Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 22:00   #31
Team-BHP Support

oops. honda just crapped themselves. sounds like a crazy deal.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:01   #32
BHPian

What is Skoda trying to do with this V6 and 4Wheel Drive - challange Audi ???

And finally somebody somebody has managed to trounce a Honda product. Now who will buy Accord ??

Now after the killer pricing, Skoda has to introduce only a 4 years warranty and service package to make Superb, its segment leader. This will also address the A.S.S. fright, which propective customers face before buying SKODA.

I hope Skoda will repeat this act of killer pricing & specs with the upgraded Laura.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th April 2009 at 00:10. Reason: after sales service.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:18   #33
BHPian

How reliable is skoda superb for the price ?
Any way its too early for some one to say, the car has just been launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Mr. Kuehl and the Sr. Vice President of Tafe Access, Mr. Kesavan announced the opening of the 61st Skoda Auto dealer outlet with the largest ‘Concept’ showroom in Hosur, Bangalore. Mr Kuehl said,
Any one been to this showroom ? Does they have service too? I would not mind driving to Bangalore to get a decent service (if i ever own a skoda).

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
“We have a long standing association with the Tafe Access group and with the new facility in Bangalore it only gets stronger and better. Our new showroom will cater to the growing demand for Skoda cars in and around Bangalore and is a symbol of Skoda’s philosophy reflected in the architecture of the building structure.
Lets see about that.
Old 8th April 2009, 23:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
20 hp with the remap is though not much but in conjunction to other basic mods like the filter, exhaust should make it add atleast 30hp for a price less than a lakh on a 25lakhs car is well worth it.
20bhp is not worth losing warranty for - especially if its a car with such expensive parts as a skoda. From 260 to 280bhp, one wouldn't even notice.

Also note that this is an FSI engine with no spark plugs. So standard mods such as porting and polishing may not work. Random tuners will end up ruining the engine.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 8th April 2009 at 23:35.
Old 9th April 2009, 00:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

The 4X4 V6 is a car that I must TD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
that was nice!
OT - Most of the horror stories i have read are for Laura and Octy, seldom for a superb. Any idea why is that?
The only reason i can think of is Superb sales are way less than octy and laura.
Another factor could be that Superbs are normally driven more sedately. A disproportionately high number of complaints are about the RS, which is a car that begs to be driven hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
another faux pas by Skoda PR. First their parent claims that Skoda India is merely an importer and has no relation to the parent company, and now this
No Himanshu, they said that Skoda India is a seperate entity, competent to deal with claims independently. (They are, unless you lift the corporate veil.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
oops. honda just crapped themselves. sounds like a crazy deal.
Takes more than 2 new variants to do that. Honda has a devoted fan following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
20bhp is not worth losing warranty for - especially if its a car with such expensive parts as a skoda. From 260 to 280bhp, one wouldn't even notice.
I agree, no point losing the warranty. Re-maps are best avoided in these cars due to their complex electronics.

I have not seen the V6, but have seen a brand new diesel being brought into the workshop last week. My first impression is that it is too noisy, the Diesel clatter is too loud.

The local dealer has been pushing me to TD the Superb, I should ask him for a TD of the 4X4 V6 - the garibon ka Quattro.

Cheers,
Old 9th April 2009, 00:35   #36
BHPian

I doubt that the superb will sell as many units as the Honda.
Honda=piece of mind.
Skoda=Piece of ?ehem
Also the Indian buyer is very sensitive and cautious when it comes to spending money and therefore I don't think that in the first place many V6 either on Honda/Superb will sell and those numbers wont matter to these giants to effect their strategies.
But yeah I was looking to buying the new superb but seeing Skoda's threats and hearing poor service standards from friends I am not going to buy a Skoda in the near future. A real shame on Skoda's part (: as they have excellent products but managements reflecting standards of local post office.

Last edited by morphin1 : 9th April 2009 at 00:36.
Old 9th April 2009, 00:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also note that this is an FSI engine with no spark plugs. So standard mods such as porting and polishing may not work. Random tuners will end up ruining the engine.
Are you sure the engine has no spark plugs? Thats something new for me... I always though no matter what petrol, the engine will have spark plugs.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Are you sure the engine has no spark plugs? Thats something new for me... I always though no matter what petrol, the engine will have spark plugs.
Apologies it does have a spark plug. Not sure what I was smoking when I typed that .
Old 9th April 2009, 09:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The pricing for the V6 is very surprising. Just found out that the car costs ~35000 euro in Europe. Wonder how they priced it so cheap.
They've learnt from their mistakes with harishv. Now they're selling the cars with fake parts to being with

Just kidding. Have to admit it's a brilliant product, and good effort with the pricing.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th April 2009 at 09:48.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
They've learnt from their mistakes with harishv. Now they're selling the cars with fake parts to being with
Or stealing them. They have 2.66valves/cylinder in the V6 (refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1252142 )

Old 9th April 2009, 11:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Superb V6 with plenty of power and torque, all the features and comforts, with a DSG gearbox and most importantly its a 4 wheel drive which would translate in perfect handling and ride.
Just perfect, that's what I want.

But, how does it compare to the Accord V6 which has 10 bhp more but no 4 wheel drive???
Features wise, the accord lags big time. But yes if you want peace of mind then the accord would be a wiser choice!
Old 9th April 2009, 12:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Or stealing them. They have 2.66valves/cylinder in the V6 (refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1252142 )

Yeah had a look at that post. Really cracked me up !! And nice mathematical logic on the 2.66 valves figure.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:22   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa 260 petrol BHP, 350 NM of torque, AWD, all at a price under 30 lakhs! Who would've imagined. Kudo's to Skoda for continuing to sell truly enthusiast cars. First the RS, and now a super powerful Superb. Not only does this car make the Accord V6 look woefully overpriced, but even the C + 3 series petrols have something to worry about.

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttt Skoda's terrible service standards, lack of ethics / basic standards and the company's arrogant disdain for its own customers would be a deterrent to many potential customers. Until they improvise on the same, the Superb will figure in the mid-pack / bottom of my recommendation lists. It's a shame really....such a fantastic car designed by Skoda Europe, but the prospects ruined in India due to their shocking management practices.

Expect the 2.0D to garner the majority of Superb sales, followed by the 1.8 petrol and then by a handful of V6 AWDs.

Quote:
^^I don't think remaps on this engine will be of too much value - its a NA engine not turbo.
If the horsepower is equal, (in a petrol) I prefer normally aspirated horses to the turbo type. Generally more linear power delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Another factor could be that Superbs are normally driven more sedately. A disproportionately high number of complaints are about the RS, which is a car that begs to be driven hard.
Two corrections:

1. The previous gen Superb wasn't particularly reliable. Mid-range VW's are known for their unreliability.

2. The Laura has reported as many issues, if not more than, the RS.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Now after the killer pricing, Skoda has to introduce only a 4 years warranty and service package to make Superb, its segment leader. This will also address the A.S.S. fright, which propective customers face before buying SKODA.
Doubt it! The A.S.S. still has to be provided by their own dealers right? So you go to a dealer, he puts spurious parts for free, any advantage?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

Just kidding. Have to admit it's a brilliant product, and good effort with the pricing.

Add another 15 lacs (atleast) to the original price of V6. (for ***)

Now you will get the true price for Superb V6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks