Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2005, 23:59   #46
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
wait for the new baleno then but my choice as of today will be a NHC however one dealer told me that ABS and Airbags are available on Baleno will confirm.. if it is surely i would go for the baleno..
Now that is something, which can swing the needle towards Baleno, remember, I am a family man in 40s with responsibilities of wife and kid.
Old 26th May 2005, 11:58   #47
BANNED

CLS 55 AMG even i didnot find any problems with the NHCs power but yeah i was beaten twice by 1.6 Chevvys.. but otherwise i left the traffic smoking.. had to pull all the way till 6000RPM and i am sure no competition was there other wise i would have been smoked.. but the thing which doesnot impress me about the NHC is poor brakes.. they tend to lock up a lot..

@ SMG.. i will just comfirm to you in a a few minutes about Baleno..

You will know what i mean

Last edited by Montoya : 26th May 2005 at 12:03.
Old 26th May 2005, 12:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG
There obviously has to be something good about a car thats selling more than the Palio, Petra, and Baleno combined.
It is the FE and Honda Tag. Even if it had everything else, which it has now, apart from FE, sales would have gone down for sure. Well! You don't need a genius to say that in FE paranoid Indian market.
Old 26th May 2005, 13:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but the thing which doesnot impress me about the NHC is poor brakes.. they tend to lock up a lot..
That's not poor brakes my friend, that's poor tyres.

Shan2nu
Old 26th May 2005, 13:19   #50
BANNED

Well yeah poor tyres shan but also i found the santros brakes better then the NHC?
Old 26th May 2005, 13:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

Shan, it can be poor brakes as well. Tyres will decide maximum traction on a given surface, but brakes will decide how quickly can it reduce the angular speed of wheels to the point where it starts locking and skiding. That is the point where tyres come into picture.
Old 26th May 2005, 13:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
It is the FE and Honda Tag. Even if it had everything else, which it has now, apart from FE, sales would have gone down for sure. Well! You don't need a genius to say that in FE paranoid Indian market.
Very well said RX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG
Now that is something, which can swing the needle towards Baleno, remember, I am a family man in 40s with responsibilities of wife and kid.
I think NHC is the best bet for you.
Old 26th May 2005, 15:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shan, it can be poor brakes as well. Tyres will decide maximum traction on a given surface, but brakes will decide how quickly can it reduce the angular speed of wheels to the point where it starts locking and skiding. That is the point where tyres come into picture.
On a non ABS car, it's the driver who needs to decide, how much braking force is supposed to be used. I've driven atleast 5 diff NHCs and have done 140-0 brake tests but, not once did the car ever show signs of lockup.

Any "Non-ABS" car for that matter, will lock up it's wheels, if you slam the brakes. You just need to know, when to ease off.

Shan2nu
Old 28th May 2005, 12:32   #54
BANNED

Well Shan,

Braked in all types of ways and the tyres do lock up even at slight hints of braking. Locked tooo often. Brakes are not upto the mark. But then it aint a Vtec that it requires super brakes. LOL..
Old 28th May 2005, 22:24   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG
Baleno has a little edge over HONDA and TOYOTA because of Maruti's unbeatable service network (in terms of number of service stations all across the country), go anywhere you are well supported and taken care of.
totally agree with you SMG..
But Well,Honda and Toyota are HONDA and TOYOTA !!..
Also,about that post in the starting of this thread- about NHC not being able to climb a slope.well,I feel that's totally ridiculous..maybe that Review must have been given on yahoo by some Fiat Company executive !
I have test driven the NHC on the steepest slopes of Bombay - Neapease Rd-Manav Mandir,and other steep slopes connection Neapeanse Rd. to Malabar Hill.
Infact,during the test drive,I had totally stopped at the steepest segment of the slope and accelerated back..and the response is totally amazing..it doesn't at all feel like a 77hp car ..
And now,above all,guess what..I wasn't driving the NHC Manual..I was test driving the Automatic on that steep slope.. I am just wondering if the CVT Automatic can perform that well on the slope,how well will the manual be able to perform..think yourself guys.
Cheers,
Suraj
Old 28th May 2005, 23:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Braked in all types of ways and the tyres do lock up even at slight hints of braking
That's why, you need better tyres to handle the cars braking.

Quote:
But then it aint a Vtec that it requires super brakes.
Actually, it's the other way around. It's the NHC that needs better braking power as it's heavier, bulkier and doesn't distribute it's weight as well as the Vtec.

Remember, braking is irrespective of engine power. U know what, i've never really liked ABS but when you're driving cars like the NHC, you can't help thinking that you'd have been better off with them.

Shan2nu
Old 29th May 2005, 14:23   #57
BANNED

Quote:
That's why, you need better tyres to handle the cars braking
Doing that drasctically drops FE to 9 in City and 11 on highways..

Well i meant to say Shan that Vtec is a car which goes faster then the NHC so needs to stop faster..LOL.. unlike the NHC
Old 29th May 2005, 18:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well i meant to say Shan that Vtec is a car which goes faster then the NHC so needs to stop faster..LOL.. unlike the NHC
But, the NHC is a heavier car my friend. Even at normal cruising speeds of 120kmph, the tyres and brakes on the Vtec won't have to work as hard as the ones on the NHC.

And the diff in top speed is less than 15kmph.

Shan2nu
Old 29th May 2005, 22:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

i havent read all the posts
but as as nhc owner (all though i dont use it personally,my uncle is using it now)
its a good car,and no ways i felt it was underpowered
me,my dad and uncs are like adnan samis(with all the due respect)
and the nhc runs fine when it's loaded with us.
and i get 13 in city.
i havent driven it on the highway yet.so cant say anything abt that

the car undergoes all the schedules properly and is the only car which is on mobil 1(as the dealer puts it)

Last edited by aadix : 29th May 2005 at 22:44.
Old 30th May 2005, 10:47   #60
BANNED

LOL shan but a NHC is not a car which will be able to resist speeds 15kmph less then the Vtec since there is too much vibrations after 160.. i agree about the tyres will have to do more work then the Vtec no wonder yours lasted 47K and mine did 11K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks