Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2005, 19:41   #76
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
One accessory at a time for me. I'm planning to install the Autocop after I get the no-claim bonus from my Insurance company.
Just curious, what is the logic behind installing Autocop after one year?

I am in US , here car insurance premium lowers if one installs security gadgets(like Alarms), don't know about insurance business in India , never shopped for it.
Old 25th May 2005, 22:16   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Just curious, what is the logic behind installing Autocop after one year
So he gets the money free from the insurance company LOL
Old 25th May 2005, 22:43   #78
BHPian

My logic is not bullet-proof. Its just a question of priorities.

I am not usually required to take the car out much, so its not risk prone. And at home it is very safe since we have a good security system.

Besides, I'l get the no-claim bonus in about a month's time (not after an year).
Old 25th May 2005, 22:48   #79
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93

Besides, I'l get the no-claim bonus in about a month's time (not after an year).
I am getting your point. Is that you are transferring insurance coverage from your old car (Zen) to this new car?
Old 26th May 2005, 08:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
TypeO..
Go for a 10-CD MP3 changer with RF output.. that way you dont have to worry about compatibility between your existing HU and the changer.. I have been using a Sony 565MXRF, picked up in Dubai for 7.5K INR equivalent with the original FIAT Siena HU, the kind that is embedded in the dashboard. Am very happy with it..
Thanks Nitin. Any idea about the JVC players?
Old 26th May 2005, 11:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Are you sure there is no music system in the car? I got one. It is just a cassette player. Planning to go in for a CD changer. That way I preserve the factory fitted unit. The guy I met at Anuroop is recommending a JVC. Let me see. Will finalize sometime soon. Any ideas will be welcome.

Also planning to put in an auto cop ...
Even I got a Factory fitted Audio System(Nippon) with all the six Speakers in my petra EL, and its really a good System with great sound, still people who wants to upgrade to MP3 or CD player have a choice to buy a Adapter and a external MP3 player or CD Player, This Adapter contains a Cassete which is inserted into your Audio unit and you can listen your MP3 songs running in your external MP3 player in your CAR speakers.
The cost of this adapter is just Rs350 to Rs 500.
Old 26th May 2005, 12:33   #82
BHPian

Sorry to be off topic. But hey rajnishb, you sent me a PM and your mailbox is full. Delete some old mails and PM me again.
Old 26th May 2005, 13:19   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Even I got a Factory fitted Audio System(Nippon) with all the six Speakers in my petra EL, and its really a good System with great sound, still people who wants to upgrade to MP3 or CD player have a choice to buy a Adapter and a external MP3 player or CD Player, This Adapter contains a Cassete which is inserted into your Audio unit and you can listen your MP3 songs running in your external MP3 player in your CAR speakers.
The cost of this adapter is just Rs350 to Rs 500.
Hmmm ... that is what I thought off. But I was thinking if it will be an external system (as in a separate CD player) there might be the problem of CD skipping. That is why I am mulling over the CD changer. Have you gone in for the adapter? If so are you facing problems?

And yeah I agree with you on the sound quality of the factory fitted system.
Old 26th May 2005, 14:20   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Hmmm ... that is what I thought off. But I was thinking if it will be an external system (as in a separate CD player) there might be the problem of CD skipping. That is why I am mulling over the CD changer. Have you gone in for the adapter? If so are you facing problems?

And yeah I agree with you on the sound quality of the factory fitted system.
Yes I am already using this Adapter which I got it from US for $7 from a $.99 shop. Only thing is that your portable CD player should be shock resistant for 5 Seconds. moreover If the car is as smooth as Petra, you won't get much bumps inside

I never faced this problem of skipping tracks, May be because My MP3 is good enough to handle shocks. I suggust you only to buy the Adapter from Net and buy the CD player or MP3 player from a Authurized Dealer.
In this way you can always take your CD player with you and use it as Disc Man when travelling in Train or Plane. Right?.
Old 26th May 2005, 14:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Yes I am already using this Adapter which I got it from US for $7 from a $.99 shop. ....In this way you can always take your CD player with you and use it as Disc Man when travelling in Train or Plane. Right?.
Yeah, the Petra is smooth. Our roads are not.

But will give your idea a shot. Require the adapter right now. Have the CD player.
Old 26th May 2005, 17:04   #86
BHPian

Hey Camry, There is no truth in the statement that you have to use the FIAT OE speakers in teh front. I have put in 5.25" alpine speakers at the front. the only windows that go up and down (ie the ones in front) work just fine.

check out JBL GT Series speakers. they are excellent value for money. also the boot of the petra/ sienna acts as a sort of resonator or something and the bass from the rear is HEAVY without using a subwoofer.
Old 26th May 2005, 20:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
In Karnataka we have life time road tax which is why the difference between ex-showroom and on road is big. Therefore, the jump is price for new ELX from old EL is 60K.
I guess, we are being taxed for "living" in Karnataka.......
Old 29th May 2005, 21:50   #88
BHPian

Awright! Here are the promised pics of my new Petra 1.6 ELX !

Its completely bowled me over! Check it out for yourself ...

Last edited by camry93 : 29th May 2005 at 21:52.
Old 30th May 2005, 02:10   #89
SMG
BHPian

Congratulations! Nice car, nice pictures. Enjoy.
Old 30th May 2005, 11:00   #90
BHPian

Looks great in silver Frost, Enjoy Driving dude..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks