Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2005, 16:21   #136
BHPian

Vivek, I can understand your problem. Your heart wants the Adventure but your mind worries about the ASS . I would say, check with Hyd Fiat owners on the local dealers service levels and spares stocks. If it is acceptable, go ahead and buy the Fiat.

I bought the first Siena 1.6 that Fiat shipped to Blr (other than the demo car). It was a similar case of 'Heart ruling the mind', as there was no prior customer experience to go by. It turned out to be a great buy and I have not had major issues with the ASS. Sometimes, taking a risk pays off big time. But you have to accept it if the bet fails.

Dont worry about Fiat leaving India. No MNC (and not just car manufacturers) in their right mind can afford to ignore the boomin Indian economy and the market it offers. Going by some reports, by 2010, India will be the second largest market for all kinds of tech goods after China.
Old 4th July 2005, 16:57   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
Dont worry about Fiat leaving India. No MNC (and not just car manufacturers) in their right mind can afford to ignore the boomin Indian economy and the market it offers.
I am a big Fiat fan and I really hope that would be true. But MNC's have left India before (Peugeot). Whether Fiat continues here depends on whether Fiat Spa is prepared to invest the money needed - and they need a lot of money - to get Fiat India back into shape (or if they can find a partner who is ready to do the same thing).
Old 4th July 2005, 17:11   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemantR
so I think Adventure is a good deal. [and not simply beacuse I have also booked a Adventure sport this month.]
.....and therein lies a tale!
Old 4th July 2005, 17:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Come on dude. You are taking this too far.
Old 4th July 2005, 18:29   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
i think u are overdoing it,dont take it too far and one suggestion why dont u just stay away from FIAT threads.we know u hate fiat,but please keep the hate inside ur heart and mind.
Old 4th July 2005, 18:40   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob
I am a big Fiat fan and I really hope that would be true. But MNC's have left India before (Peugeot). Whether Fiat continues here depends on whether Fiat Spa is prepared to invest the money needed - and they need a lot of money - to get Fiat India back into shape (or if they can find a partner who is ready to do the same thing).
Agree with your point. However, you have to remember that Peugot left when the Indian car market was still Maruti/Amby/Premier & the economy was going nowhere.. also it was easier for them to exit from the arrangement with the Doshis, as Peugot had not invested much into India.

Any global company now has to invest in and target the BRIC market (Brazil, Russia, India, China). Thats the future. US, Japan & W.Europe markets are fast approaching stagnation, growth-wise. A company which exits India at this point in economic history will be doomed in the next decade.

BTW, I work in sales/mktg for an IT MNC which is investing BIG BIG time into BRIC..
Old 13th July 2005, 10:57   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
For EL model, ex-showroom price was 5,07,000 and on-road price 5,53,000 in Pune. If the price is hiked by 32,000 making it 5.39L, on-road price should 5.85L approx. So, this is somewhat confusing for me, unless 6.2L is for company registration or figure of 5.39L is incorrect.

If the price hike is around 40,000, I would say it is an even better deal. But, if it really is 6.2L, then I would opt for base (EL) model.
The price difference in Mumbai/Pune for Petra 1.6EL is amazing. I was initially planning on picking up Petra from Pune and was on my way in doing that, as a last minute impulse I just called FortPoint in Mumbai and was shocked by the price difference.

I got it for 4.8L flat with lots of other goodies from FortPoint, when I had booked it I got a call from the Pune dealer saying they are ready to match FortPoint's price
Old 13th July 2005, 11:55   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchulet
as of now I hav'nt added anything more than what came along with the car, but the following are on the cards :
<1> Fog lamps
<2> Security System
<3> Parking assistance system
What security system are you opting for? Price?
What features do the Parking assistance thingy have? Price?
I enquired about fog lamps for my Petra. It was in the 4k - 5k price band. Are you getting something similar?

Your views much appreciated...
Old 13th July 2005, 12:50   #144
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was initially planning on picking up Petra from Pune and was on my way in doing that, as a last minute impulse I just called FortPoint in Mumbai and was shocked by the price difference.
Simple Reason - The Petra is manufactured in Bombay, unlike most other cars.

GTO
Old 14th July 2005, 02:43   #145
Senior - BHPian

I read on bsmotoring.com that Fiat is about to release some new hatchbacks in India soon. Any more news on this? I also heard some news about a new uno.
Old 15th July 2005, 11:13   #146
BHPian

Price of palio has been reduced by Rs 22,000. The entry level of palio will now be Rs30,000 cheaper than the entry model of Swift.
Old 18th July 2005, 13:06   #147
Senior - BHPian

Petra 1.6 ELX BSIII
@Kolkata : Rs. 573,277 + 38000 (Rgn) + 20613 (Ins) = 631890 OTR
Pre-negotiation discount 15K .. So that 6.16 L OTR ..
I didn't negotiate as I'll not be purchasing right now ..
Delivery lead time 10 days ..

With Alloys (tube type tyres), Kenwood deck + 6 speakers, Faux wood dash, Leather steering and Gear, Tilt steering, Tinted glass, Electric adjustment for side mirrors .. the spoiler is supposedly not part of the deal now .. looks like they keep tweaking the features ..

They said the price hike was due to VAT ..
Old 9th September 2005, 16:40   #148
Senior - BHPian

What is the compression ratio of the 1.6 Petra engine ?
Old 16th September 2005, 17:47   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
What is the compression ratio of the 1.6 Petra engine ?
Went and asked the same Q at the FIAT dealership and they went ... huh ? What's that ?

So the sales person asked everyone in the office .. and then they called up their workshop .. and the workshop people started browsing thru loads of material .. while I waited on the phone ...
Then they gave up .. and said they'll look it up and call me in 30 minutes .. that was 4:30 pm last Saturday .. am still waiting
Old 16th September 2005, 18:07   #150
Senior - BHPian

This is what I could dig up... In some places the CR is mentioned to be 10.6. Fuel effeciency is a bit of a surprise when it comes to in-city figures though. Maybe they rev hard even in city.

Fiat Albea Limousine 4d 1.6 16v
Engine type Otto, Front transversal
Number of cylinders 4, In-line
Engine capacity 1596 cm3
Number of valves 16 SOHC
Fuel Petrol, Injection by cylinder
Supercharging None
Bore 80.5 mm
Stroke 78.4 mm
Compression ratio 10.5
Max Power 76 kW (ECE) 5750 rpm
Max torque 145 Nm (rpm) 4000 rpm