Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2005, 12:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Or is it a case of "We Also Make Steel" translating into "We Also Sell Steel" ?
heh heh....you do come up with some good ones Steeroid.
Old 5th July 2005, 12:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

they should come up with something smaller ..
like a whole new design (lower wider ),completely different engine ,better gearbox ..a real shift on the fly ...
i really dbout they can reduce weight on the current design ..
Quote:
powered by something close to 130+ BHP considering the weight it carries
that is probably being a bit too optimistic...40 bhp gain is quite a bit i dbout they can manage more than 120 bhp ..
Old 5th July 2005, 21:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

AS it is the same engine. I dont think 140 is realistic. I think the max they can go from that old engine is 120bhp. Lets see what we get.
Old 6th July 2005, 01:48   #34
BHPian

What name??

I seriouslry wonder what TATA would name it???

Hyundai - CRDi [injection]
Mahindra- CRDe [engine]
Mercedes- CDI
Tata Motors- CRDm [motor] ??? hehe just a thought!!!
Old 6th July 2005, 07:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rage
I seriouslry wonder what TATA would name it???

Hyundai - CRDi [injection]
Mahindra- CRDe [engine]
Mercedes- CDI
Tata Motors- CRDm [motor] ??? hehe just a thought!!!

nissan xtrail crdi

tata has possibly called the new engine crdx
Old 25th July 2005, 14:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

the news is out!!!!!!

according to august month's aci (page 21) the new tata safari is going to be launched on august 2nd in new delhi by narain when he comes down for his summer break.

damn! why isnt the august overdrive out yet? it must surely have more info abt it.

ps: also stated was it would cost just 30-40 k more than the existing one! this car is sure gonna be an vfm!

peter u better get an pete's box ready for this suv!

Last edited by aadix : 25th July 2005 at 14:35.
Old 25th July 2005, 14:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

a request to the moderators: if it's alright , please kindly change the heading of the thread.
thx in advance

aaditya
Old 25th July 2005, 15:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

guys ..i happened to see a safari ..fresh looking one ..black with a 2.1L metallic tag on the front right body panel.. but i think that was the safari Petrol...not too sure so i though i'd bring to your notice ..
Old 25th July 2005, 17:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

even i read the article about the safari in ACI- but did anybody look at the engine specs..?? they are quoting a 3.0 litre crdi with 115 bhp on tap...!!! c'mon ACI, that's the limit..... tatas have always given us some pretty good engines- you can say that by just looking at the indigo- 70 bhp from a 1.4 litre IDI...... (the accent crd-i produces 82 from a 1.5 litre crdi, which makes the 70 bhp 1.4 from tata look quite healthy- especially if you consider that it's an IDI- the fact that the intercooled version was launched recently is a different matter). methinks if it's a 3.0, then the safari would surely be producing 130 bhp+.....

but it's only a matter of time- we'll get to know the whole hog by the 2nd of aug, i guess....

but no matter what, one thing is for certain- the new safari crdi will surely kick the scorpio's and endeavour's rear-hard.... can't wait to get my hands on one.....
Old 25th July 2005, 18:06   #40
BHPian

Quote:
but no matter what, one thing is for certain- the new safari crdi will surely kick the scorpio's and endeavour's rear-hard.... can't wait to get my hands on one.....
No doubt about that. Safari was always my favourite SUV minus the engine. The new CRDi should be atleast 120+..remember something in OD about this..

I just hope that they put a CRDI for the Indica soon.. That would make it a real hot mini! I still believe that the Indica has class leading space and looks in it's segmant.
Old 25th July 2005, 18:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just hope that they put a CRDI for the Indica soon.. That would make it a real hot mini! I still believe that the Indica has class leading space and looks in it's segmant.
yup...even i love the indica...great car... but i don't see a crdi happening for it anytime soon- there have been no indications from tata regarding this- but a turbo/intercooled indica is on the cards- and should hit the showrooms late this year....

Quote:
I suddenly like the month of august very much!!!
hahaha.....another one by the maestro.... what can i say, steeroid....amen to that....

Last edited by veyron1 : 25th July 2005 at 18:36.
Old 25th July 2005, 18:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
the news is out!!!!!!

according to august month's aci (page 21) the new tata safari is going to be launched on august 2nd in new delhi by narain when he comes down for his summer break.

damn! why isnt the august overdrive out yet? it must surely have more info abt it.
I suddenly like the month of august very much!!!
Old 25th July 2005, 19:03   #43
Team-BHP Support

at last tatas have paid heed to their forgotten child !

manson .
Old 25th July 2005, 23:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

2.4L 140Bhp dual airbags abs with ebd ,16inch alloys climatronic a/c andsunroof for 12lacs.
I will happily pay for my dream safari mentioned here.
Old 26th July 2005, 10:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2.4L 140Bhp dual airbags abs with ebd ,16inch alloys climatronic a/c andsunroof for 12lacs.
I will happily pay for my dream safari mentioned here.
so will I, and almost every bhpian.......

but at least some from your wishlist is already present on the going-to-be-launched safari... like the 16 inch alloys- there was a mention in OD regarding the new safari crdi going the scorpio (crde) way, and adorning 16 inchers, albeit alloys, in this case.....

and same for the airbags and abs- both are already present on the safari 2.1 petrol, and i see no reason why tatas wouldn't offer it in their latest baby... as for the sunroof, it could be offered as an optional accessory (guessing here). don't think the climate control would make it though.....

and regarding the engine, it never hurts to expect 140 bhp, if it's a 3.0 crdi; or the 2.2 mentioned by mr. ratan at detroit.... but, no matter what the power, we can safely expect axle-splitting torque, in the region of 280 nm+.......tatas will definitely deliver on that count..... and for most SUV owners, TORQUE MATTERS.....i for one, simply love that shove back in the seat from a torquey engine....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks