Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2005, 00:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

Spot on with that Rtech, i guess the mystery is solved afterall, it aint an octy or fabby its a ford! ACI's spy pics and this cars spy pics are a perfect match. And it surely isnt a focus either, seems like an all new small sedan for the asian/african markets. And i doubt theyll discontinue the ikon. The base prices for the ikon are around the 4 lac mark, this car should be atleast 5.5 onwards. But one thing that itches me is why did they even have to launch the Fusion when they had already planned entry for this new sedan? Theres hardly any demand for an mpv crossover car in india didnt they know that already?!
Old 8th July 2005, 00:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

cars looks great from the front ...i dont think it will lack much in terms of exterior design ...
Old 8th July 2005, 07:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey
ford focus ??????????????
nope. it is a car developed by market like India & China
read July 2005 issue of ACI or follow the image link given previously

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
But one thing that itches me is why did they even have to launch the Fusion when they had already planned entry for this new sedan?
may be they were targeting in city SUV users with Fusion
or may be failure of Fusion has pushed them to bring this new car into market
Old 8th July 2005, 08:25   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
may be they were targeting in city SUV users with Fusion or may be failure of Fusion has pushed them to bring this new car into market
Must be the former. It is not possible to develop a new model within the one-year or so timeframe since the Fusion was launched in India.
Old 8th July 2005, 20:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

The lines give me an impression that it is a skoda but the pictures dont give an exact idea and the car is well morphed.
Old 9th July 2005, 17:37   #96
Senior - BHPian

I saw some pics of the new Fiesta and I'm pretty certain that this car is the new Fiesta with a boot, which means it is a direct replacement for the Ikon (which was the old Fiesta with a boot). The manufacturing and export plans for this model (made in Chennai, exported to other markets) also fits in perfectly with the plans for the Ikon (made in Chennai, exported to other markets) and the fact that Ford India's exports have been falling as the Ikon aged in other markets.

It also makes sense because the Fusion is nothing but a Fiesta on stilts (higher suspension) and since they are already making the Fusion here the floorpan for the new car is available.

There is talk that some variants of the Ikon will be phased out once this new car comes in, which makes sense as this is nothing but a newer model. There are also rumours that Ford india might continue the Ikon 1.3, reducing its price even further to compete with the likes of the Esteem...

Interesting times ahead. And the 1.4 litre diesel is supposed to be a common rail motor, too. The Indigo might finally have some competition if the pricing is sensible. Indica sales have already dropped by about 5% after the Swift was introduced.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th July 2005 at 17:42.
Old 9th July 2005, 18:49   #97
BHPian

Fiesta has similarity to Fusion
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:26   #98
BHPian

fords new model ????

hey hommies..
just learn that ford is launching their new model probably by aug end or year end......supposed to be a new turbo diesel direct injection engine,,,,
any scoops on it or the specs of the new car..heard the new car will be in the 12 - 15 lakh bracket ..not confirmed though... n e new news on it pleasae let me know..
thanks n drive safe...
allan
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Theres a new model lined up .. I think they are calling it the B376 or something like that .. and will be positioned just above the Ikon and between the Ikon and the Focus (if that is launched) . So this one will probably be placed in NHC, Optra 1.6 price territory.

Check out the July issue of 'The Auto Magazine' for a snap .. just look at it in a newsstand .. don't spend 75/- for the magazine .. it's crap
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:36   #100
Senior - BHPian

Xtream,

This car is already arrived in style here - in Team-BHP. Please take a look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5665

Cheers,

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd August 2005 at 13:39.
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:43   #101
Senior - BHPian

The Auto Magazine has a proper pic of the car , in white .. sans all the disguise ..
Old 2nd August 2005, 21:52   #102
BHPian

thanks ill definitely check it out
Old 2nd August 2005, 21:54   #103
BHPian

What is the name of the magazine. when i checked in the shop they had "auto india". could you tell the correct name?
or if some one has a copy can they scan and put the pic here.
Old 2nd August 2005, 22:35   #104
Senior - BHPian

Threads merged. Thanks sandeepmdas.
Old 4th August 2005, 01:44   #105

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well what i read in the magazine was that it is based on a new platform .supposed to have clean understated european design...nothing too flashy and would be positioned above the ikon to compete with the NHC..wud have a luxurious interior in beige with the options of a petrol and a common rail diesel engine.they havent revealed the boot of the sedan and have covered it with some sort of a canopy which makes it look like an state.and they wud certainly bring down the prices of the ikon and im guessing they might probably even phase out the 1.8d ikon(most probably) cos it doesnt have much of a market share.well the good times are just starting in the automobile sector in india.lets hope for the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks