Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 22:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

One More Swift Breaks Her Bumper!

hi guys.
im back with one more sensational video.

this one is outside my clinic on election day. the cars were being towed and moved 'elsewhere' to accommodate police posts for the election. as the buffoon bangs his metal rod, trying to free it off the poor bumper. Also note that the mesh/plastic section of the bumper already broke while towing the car. its in the hand of the person who is standing.
the worst part, again, was the callous behaviour of these losers. i had a clean shave.
the abrupt end to the video is because the fellow who appears 2nd in the video got up to hit me. i was scared. and stopped filming. what didn't come in the recording was that the fellow told me: "dont tell me anything, tell the hawaldar. do whatever the hell you want."
and then I told him that all of them are the same breed. that's when he raised his hand to hit me and shooed me away.
These people really really need someone to shake them. I hate these people, and I dont know what I might do to them in a vile mood.
Old 30th April 2009, 22:44   #92
BANNED

Frank, was the car parked correctly? looking at your post, it seems like it was but they were trying to 'relocate' it in their usual primitive way.
the only thing you could have done was to take a big rod of your own and connect it to his jawbone. it *was* your area after all. but thats just me. I fully understand your fear in that situation and unfortunately nothing can be in that situation but retreat. these jackasses have nothing and hence nothing to lose.
just today, I saw a garbage truck sideswiping a car parked near my home and one owner arguing with three pieces of garbage. in the end, all he could do was to grudgingly let them off the hook. the whole truck would not have been worth the damage to the car.

Last edited by blacmagic : 30th April 2009 at 22:46.
Old 30th April 2009, 22:48   #93
Senior - BHPian

car was already relocated by them. they were pushing it further down the road to accommodate the other cars they were relocating.
talk about inflicting the same torture again, and again, and again!
i have never hit a person in my life and i never will. that's the reason why i get more frustrated on seeing these things. wish i could mete my own justice.
my area it was. but its an area where the patients keep passing. imagine seeing your doctor in a fist fight with your local towing guys!!!!!!!!
Old 30th April 2009, 23:11   #94
BANNED

as I said Frank, I fully understand. but unfortunately, laaton ke bhoot baaton sa nahi maante.
but just to confirm, they sullied a LEGALLY PARKED vehicle, yes?
Old 30th April 2009, 23:13   #95
BANNED

I really do not know what conclusion i can draw from here.
we need to find a solution .May be we all can donate and hire a lawyer and file a PIL with all this proof our case should be watertight.Just my thoughts .it hurts .
Old 30th April 2009, 23:30   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
my area it was.
"Bhai uskon maaf kardo bhai dubara aaisi galti nahi hogi usse,main usse samjahoonga aapke area mein naa aaye"
Old 1st May 2009, 00:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
as I said Frank, I fully understand. but unfortunately, laaton ke bhoot baaton sa nahi maante.
but just to confirm, they sullied a LEGALLY PARKED vehicle, yes?

yes it was a legally parked car they moved. it was parked in the lane next to the clinic. they moved it to accommodate the election security, and also moved all other cars away from there. that's normal, that is if they do it in the right way. pathetic.
OT: the car has a remus exhaust that sounds quite awesome.

@ramie paaji: i was scared in my area also, lol. that metal thing could have broken my jaw, or worse my head!!

all this happened while a 'mama' (hawaldar) was taking a bribe from the car behind this poor swift.

Last edited by frankmehta : 1st May 2009 at 00:07.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:09   #98
BANNED

now I would *really* love to hear what people have to say in defense of this cranially challenged lot.

Quote:
yes, they did. it was parked in the lane next to the clinic. they moved it to accommodate the election security, and also moved all cars away from there. that's normal, that is if they do it in the right way. pathetic.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

Makes my Blood boil and all the more that you did not do anything about it :|.
Frank, should have taken the towing trucks number, Hawaldars name and given it to the car guy and shown him the video too.
And HOW DARE HE TOUCH YOU ? MAN!
Also should have created a scene there with public all around the car. Your car or not, these people deserve a sound punch and slap.
Darn i have red eyes full of anger after this.
Old 1st May 2009, 01:30   #100
BANNED

Thre are hundreds of drivers lurking around on the lookout for a legal parking spot, that is never to be found. I think it makes some business sense to teardown a multiplex or a mall, and build a multi level parking structure in all the commercial centers. I would think people who care for their cars would eventually payup to make up for the high costs of a parking structure.
Old 1st May 2009, 08:37   #101
BHPian

Quote:
I hate these people, and I dont know what I might do to them in a vile mood.
Well said. I hate them too. Thanks for the video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
now I would *really* love to hear what people have to say in defense of this cranially challenged lot.
+1
Old 1st May 2009, 10:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

it really makes one cringe at the way the cars are handled. disdain for other people's property and lack of civic sense is our bane. we wont progress much if these things prevail, more so, when they are practised by our law makers (or law breakers, i must say)
Old 1st May 2009, 13:39   #103
BHPian

Quote:
hi guys.
im back with one more sensational video.

YouTube - Just have a look at this: AND spurn the losers!

. i had a clean shave.
the abrupt end to the video is because the fellow who appears 2nd in the video got up to hit me. i was scared. and stopped filming. what didn't come in the recording was that the fellow told me: "dont tell me anything, tell the hawaldar. do whatever the hell you want."
and then I told him that all of them are the same breed. that's when he raised his hand to hit me and shooed me away.
These people really really need someone to shake them. I hate these people, and I dont know what I might do to them in a vile mood.
Frankie, Frankie, Frankie, we all live and survive in India.

If you get involved with the kind of people you did, how will you survive.

You are connected, technologically savvy, very well educated and brought up.

There's no point in being in a situation where you have a disadvantage.
You have a video recording which no one can refute. Please use it to everyone's advantage as a good samaritan.

FYI - the offense which the towing guy has committed is "damage to public property" and you obstructing him/disturbing him with a video camera is "attempting to stop a public servant from discharging his duty" = a bailable offense.
Google on the IPC, for further information contact me.

Relax, worst comes to worst, the swift guy will get his bumper repaired for a few hundred rupees.

While if the towing dude presses charges, the magistrate (if the case escalates) will hear the cop & not you.

Thand rakha karo bhai.

Cheers.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:51   #104
BHPian

How come the cops wont hassle you at all? We had a Gujarat rego car in bombay 10 years back and they were ready to fine us at all the spots once they had decided to crack down. Recently Thane registration cars (its just outside bombay) which attract a lower octroi and hence are cheaper to buy were being cracked down upon with a vengeance.

Coming back to the topic, parking tickets should work if they all decided to make sure that the computerised system in all states is implemented and it actually works. This would also make sure that vehicles could be found easily if stolen and also help in arresting criminals / terrorists. Running a check on a suspicious car should be as simple as typing in the rego onto his handheld for the concerned officer. I know , its too much to ask when they arent even paid properly - but this is whats needed.

If not, until then, stop towing unless traffic is being seriously obstructed and use heavy duty wheel clamps instead.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
Old 1st May 2009, 15:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post

FYI - the offense which the towing guy has committed is "damage to public property" and you obstructing him/disturbing him with a video camera is "attempting to stop a public servant from discharging his duty" = a bailable offense.
Google on the IPC, for further information contact me.

Relax, worst comes to worst, the swift guy will get his bumper repaired for a few hundred rupees.

While if the towing dude presses charges, the magistrate (if the case escalates) will hear the cop & not you.

Thand rakha karo bhai.

Cheers.
I doubt that?! I recently read some newspaper report in a local paper that the towing business is itself illegal as its carried out by unauthorised vehicles and personnel. Dunno what happened about that story later... did'nt get time to keep up with the papers. And I really doubt if those goons in the tow trucks can qualify as public servants. Perhaps somebody with a legal background can make a better comment...?

There really should be a PIL against this or something. Just saying that the Swift guy will spend a few hundred, etc., dosen't solve a thing. We need solutions not pacification. This towing business is pure vandalism of public property.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks