Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2005, 10:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

i think 12 lakhs is a quite a bit to for a safari...they need to keep costs low inorder to price the safari within the scorpio range ...
Old 26th July 2005, 14:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i think 12 lakhs is a quite a bit to for a safari...they need to keep costs low inorder to price the safari within the scorpio range ...
And i agree with turbo_lover there.. Tata needs to launch the Safari to take on the Mahindra Scorpio.. That would bring down the Endeavours and the Tucsons to its heels.. When is it coming out?? what are the trims available??

By-the-way, where did all of us start getting ideas about the 12 lakhs price??

I am liking the month of August too.. ;-)
Old 26th July 2005, 17:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
2.4L 140Bhp dual airbags abs with ebd ,16inch alloys climatronic a/c andsunroof for 12lacs.
I will happily pay for my dream safari mentioned here.
Well, i could live with a powerful, low-maintenance safari giving 12-14 kmpl and carrying upto 7 people in relative comfort. And it should have a terrific road-presence of-course.. Rest of the features are good to have.. But are not absolutely essential for enthusiasts..

What say folks??
Old 26th July 2005, 20:09   #49
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nissan xtrail crdi
Nissan Xtrail- DCi & not CRDi
Old 26th July 2005, 22:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

I meant to say the xtrail with crdi engine and not the model. I should have mentioned it properly.

Safari ex is currently selling in the 8-10 price range. I dont see a reason why Tata wont increase the price by another lakh or two for the Common Rail. Just trying to be reasonable here though. FE I assume will be around 8-10 KMPL as safari will be still heavy. If Safari is priced around 10 or less then Tucson and endeavour prices will have to be brought down.

Lets HOpe Tata does a decent job with the new safari.
Old 27th July 2005, 11:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I meant to say the xtrail with crdi engine and not the model. I should have mentioned it properly.

Safari ex is currently selling in the 8-10 price range. I dont see a reason why Tata wont increase the price by another lakh or two for the Common Rail. Just trying to be reasonable here though. FE I assume will be around 8-10 KMPL as safari will be still heavy. If Safari is priced around 10 or less then Tucson and endeavour prices will have to be brought down.

Lets HOpe Tata does a decent job with the new safari.
Devarshi84, Please read aadix's first quote in this thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
ps: also stated was it would cost just 30-40 k more than the existing one! this car is sure gonna be an vfm!
So since you mentioned that it is currently selling in the 8-10 price range. The new updated price would be 8.5 - 10.5 as a reasonable estimate.. I think the TATA's are wise enough not to jack up the price by a lakh or two..

Also, i believe (though i may be wrong) that TATA was working to bring down the weight factor on the Safari to improve the power/weight ratio and give it that extra punch..
Old 27th July 2005, 22:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

hey guys ..
just came across an aricle ...dated may/2005
"New Safari caught testing"
..the engine will be of a higher capacity 2.2L ..
delivering 115 ps which should be around 112 bhp ...(not bad)
coupled with a few cosmetic changes ...
read more on the same ...
http://www.overdrive.co.in/art_dtls....0&tblname=news
Old 28th July 2005, 13:03   #53
SUV
BHPian

Scoop News

Caught in bangalore !!!!

New Safari out on a Photo Shoot ... Post the specs shortly ........

Sorry guy's no PIC ... Caught it in a Bunk filling gas .... !!! the same colow as in overdrive ..

Its back on the 3rd after the photo session .... and i am going to have it for a full day ... :-) dont ask me how ..

To be launched on the 5th
Old 28th July 2005, 13:33   #54
BHPian

Safari need to have atleast 140 horses or more for its size and weight or still it would be the "ALL SHOW NO GO" SUV...
Old 28th July 2005, 14:22   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

12 Lac Rupees? The CRDi Safari will sink faster than a brick in water! It would be extremely foolish to raise the price by even a single rupee...If anything, they must take the price lower than at the current levels.

Reason? The Safari is almost 10 years old - and that means Tata has totally depreciated the machinery / dyes / equipment to 0 value. It has had a lot of shared costs (parts, development etc.) with most other steeds from the Tata stable.

Price it sensibly, Tata. Remember that its all about delivering value to your customers.

GTO
Old 28th July 2005, 14:31   #56
BHPian

Quote:
It would be extremely foolish to raise the price by even a single rupee...If anything, they must take the price lower than at the current levels.
That would be highly improbable.

What TATA could do is raise the prices by 50K-IL- put an excellent CRdi engine and remove those quality issues that plague all TATA cars.

With a better product even with increased prices of 6-8% - there would be many who would still buy it in a hurry.
Old 28th July 2005, 14:47   #57
SUV
BHPian

well guy's a point to note here is the .. the new Safari is not a "ALL NEW GROND UP" SUV .. its the same model currently in production with a new front bumper, headlamps and tail lamps....

The only other thing which they have not offered till date on a Diesel Safari is the Air Bags and ABS as standard which on the Common Rail one would be standard equipment ..

Consider this

a 4x4 Petrol Safari ex costs 12 Lac's on Road in bangalore .. In all probability the Common Rail Diesel and the 136 BHP Petrol pricing will be identical .. with the assumption's that ABS and Air bags will be standard ........

to put it in other word's ...

Offer the Safari with a choice of Petrol or a Diesel at the same price with all spec's standard between both......
Old 28th July 2005, 15:57   #58
BHPian

I agree, I read somewhere that the fog-lamps of the new Safari are taken from the Indica/Indigo.. Also the new tail-lamp might be the same as that of the Indica. Besides as "SUV" already mentioned, there is nothing major going into the new-look safari, except for its front grill and of-course the CRDI engine.. I have my own reservations about any new product from TATA.. No doubt, they are improving.. But i wouldn't want to burn my fingers with a new product from TATA the way i would probably do with a TOYOTA.. I've heard enuf horror stories about the Indica-V1..
Old 28th July 2005, 16:19   #59
Team-BHP Support

umm the Autocar says it will be about 40K dearer than the present one. But then thats speculation, Tata is not going to lose on the price front, thats for sure.
Old 28th July 2005, 18:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Safari is almost 10 years old
the safari was launched in 97' sep; deliveries began in oct; so that's just about 8 years, not 10....

even ACI mentions a 40,000 increase in the prices- so it's safe to assume, that the new crd-i will not cost above 10.5-11 on-road.....tatas always play it safe on the pricing front....

Quote:
i wouldn't want to burn my fingers with a new product from TATA the way i would probably do with a TOYOTA.. I've heard enuf horror stories about the Indica-V1..
don't worry, man... the new lot of safaris are way better than the earlier lot- in fact, i had compared my ride (2000 model) with a new one, and i was stunned at the improvements made by tata- even the doors shut with a different "thud", and the overall fit and finish was way different. tata has definitely learnt from it's past- a clear example is the indigo- the lessons learnt from indica was put to good use in the indigo.....and surely, the new safari will definitely be a good product... and by the way, the safari is just getting an engine upgrade, so nothing can go wrong with the tried and tested chassis and suspension setups......just hope they improve slightly on the body and interiors.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks