Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 23:42   #46
BHPian

initial low price is only because of their image. We all know that Honda while having an excellent image, can get away with any stupid price they put.
Old 11th July 2009, 00:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
True, Linea is underpriced by 50k atleast (my guess) and I don't even think Fiat is earning any profit on it. They have priced a big car (size of corolla/civic) loaded with features and priced it less than all their competitors!

I think one more reason for price increase is, the GP and Indigo Vista ... some variants will come in Linea territory. So they are positioning Linea farther away.
May be they want to be priced further away than Jazz and i20 CRDi
Old 11th July 2009, 10:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
True, Linea is underpriced by 50k atleast (my guess) and I don't even think Fiat is earning any profit on it. They have priced a big car (size of corolla/civic) loaded with features and priced it less than all their competitors!

I think one more reason for price increase is, the GP and Indigo Vista ... some variants will come in Linea territory. So they are positioning Linea farther away.
Fiat is not here to do charity under pricing cars by 50k. If I go by your logic that a big car is priced less than competitors than Logan should be more costly than the likes of Fiesta, SX4 and the types. Its not an apple to apple comparison. A well made Linea with good quality materials, leather interiors, 4 wheel disc brake, and a 1.8 ltr engine would definitely be priced in Corolla J price range.

Fiat has got its initial pricing right and thats why the buzz about Linea and Punto has been created. But they have definitely compromised on the drive train and the quality to meet the price tag. My only hope is that this increase in price goes towards improving the quality of interior materials of this otherwise decent car.
Old 11th July 2009, 11:26   #49
BHPian

I agree that the Linea is under-priced, but that is what makes it that much more attractive. Selling 900 cars a month is, imo, not a number to declare the car a run away success and raise prices.

While, I am personally disappointed that I may have to pay a significantly higher price, it also comes at a time when (I understand) ANHC, Fiesta and Magnum are available at substantial discounts. And at the 8 lakh ballpark figure, since I do not see hatchbacks as downgrading, the i20 1.4 petrol with auto transmission becomes an option.

Incidentally, whatever I do end up buying will be to replace my 3 year old NHC with just 24K on the odo. Call me irrational
Old 11th July 2009, 12:45   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
I just checked with the two Pune dealers. The prices have gone up. Emotion Petrol by Rs10,000. And no discounts. Last month there was a discount of Rs 8000 plus free extended warranty. So that is an effective increase of Rs 23000. Should have booked it last month
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I was gussing about this price rise for some time now
i think, Linea is under priced car.

FIAT had a Penetration Price strategy, now having success,
it is time to maximise margins.

but this price rise will have less impact on a buyer who will
have loan to buy the car, as FIAT has low interest
schemes aligned with the banks / dealers.
Exactly my thoughts !!
I always felt that Fiat has pursued this penetration Price Strategy only because of the compulsion of the dire position they were in, in terms of image, A.S.S. & market share
If Linea (1000 pm) & GP (1500-2000 pm) maintains the sales or increase further, price rise will definitely be on cards - may be in short & small bursts & after 6 to 8 months or a year, these cars won't be available at current low prices
Old 11th July 2009, 13:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

I was unaware of 1 more price increase

When i bought my car Linea E+ petrol in Delhi in APRIL
Ex showroom was - 698982

After i took delivery it was hiked after 2 days - 715000

Now one more price hike - 724000
Fiat is increasing prices step by step and not in one go like others. 10-10k increase. Am sure Punto prices will be jacked up very very soon like Linea.
Even at 901 cars sold, Fiat increased prices... Hmm what should i say? Has the demand for Linea went up this month because of Punto hype?

I saved a whole 25k by buying LINEA earlier in April Yesterday i was thinking why i bought car earlier, i would have bought they grey color of Linea but now am happy 25k saved will compensate for grey color.
I also managed floor mats, mud flaps, perfume, body cover etc. 25k is a big amount they increased within 3 months.
Good going.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 11th July 2009 at 13:02.
Old 11th July 2009, 13:38   #52
BANNED

I doubt there will be more regular price increases. As the initial price was introductory, this was bound to happen. Of course as costs go up they will increas like all other manufacturers.
Old 11th July 2009, 14:16   #53
BHPian

So what do you guys say?
-Buy a Linea now
-Wait for a slow season discount
-Switch to a Fiesta/Magnum/120 1.4?
Old 11th July 2009, 15:55   #54
BHPian

@pragmites,
There's no point waiting for price decrease. It might as well increase!
You should wait if you have any upcoming launch. If not, just suit the best car for the needs available right now.

Linea: Looks, elegance and comfortable ride
Fiesta: peppy car but smaller than Linea (discounts available)
I20 1.4: If you need an automatic (beware of mileage though)
Magnum: will be expensive
SX4: discounts too

Overall, if you need a modern sedan with features loaded, AND affordability, look no further than a Linea. Thats my choice too!
Old 12th July 2009, 00:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
So what do you guys say?
-Buy a Linea now
-Wait for a slow season discount
-Switch to a Fiesta/Magnum/120 1.4?
IMO its better to wait.

Once Linea sale settled @ 500 cars / months, fiat will offer discounts & free bees.
Old 12th July 2009, 00:28   #56
BHPian

I don't think fiat will let sales drop that low. They're obviously meeting there targets and hence the prices are increasing. The moment sales fall a bit the price will go down.
IMO 500 pieces a must would be disastrous and fiat would take adequate steps to ensure this doesn't happen.
Old 12th July 2009, 11:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
IMO 500 pieces a must would be disastrous and fiat would take adequate steps to ensure this doesn't happen.
500 units per month will be almost game over for Linea
Fiat will not allow sales to drop this much, with Punto sales can improve as it has created a lot of hype about fiat cars.
Old 12th July 2009, 13:03   #58
BANNED

I am glad to be introduced into the group of Linea owners for the past one week and I am lucky to have bought it after the may sales dipped to 901 cars due to which Fiat is offering a sumptuous discount of Rs. 8,000 + free warranty of Rs. 5350 + 2,000 off on Insurance+ free goodies like under chassis coat, floor mats, Linea key chain, mud flaps etc. So total discount is more than price hike of 15,000 here in Chennai. So I got it at a good rate.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:29   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
I am glad to be introduced into the group of Linea owners for the past one week and I am lucky to have bought it after the may sales dipped to 901 cars due to which Fiat is offering a sumptuous discount of Rs. 8,000 + free warranty of Rs. 5350 + 2,000 off on Insurance+ free goodies like under chassis coat, floor mats, Linea key chain, mud flaps etc. So total discount is more than price hike of 15,000 here in Chennai. So I got it at a good rate.
Which Linea Variant have you bought?
Also is it Diesel or petrol?
Why don't you start your initial ownership thread
Old 13th July 2009, 11:40   #60
BHPian

autocarcr which variant have you got it and is it on petrol or diesel? But im sure you are happy that you have got a lots of goodies as discount.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks