Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 22:42   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
just wondring how will this void warranty. where as it should'nt be..

Things like FFE, CAI, ECU remapping, air filters, etc. change the engine's power / torque / emission parameters. IMHO, manufacturers are justified in voiding warranty on these grounds.

But claiming to void warranties for reasons like alloy wheels, after market ICE / security systems, better lighting, etc. is shirking responsibility, IMHO.
Old 9th April 2009, 23:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
But claiming to void warranties for reasons like alloy wheels, after market ICE / security systems, better lighting, etc. is shirking responsibility, IMHO.
I second that!

Installing ICE, security systems etc do not interfere with the warranty at all!
For example, say I buy a M800 base model without the ICE and I get it installed from outside, there is no reason to void the warranty!

The dealers try these stunts to force their customers to buy the stuff from them rather than going to the accessories shops!
Old 9th April 2009, 23:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

If your installer cuts wires and causes an electrical fire, the manufacturer as well as the insurance company has every right to void warranty and insurance.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:26   #19
BHPian

I am reviving this thread for a query regarding FFE. I have seen that lots of people have mentioned that adding a FFE will void the warranty. To what level does it void the warranty? The thing is I have purchased a Baleno from the Maruti True Value outlet and am planning to go for a FFE. I don't want to void my warranty as such. If I go for a FFE will I have the warranty on the engine nullified or will the complete warranty get void?
Old 10th December 2010, 11:40   #20
BANNED

Re: What can make your car's warranty null and void?

See, an FFE will reduce the back-pressure (this is why you get in in the first place). In principle this will change to dynamics, so the vendor may be justified in treating the warrant as void. Also, as far allows are concerned it should not be an issue - but if you put spacers, then ....
Old 10th December 2010, 11:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

One thing for sure Warranty is given by the car manufacturer and not by the dealer. So how does having a good rapport with the dealer ensure warranty.

There is a 2 pager list which comes with every car as to what is included in the warranty and what is not. Its not possible to mention every thing but summing it all says that any after market modifiction/addition done to the vehicles mechanical or electrical system without approval from the manufacturer nulls the warranty.

For eg if the manufacturer has specified a tyre/rim size and any buyer changes that other than the required automatically nullifies the warranty say on suspension. Similarly any changes to electrical wiring nullifies the warranty on the immobilizer.

Gurus, Enlighten me if I am wrong somewhere.
Old 26th March 2011, 23:26   #22
BHPian

hi all, wanted to revive this thread with a specific question. i have been scoping to buy a new car and will most probably settle with a polo diesel. during my conversation with dealers in delhi, i was given this specific document which needs to be signed by customers upon delivery of the car.
does this mean, even if you dont cut any wires and install a plug and play after market hu(like ankit has done: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-6-polo.html) , warranty of car is voided simply because the hu is not endorsed by vw? please clarify as this wud affect my buying decision greatly..
Attached Thumbnails
What can make your car's warranty null and void?-vw.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks