Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 11:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia Petrol ranks highest on the TNS Total Consumer Satisfaction study

Amongst so many brick bats, here is a bouquet for Skoda. The more loved petrol has topped some customer satisfaction survey.

Cheers
Ac

sOURCE :Skoda Octavia Petrol ranks highest on the TNS Total Consumer Satisfaction study - Scores 100/100!
Old 8th April 2009, 11:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Better than Civics and Corolla!!!
Czech premium car manufacturer!!!

Which one is more laughable?

And look who's name comes up at the end of the article. Isn't it strange that they included a Skoda contact by name there? It's almost as if the article was sponsored. It's just my thought. Nothing factual about it.
Old 8th April 2009, 11:41   #3
BHPian

Ha!

Just another attempt by skoda to shove more dirt into the unsuspecting Indian customers' minds.

We team-bhpians need to spread the word, and expose skoda for what it really is.
Old 8th April 2009, 11:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry, consider this as spamming or whatever mods, but there's no words for this thread, except maybe...

!!
Old 8th April 2009, 11:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its the SkodaCorporate woman again!

She's fightin' us with dem press releases. Oh noes, we are done for.

Not.
Old 8th April 2009, 11:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

This website is only for sponsored stories i guess! read this
Chevrolet Optra Magnum wins TNS Voice of the Customer award - This talks about the Optra Magnum, and the story was published by someone from GM corporate! Lets brush this aside (i.e., ignore!)
Old 8th April 2009, 11:58   #7
BHPian

ha , another hogwash ... when will these research agencies try to be independent and report factual data ..
Old 8th April 2009, 12:00   #8
Team-BHP Support

This thread is late by 7 days.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Lets call a spade a spade, this is why there is this forum. Because we appreciate and understand the 'truth'. we do not get influenced by manufacturers claims.

But with all due respect this is a research done by TNS automotive which CANNOT and yet has not been forged.

there are issues with the service and ethics, but here is a 'car' that has done well. And yes i will stick my neck out and say that the Petrol Octavia smokes the civic and the altis Easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Its the SkodaCorporate woman again!

She's fightin' us with dem press releases. Oh noes, we are done for.

Not.
Sorry to burst the bubble. Its nto the skodacorporate woman. its me.

Cheers,
AC

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th April 2009 at 12:33.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:07   #10
BHPian

Sponsored?

The tone and manner of the article seems to indicate that it was written by some PR incharge at the company (my guess). It is clearly an advertisement for free check up or whatever they want to offer. This is what I would call an advertorial.

Also, it is very easy to 'alter' and 'manage' surveys and reviews. I have seen that in my previous avtaars in this field of advertising and PR.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Of course the car is good. That's why its up there on the masthead still.

However, it will smoke those Civics and Corollas only until the spurious parts put in by the dealer explode in a spectacular shower of sparks, shrapnel, body parts and wallet pieces.

It is the SkodaCorporate woman - the site is for press releases. It is a press release by Skoda and is done by her. You just posted it here.

Unless you're saying you are Meghna Choksey? In which case, give harish his car back, you devils!

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 8th April 2009 at 12:11.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
But with all due respect this is a research done by TNS automotive which CANNOT and yet has not been forged.

there are issues with the service and ethics, but here is a 'car' that has done well. And yes i will stick my neck out and say that the Petrol Octavia smokes the civic and the altis Easily.
One.
Skoda Petrol implies both the vRS, the 1.8TPi Rider and the laughable 2.0L petrol that was it first introduced with.

Two.
Define customer satisfaction. I would like to believe the ownership experience in its entirety majorly contributes to customer satisfaction, and that includes service backup, reliability and peace of mind. We all know where Skoda stands with that.

Three.
"Here is a car that has done well?" In what sense?
Done well w.r.t. sales figures? I don't think so, the Optra made a strong start in the segment, Corolla tore it up in the initial stages and later, the Civic came around and blasted it into the middle of next week.
Done well w.r.t. my Point no. 2? LOL.

Four.
The petrol (and here I assume you mean the 1.8 engine) smokes the Civic and Altis. Agreed, no doubt whatsoever, everyone here including navin, abhinav and non-vRS owners will stand testimony. Does that = 100% customer satisfaction? You've got to be kidding me.

Quote:
Unless you're saying you are Meghna Choksey? In which case, give harish his car back, you devils!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th April 2009 at 12:17.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:13   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It has raced far ahead of competition such as the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and Chevrolet Optra Magnum Petrol.
What a FARCE! Firstly, the Skoda Octavia petrol accounts for a small (read really small) percentage of Octavias sold. Not surprising as the 1.9 TDi diesel is so competitive.

Second, the diesel is reliable but the petrol isn't. Lastly, the petrol is killer expensive to maintain and is low on fuel-efficiency as well. The survey says nothing about how long the minimum ownership duration was, and thus, is simply rubbish.

A fantastic car to drive without doubt, far more than the Civic & the Corolla. But this survey is supposed to take into account service + maintenance expenses....where the 1.8 TPi sorely loses out.

Last edited by GTO : 8th April 2009 at 12:15.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

@GTO,

I too was wondering what data they've referred in order to state that it has "raced far ahead of competition such as the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and Chevrolet Optra Magnum Petrol."
Old 8th April 2009, 12:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course the car is good. That's why its up there on the masthead still.

However, it will smoke those Civics and Corollas only until the spurious parts put in by the dealer explodes in a spectacular shower of sparks, shrapnel, and wallet pieces.

It is the SkodaCorporate woman - the site is for press releases. It is a press release by Skoda and is done by her. You just posted it here.

lol well said. but am not meghna choksey or any of her accomplices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks