread the word, and expose skoda for what it really is.
+1000 to that. It seems Skoda is a little aware of the bad publicity now & rather than trying to fix their own issues with the dealers / management, they are just trying to publicise all sorts of dubious surveys that may very well be sponsored by them. I would put nothing beyond this company's Indian management. I have personally advised everyone I know never to buy a Skoda here and urge everyone to spread the word. Skoda's atitude is shameful to say the least

@GTO- spot on mate,this is a farce and a comical one at that.
@ImmortalZ - ROFLMAO

Last edited by maverick030581 : 8th April 2009 at 12:58.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I dont get the tone? You copied a link here without knowing anything about the source. From where the actual information came from.

Lot of the surveys done by the big names around the world are suspect. Dont ask me why and how. Lets leave it at that.

The link you have pasted is an advertisement by Skoda. Its quite clear from the matter published and the biggest giveaway - it has the persons name leading the PR division.

What you should have pasted was this ->
I absolutely do not appreciate the TONE in which this post has been written as you are indirectly blaming me for Promoting Skoda, which i am NOT doing.

What source is not known ??? I find it difficult to believe that educated individuals cannot find the PDF link.

Thank you for the advice which was not required. Free advice is easy to give.

AC
Old 8th April 2009, 12:59   #23
BHPian

So this is Skoda's response to the growing debacle. I fail to understand why they cannot address this issue in any meaningful way, make amends and communicate those amends rather than glossing over everything and anything with 'head in sand' approach.

Crisis PR requires acknowledging your mistake and taking corrective action, but then the system here is so slow and ineffective with the mainstream media compromised by advertisers that accountability is usually the last thing on anyone's mind. Folks feel they can get away with it by arm twisting or 'contacts' and sadly they often do.

However if they do not address the underlying issues this thing will blow in their face so badly they will regret not taking action earlier, sooner rather than later. This sort of callousness and indifference, reluctance to be held accountable and take responsibilty for their products and dealers becomes a culture and percolates down to everyone in the organization, dealers and partners, and is a ticking time bomb.

Last edited by raul : 8th April 2009 at 13:01.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:02   #24
BANNED

Quote:
I absolutely do not appreciate the TONE in which this post has been written as you are indirectly blaming me for Promoting Skoda, which i am NOT doing.
I dont find anything wrong. I am saying you are pasting a link and then justifying it without knowing the actual source. i.e the TNS Press Release.

Where on the link you pasted is there a link to the pdf i pasted?

Quote:
What source is not known ??? I find it difficult to believe that educated individuals cannot find the PDF link.
The source of the findings. Then being educated why didnt you post the link of the pdf instead of pasting the advertisement?

Quote:
Thank you for the advice which was not required. Free advice is easy to give.
If you are on a forum expect to get "advice" or comments as i would call thme if you start a post.

Stop blowing your top. No one called you Skoda. LOL.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Stop blowing your top. No one called you Skoda. LOL.

Sorry mods (as I am adding no further info to this thread) but that deserved a
Old 8th April 2009, 13:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

they seem to have conveniently forgotten that the skoda diesel is the bottom of the list
Old 8th April 2009, 14:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

This Meghna lady is doing an excellent job at CYA. Shes fighting for her firm quite positively on this forum and is even countering the bad publicity with some positive (read paid) publicity.

My comments inline below

"This comprehensive (seriously????) study covers over 45 models with customer evaluations taken in the key areas of sales satisfaction (Rudeness kicks in once first payment is made), product quality (high quality - unless you service at a Skoda showroom), vehicle performance (Good performance - unless you service at a Skoda showroom, then expect for breakdown due to fake parts) and design (1999 design), after sales service (too many review links to be added here), brand image (going down the tube as we speak), and cost-of-ownership (Sir, how much for a simple service with oil change?)."

I'd like to see the vRS and Rider 1.8T owners on this forum keep their highest ranked 'premium Midsize vehicle' if it did not drive the way it did. No doubt its a wonderful car, however it would be even better if the parts were inexpensive and the dealers did not steal, cheat and threaten their customers.

OT- SpitFire and AC, even though this is an interesting discussion, please start another thread on it, or take if 'offline'

Last edited by IronWolf : 8th April 2009 at 14:22.
Old 8th April 2009, 14:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Last few posts got me really cracking!
Back to the topic.
Useless debate,this article no way looks an authentic customer satisfaction one. Enough points have been stated why its a PR job.

Skoda can carry on wasting money on such things but can't do a right thing by satisfying the grieving customers. Pathetic.

@Iron- Good points.

Last edited by harry10 : 8th April 2009 at 14:22.
Old 8th April 2009, 14:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

@ac 427 :

Relax man. You're honestly posting one irrelevant post after another, without trying to understand the point someone is trying to put across to you. Stop being overly defensive. If you've posted something then there's a good chance someone might not agree with what you're saying. Doesn't mean you reply with a redundant post.

Yup, another post of free advice on offer. I apologize.

Most Viewed