Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2005, 13:59   #136
Senior - BHPian

The Tata site with the new safari is UP ...
Old 4th August 2005, 14:15   #137
BHPian

I am having a problem with the Safari website.
Anyone else facing a similar problem ? Maybe its the Proxy ....
Old 4th August 2005, 14:48   #138
Senior - BHPian

me too .. it's vvvvvvvv slow ...
Old 4th August 2005, 15:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

I too tried to visit the site and it just failed to load at all
Old 4th August 2005, 16:20   #140
BHPian

I am interested in knowing the 0-60 and the 0-100 timings.. Also, if somebody can provide the City/HWY kmpl figures it would be good to know.. I would like to see how the Safari fares vis-a-vis other vehicles (read tucson) in the FE category..

About the maintenance part, i think since most of the car components have been sourced from the dated safari model, the maintenance budget of prospective buyers should not get hit.. But the common-rail assembly, and the Fuel-Pump might be a bit more expensive..

The 18 month warranty sounds cool.. But i would have preferred a 36 month bumper to bumper warranty..

Steeroid, congratulations on being the first TBHPian to get behind the wheel on the Safari.. Also, your follow-up replies were also awesome.. Do you by any chance own a Tata Dealership?? or work for TATAs?? j/k
Old 4th August 2005, 17:41   #141
BHPian

If only the website was working ....wonder why this unprofessional attitude ...that too when you are trying to sell a product worth more than 12 L ...

Does anyone know of a TATA showroom in South Delhi ?
Old 4th August 2005, 17:45   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
The 18 month warranty sounds cool.. But i would have preferred a 36 month bumper to bumper warranty..

TATA will provide an additional 18 month warranty at nominal price ... this is confirmed.
Old 4th August 2005, 20:21   #143
Senior - BHPian

indica readline is 5000+ rpm
Old 5th August 2005, 00:09   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish

Steeroid, congratulations on being the first TBHPian to get behind the wheel on the Safari.. Also, your follow-up replies were also awesome.. Do you by any chance own a Tata Dealership?? or work for TATAs?? j/k
LOL! No I do not own a Tata Dealership - if I did I wouldnt have to work abroad for a living. Nor do I work for Tata.

I've been trying to decide on the right vehicle to move on to for the last few months, and had put my money on the Tucson which disappointed with its price despite being a very good vehicle. I then booked an Innova, the booking for which is still valid. I've been awaiting the Common Rail Safari for a while now in an attempt to have more choice before making a decision.

Besides, I'm at home on vacation and what better way to spend your time than potter around with vehicles? Just got my RD back on the road yesterday after having spent a few days working on it at my mech's garage.

As for the interest in the Safari - I searched the web, asked other auto nuts, tried to pump dealers for information, all to naught. There was absolutely NO information on this vehicle, and some amount of speculation.

I was therefore determined to find something on my own, and to do so BEFORE the official launch because I wanted TBHP to be the first site to feature information on the vehicle and if possible feature a first ride before any of our highly biased automags got their grubby hands on it. I'd like to think that I succeeded, because I finally got my hands on a dealer who was as interested as I was and we put up a first ride on this site before anyone else did.

I hope that puts things in perspective...
Old 5th August 2005, 00:36   #145
BHPian

Steeroid ... I am doing this for the third time ... but here I do it again ...THANKS .. that was really the first mini-test drive result that was available anywhere ... and when I say anywhere I include the editors and sub-editors of OD and ACI .... I do know them ...

I am deeply interested to buy a Safari and thats the reason I was scurring around and surfing ... I joined Team-BHP due to that infact ....

The Website is still not totally updated ...let alone accessible.

It kind of pains me to see that this thread about the new Safari is amongst the most viewed as well as replied to ... clearly an indication to how eagerly enthusiasts ( the real buyers) are / have been awaiting the new Safari ....yet TATA does not launch it a professional way ... just inviting a bunch of Journalist and handing them out a typed version of their statement is just not done ...

I really think that everyone could take a clue out of the way Swift was launched ...

Having said that ... Safari has had some amazing TV Advt's ....so some credit is due there ...

Happy Safari'ng' ....
Old 5th August 2005, 00:41   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica
The Website is still not totally updated ...let alone accessible.

It kind of pains me to see that this thread about the new Safari is amongst the most viewed as well as replied to ... clearly an indication to how eagerly enthusiasts ( the real buyers) are / have been awaiting the new Safari ....yet TATA does not launch it a professional way ... just inviting a bunch of Journalist and handing them out a typed version of their statement is just not done ...
I've been told that their launch got washed out by Mumbai's rains - which was why it was postponed by a day. Narain Karthikeyan probably couldnt land in Mumbai airport.

Also been told that they kept it low key finally in deference to the situation in the city. Dont know how far that is true.

As for websites, at least they had it running on the day of the launch. It was accessible yesterday though it still hadnt been updated - which is more than what one could say about a lot of other manufacturers. Finally, in India its the footfalls at the dealership that translate into $$$, not hits on the website.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th August 2005 at 00:43.
Old 5th August 2005, 00:59   #147
BHPian

Well , in that case I think I was unaware that it was due to the Mumbai rains ...
Benefit of doubt is duelly given ...

I agree that the footfalls in the showroom are the ones that get the $$$ ... but then as the old saying goes ... ' the times are a changing' ....

I would personally like to research about it a bit on my own before actually going to a showroom ( which I eventually would , if I am a serious buyer) ... but I would still prefer to know a bit so that I can question around in a more detailed way with the showroom executive ....

Agreed they had the website running atleast .. but then the Swift launch has sort of raised the bar a bit ... knowing very well that , that was a new car launch as well as the most comtemparay one from Suzuki .. but , well as I said before its a 8 L + car we are looking at ..an it does deserve more ....

All the Best ...
Old 5th August 2005, 02:12   #148
BHPian

hey guys really looking forward to test driving the new safari if anyone gets to lay their hands on one , please share your experience and when the hell do they plan to update their site!!!
Old 5th August 2005, 10:03   #149
Team-BHP Support

More on the Safari: http://uv.tatamotors.com/safari/
Old 5th August 2005, 12:01   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I was therefore determined to find something on my own, and to do so BEFORE the official launch because I wanted TBHP to be the first site to feature information on the vehicle and if possible feature a first ride before any of our highly biased automags got their grubby hands on it. I'd like to think that I succeeded, because I finally got my hands on a dealer who was as interested as I was and we put up a first ride on this site before anyone else did.
And you did that in style dude.. I've never seen anybody so passionate about getting the information known to the public-forums.. I doubt if you a journalist, since you could have sold the story for a good amount.. But you can make a good career in journalism.. Keep up the good work..

I went to the Prerna motors showroom yesterday afternoon.. And they said that they are going to get the vehicles in the evening.. They didn't have any brochures, or technical specifications either.. Thats the reason, i expressed my doubts about steeroid owning a TATA dealership..

It appears that the whole promo was done in a haphazard manner.. I would get the brochures atleast 2-weeks before a launch and announce the prices 1-week before the launch.. It needs some planning.. The last i heard was that the Safari was going to be launched from delhi and not Mumbai.. But yeah, TATA corporate offices were closed in mumbai due to the rains.. So we gotta give them some benefit of doubt.. Also FIAT had their website down for so long, it caused negative publicity for them on this forum.. Hope TATA learns from that experience..

Gears,
Manish

Last edited by man23ish : 5th August 2005 at 12:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks