Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 22:43   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
It was expected, wasn't it?

The question to be asked is - will FIAT take care of the small niggles the owners are facing in the new cars? A colleague got a Linea delivered last week. The quality and finish seems to be the same to what was encountered in the first deliveries which means quality control has still not improved.

When prices hike, customers also expect significant and visible quality improvements.
Jayanth, I had taken delivery of Linea just 15 days back and my observation is that the quality of plastics are much better than the demo car. The VIN says car is manufactured in July month. There is also not any famous Linea problem in my car, touch wood Check your friend's car VIN....
Old 1st September 2009, 11:05   #92
BHPian

Quote:
The question to be asked is - will FIAT take care of the small niggles the owners are facing in the new cars? A colleague got a Linea delivered last week. The quality and finish seems to be the same to what was encountered in the first deliveries which means quality control has still not improved

I think Fiat is being quite responsive, perhaps slower than what one would like. For example, as I have posted on my thread:
-They have designed a modified bonnet release lever to replace the existing one that tends to get dislodged. Should be available with service centres in the next 2 days
-New clips to hold the fuse box cover to eliminate slight gap between dashboard and cover
-New seat height adjustment lever.
The car car was launched in Jan 2009. Allow 3 months for feedback, 1-2 months for redesign of components and 3 months for production. The responsiveness of Fiat seems reasonable.

That some basic problems were not discovered ( or overlooked) in the testing stage is a different matter.
Old 30th September 2009, 18:16   #93
J.Ravi

I have booked Fiat Linea 1.4 petrol Emotion Pack FTA with Concorde Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore, and am awaiting delivery of the vehicle, which is in transit and expected by next week. The sales excecutive has already furnished VIN bearing code JPZ indicating September 2009 as manufacturing month/year. Yesterday, the sales executive called and informed me that Fiat Linea price is going to be increased by Rs 6 k from 1 October 2009. If I pay the balance amount by cheque, they will bill it as on 29 September 2009 at the old rates. I paid the balance amount by cheque yesterday and billing was done yesterday only. Now, anxiously waiting for the red-lettered day.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 30th September 2009 at 18:28.

Old 30th September 2009, 18:52   #94
BHPian

I'm not sure whether Fiat is looking at the niggles faced by the owners, but the sales is definitely picking up rapidly. Quite a lot of Lineas on roads nowadays. Good going Fiat, don't get Lethargic though!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks